Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Poll: If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,359

Poll: If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers

Aug 22, 2019, 12:04 AM

who are you switching to?

If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers, who are you switching to?    [Results]

Directv
Spectrum
Verizon
YouTube
Charter
Hulu
PlayStation
Google fiber
Other streaming service
Other cable service
military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Poll: If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers

Aug 22, 2019, 4:05 AM

The ACCN didn't cause me to change, the $238.00 a month caused me to downgrade, and I hated the downgraded spectrum package for $191 plus tax, and that was garbage compared to what I had for the $238. With the internet for $70.99, and YouTube TV for $50, plus HBO, show time, and stars will be about $25 more with YouTube, so that's now $75 for YouTube, $70 for internet, and will be getting as much and some with a saving of $40 bucks going the YouTube TV way. So I'm paying less and still have just as much for $40 bucks cheaper!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 7:32 AM

Just so you know, Spectrum can be negotiated.

I just took my $70.99 internet bill down to $55.

Just call and say cancel service until you get a representative on the phone. Once you do, you'll be connected to the loyalty dept and can haggle with them. They first offered me $60, but I pushed a bit harder and got to 55.

Aug 22, 2019, 9:03 AM

I'm with All Orange on this one.

For me, I do not care to have to call and hassle with them every year about the increased rates. Now, with Youtube TV I just pay them $50/mth, get everything I want, unlimited recording in the cloud, etc and no worries about confrontations with Directv anymore. I'm an old retired guy that is tired of all the hassle. Switching fixes that problem for me. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 9:59 AM

Absolutely 1000% where I am with my thoughts and feelings about this thing called Cable TV crocodile's. Coming up through the good ole days, we threw up a TV antenna with a booster with one of those inside turn the antenna thingies that sat on top the TV, and boom, every channel posible right there at your fingertips. Nowadays we have to try and negotiate the best price we can afford and have to accept what we get. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired of the cable tv negotiations year in and year out!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers ]

Please tell how bc I couldn't get anywhere with the bit-ch that I talked to, and I was as nice as could be until I realized I was getting absolutely nowhere, and that's when I informed them how I truly felt about the entire cable tv screw over....

I tried to teach my dad about this. He’s getting taken to

Aug 22, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers ]

The cleaners. He pays the same as me and he doesn’t even have DVR

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll Cutback On Services From Comcast For Now....

Aug 22, 2019, 9:23 AM

What I'm hoping is to use the "Free Trials" for Youtube TV and then Hulu and hopefully a deal will be worked out with Comcast by then.

If not, I'll just cut out some of the services I'm getting with Comcast.

Now if I like these other options better I may just dump Comcast except for there internet and move on.

I can't imagine they want to give people a reason to shop around....But Blockbuster Video probably never thought Netflix would work either...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Aug 22, 2019, 10:03 AM

It remains to be seen. I have heard that Directv Now may have the ACCN.

I will be at the GA Tech so I don't need an answer immediately.

If it's not there, then I will be making the switch soon to YoutubeTV.

Aug 22, 2019, 10:05 AM

I should add that CBS and NBC have to return for football season as well to keep me with Directv NOW.

Aug 22, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Poll: If the ACC Network is causing you to switch providers ]

Supposed to kick off on DirectTV at 7PM ET tonight on channel 612.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic