Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: OL Recruiting, RB Status, Carman, BB Transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: OL Recruiting, RB Status, Carman, BB Transfer

May 4, 2018, 9:16 AM

OL Recruiting, RB Status, Carman, BB Transfer

Email Bag

In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

It seems at almost every position when a Clemson kid gets selected in NFL draft and even some that are

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: OL Recruiting, RB Status, Carman, BB Transfer

May 4, 2018, 9:44 AM

Far from an O-line guru, but Bill makes a compelling case. Last year’s line had 3 first team all-acc ballers, and bama vets and 1st yr starters (hs all-Americans) ran thru our starters like butter.

Looks like an opportunity for improvement on a team that is stacked with D and Offensive skill players. Expect Dabo has a plan, and Carman was a great get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a

May 4, 2018, 9:57 AM

Ridiculous comment. The pros are the pros...they see things their way. To define how Caldwell and staff do their job's based on NFL players is fool's gold. There's a Natty trophy and three consecutive CFP appearances that STRONGLY suggest the staff is doing a fine, fine job of player and character development. To think otherwise, is to sound very un-Clemson, in my opinion...and, represents an 'entitled' behavior many of us find deplorable in other fan bases. Distasteful!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It was a

May 5, 2018, 10:02 AM

So the reason our other positions groups have done so well in the pros has nothing to do with our coaches?

May 11, 2018, 5:58 PM [ in reply to It was a ]

Good points, but fans here have a perfect right to express their opinions re: the program. I just don't think that any form of censorship has a place on this board. And if coaches are infallible, why are so many of them FIRED every year??

May 11, 2018, 9:10 PM

What censorship is it you think you read here? There are comments...to my knowledge, none have been deleted, aka: censored.

We don’t keep up with the coots. What coot coach(es) were

May 11, 2018, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: It was a ]

fired? Thanks!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on Salty. A lot of posts just want to blame someone,

May 11, 2018, 10:04 PM [ in reply to It was a ]

anyone for EVERYTHING. The coaches have produced great teams on the field and are not responsible for NFL and the draft. Players have their own measurables.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saltman

May 13, 2018, 4:57 AM [ in reply to It was a ]

"Ridiculous. The pros are the pros. Very un-Clemson. Distasteful!"

Hilarious. I welcome your distasteful and entitled critique, and take it you fancy yourself as some sort of righteous critic or arbiter on what is deemed appropriate to post on T-Net. Or some sort of protector to Dabo and his coaching staff. They are all multi-millionaires doing a #### of a job.

So I will double down. The O-Line is an area Clemson can help themselves. And yes, entitled Clemson plays each game to win. No apologies for not being a Wake or UVA fan. And thanks DW for taking this humble university to another entitled level. Keep up the good work Salty, Soc Howell, Class of 1984

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saltman...Really?

May 13, 2018, 11:29 AM

I wasn't in any way, shape, or form, responding to your post. The blog was the target of my comment, the details of which would bear that out.

And, while I absolutely don't claim perfection, calling someone out in a forum isn't my style, either.

ol recruiting & development is top notch...

May 12, 2018, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: OL Recruiting, RB Status, Carman, BB Transfer ]

this belief is akin to burying your head in the sand but this tigernet maybe you need a new pair of orange colored glasses

Dear Mackey,

May 4, 2018, 11:26 AM

Etienne. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 5, 2018, 9:21 AM

So what team has an elite RB group this year If ours is not? TIA

ETN is elite, he will prove it this year***

May 11, 2018, 6:05 PM

He's going to have to add blocking and catching to be elite***

May 14, 2018, 11:39 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama***

May 13, 2018, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: OL Recruiting, RB Status, Carman, BB Transfer ]

May 14, 2018, 2:36 PM

development and number of pros are actively being used in negative recruiting against us when going for Blue chip (and below) O-line recruits

Going Ostrich mode and burying your head in the sand (as Mickey does in his response) will not fix this problem.

Look at what Georgia did last cycle... crazy number of bluechip O-linemen (yes I love that we got Carman) and they did it with a young hip Oline coach that can recruit!

Caldwell is a great coach. I agree with Mickey and think he's actually pretty good developer of talent. But he's a subpar recruiter and his age is being used against him on the recruiting trail

Feel free to thumbs down me from below the sand

Brandon Class of 04

I find it hilarious that Mickey doesn't care about the

May 14, 2018, 4:52 PM

highest level of football except how it will affect our perception and recruiting

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic