Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
People trying to make an assesment of our baseball team with South Alabama are wrong.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,351

People trying to make an assesment of our baseball team with South Alabama are wrong.

Feb 16, 2019, 9:40 PM

Wait until we play FSU, UNC, NC State, Georgia, or Duke to judge this team . Then judge.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People trying to make an assesment of our baseball team with South Alabama are wrong.

Feb 16, 2019, 9:50 PM

South Alabama has a good program traditionally. We took 2 out of 3. That's good. Also look at these players that played there in recent history.

Juan Pierre, Adam Lind, Luis Gonzalez, Jon Lieber, Marlon Anderson and David Freese.

Re: People trying to make an assesment of our baseball team with South Alabama are wrong.

Feb 16, 2019, 11:23 PM

Not to mention that freshman now , he looks like he’s gonna be a heck of a ball player , I never really took the last game of some of these early season series too serious ... I mean we won the series played solid ( def need to address all the looking Ks) but that third game is about getting a lot of the young talent in some game action and seeing what we have to work with come acc play... I think we will be fine and should push 40 wins again if we can cut down on the strikeouts .

One question is what’s up with kier Merideth is he still not fully healthy or what

Feb 16, 2019, 11:59 PM

It's baseball so be happy with 2 out of 3, not a bad start. The Tigers will make adjustments and will sweep some series and just need to avoid getting swept. Play ball!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 7:58 AM

I’m not waiting to judge I’ve seen enough from the offense already. This team will lose a regional and this time it won’t even be at home. The acc sucked last year. How are we going to win Friday night games with a starter that can’t make it out the 5th inning for 3 years now, while facing ace pitchers? I mean conference play btw

Feb 17, 2019, 10:24 AM

Forfeit the rest of the season and save the embarrassment... come on. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: People trying to make an assesment of our baseball team with South Alabama are wrong. ]

I’m not waiting to judge I’ve seen enough from the offense already. This team will lose a regional and this time it won’t even be at home. The acc sucked last year. How are we going to win Friday night games with a starter that can’t make it out the 5th inning for 3 years now, while facing ace pitchers? I mean conference play btw

All this assessment after one 3 game series that had to squeeze in a double header Saturday because of the weather? Maybe Coach Lee will pitch every starter 9 innings so come late April and May, their arms will be so tired they'll be throwing 75 mph fast balls. I guess Dabo will have to stop playing 72+ players a game to keep the starters fresh and healthy all year. Does this mean if the Tiger football team backups give up a first down to GA Tech in the opener, we're going to have to question them too?

Message was edited by: saddis56

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 17, 2019, 8:05 AM

I think we need to play Alabama.
I would like to think in a 3 game series we would score 44 runs, and only give up 16. But only 6 were earned. The other 10 came against our 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic