Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
POLL: For cord cutting Streamers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

POLL: For cord cutting Streamers

Aug 6, 2019, 8:03 PM

What service , of those that have announced the ACC network do you / will use?

What service , of those that have announced the ACC network do you / will use?    [Results]

PSVue
YouTubeTV
HuluLive
Sling
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: POLL: For cord cutting Streamers

Aug 6, 2019, 8:14 PM

Hulu all he way. I am ALL IN!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTube TV now available nationwide

Aug 7, 2019, 5:12 AM

I wanted YouTube but it was not available in Florence. I used Hulu Live which was good but then I had to get local channels on Spectrum. I just found out that YouTube is now available everywhere and not just in the larger markets so it will be a huge savings for me without giving up any channels.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after 14 years w DirectTV, we switched to HULU

Aug 6, 2019, 8:22 PM

3 weeks ago and I must admit, I don’t miss DirectTV one bit AND I am saving $120/mo. HULU w Live is costing me $65/mo. I was paying almost $180 w DTV and I essentially have all the channels the wifey and I need.

Wish I had done it before now.

Switch to YouTube and save $15 more per month!

Aug 7, 2019, 5:31 AM

I tried both last year, and YouTube just has the better interface, and unlimited DVR,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: after 14 years w DirectTV, we switched to HULU

Aug 7, 2019, 6:51 AM [ in reply to after 14 years w DirectTV, we switched to HULU ]

But how much are you paying for internet?

Aug 7, 2019, 7:36 AM

49.99 for internet , but I would have internet charge whether I was streaming TV or not. I am not sure why people try to make cord cutters add this in the comparison.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 10:03 PM

Bc some have local isps that upcharge internet only

Sling still hasn't announced it will carry it

Aug 6, 2019, 8:29 PM

Or am I missing something?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sling still hasn't announced it will carry it

Aug 7, 2019, 9:26 AM

Tiggity® said:

Or am I missing something?

You are right, I should not have included them

Aug 6, 2019, 8:41 PM

Really cant beat youtube tv for 50$. I have it at my house and I let a friend of mine use it at his house and he gives me $20 a month... You can have up to 6 accounts on the main account but only 3 can stream at the same time... And unlimited DVR...

Aug 6, 2019, 8:48 PM

Really cant beat youtube tv for 50$. I have it at my house and I let a friend of mine use it at his house and he gives me $20 a month... You can have up to 6 accounts on the main account but only 3 can stream at the same time... And unlimited DVR...

YouTubeTV is the only one that you can get away with that right now. They are about to stop it , they are testing now and that benefit “may” go away very soon . It’s still a great deal at 50 bucks

Good point Esso! I think, until recently, YouTube advertised

Aug 6, 2019, 9:46 PM

allowing up to five other "family or friends" on your account. Now, I just went on their site, and it says, "Family, spending significant time in the same household", so I guess students, away at college, can share with their parents.

I guess you can't blame them for getting more restrictive, or everyone would just be sharing and severely cutting into their income.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will probably stick with psvue. Worked well last season.

Aug 6, 2019, 8:58 PM

The channel changes at Youtubetv to have me considering it however. Might solve some of the small issues I have with psvue.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2019, 9:32 PM

None of the above. Using stream2watch free site and connecting Mac to HDTV via HDMI cable. Free and legal and Hi Def.

I barely even need a TV, since 98% of the time, I'm watching

Aug 6, 2019, 9:56 PM

by myself, and just watch YouTube TV on my laptop. My wife just watches Netflix and Amazon Prime on hers. so most of the time, we don't even turn the TV on! An we have a smart TV!

Really, a 14 or 15 inch screen, two feet or so away from you, is just a big as a 60 inch, 10 or 12 feet away! I can read the small ###### on the bottom of the screen much easier.

Right now, I have the Braves game streaming with the audio going, while I'm on Tnet. If i hear something exciting happening, I just click on the YouTube tab.

I have also opened YouTube on three different tabs, and had three different ballgames going at once, and I can quickly click back and forth among them!

My goodness, "######" is now a banned word on Tnet!

Aug 6, 2019, 10:00 PM

What's wrong with these people??

Re: My goodness, "######" is now a banned word on Tnet!

Aug 7, 2019, 12:08 AM

Hey, watch it with the profanity-

Re: My goodness, "######" is now a banned word on Tnet!

Aug 7, 2019, 11:50 AM [ in reply to My goodness, "######" is now a banned word on Tnet! ]

I think they had to add that word when we "scripted that Bama a-zz".

stream2watch........

Aug 7, 2019, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: POLL: For cord cutting Streamers ]

Do you think the ACCN games will be available? Were you able to watch lastes years games on ESPN or the other networks associated with ESPN?

Went with PS Vue because they were the only one

Aug 7, 2019, 6:47 AM

of the "big streamers" (i.e. PS Vue, YouTube TV, Sling, Hulu) that offered the AHC (American Heroes Channel). Outside of football season, my wife and I only watch about 8 channels (News, AHC, Discovery, Smithsonian and local channels) with AHC being one of our most watched. So far I've been very pleased with PS Vue - the quality of their streams, ease of accessibility, and cloud DVR have been very good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2019, 7:35 AM

If you want to get NFL Network, NFL Red Zone, NHL Network, and also ACC Network Extra -- there is only one streaming carrier that has these channels.

PSVue

Neither Hulu or YouTube TV has those channels.

Aug 7, 2019, 8:56 AM

This guy MAY be a salesman

Aug 7, 2019, 9:25 AM

Calhoun2® said:

This guy MAY be a salesman

Yes , I am a salesman for YouTubeTv, I have been stalking Tigernet for about 20 years to lull you folks to sleep for this launch push :)

Actually , I am passionate about technology in general and appreciate that many have no idea how streaming works or what is involved in the switch. Just trying to knock down some weeds for fellow tigers.

He was replying to WiFied, not you***

Aug 7, 2019, 9:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I've tried all of them

Aug 7, 2019, 8:57 AM

YouTube TV is by far the best.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I've tried all of them

Aug 7, 2019, 9:22 AM

Does it also provide local channels? Thanks

Aug 7, 2019, 9:56 AM

Yes YTTV will have local channels.

I am torn between Hulu (already paying for on-demand so net cost is cheaper per month) and Vue (pkg more like typical cable bundle) and YTTV (DVR capacity is a big plus, sounds like interface is the best too).

Aug 7, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I've tried all of them ]

curugby82 said:

Does it also provide local channels? Thanks

Yes YouTubeTv, Hulu, and PSVue include locals. There may be a few exception zip codes , but all three sites let you plug in your zip code and confirm exactly what you will get

YouTube TV is the only service that carries all of my locals

Aug 7, 2019, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: I've tried all of them ]

PS Vue does not carry CBS in my area, and Hulu Live does not carry ABC. Also, for anyone interested, YTTV is adding PBS and PBS Kids this year. Check with your zip code to see what's carried in your local area.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 7, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to I've tried all of them ]

YouTube TV is by far the best.

Well - not necessarily. If YouTube TV doesn't have an individuals favorite channel then YouTube TV is not the best for that individual...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i've had YouTube TV

Aug 7, 2019, 10:05 AM

for over a year. Before that I had Sling for probably 2-3 years. I've done a free trial with PSVue and HuluTV. I can honestly say that YouTube TV is by far the best service. I hate the prices have gone up but it still is the best option. No buffering, grid channel lineup, unlimited DVR, and has better channel selections. you can share with 6 other people (only 3 stream simultaneous) and I was able to see every Clemson game last season. Its even better now that ACCN is going to be on it.

YouTube TV is def. the way to go.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic