Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ooooopsy ! Looks like we forgot again !
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Ooooopsy ! Looks like we forgot again !

Sep 16, 2019, 9:02 AM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nyt-kavanaugh-bombshell-goes-bust-after-2020-dems-use-it-to-call-for-impeachment

fred

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dems and NYT are pathetic!***

Sep 16, 2019, 9:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dems and NYT are pathetic!***

Sep 16, 2019, 9:25 AM

They're a disgrace … with no self-awareness!

Re: Dems and NYT are pathetic!***

Sep 16, 2019, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Dems and NYT are pathetic!*** ]

bengaline said:

You are correct. This is all nonsense. They lost the Kavanaugh fight in an extremely embarrassing way. His hearing was ridiculous. They should leave the man alone.

Even if the allegation is correct, trying to hold someone accountable for one's behavior as a 19 year old is ridiculous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying fake news is justified much of the time.

Sep 16, 2019, 12:12 PM

Fake news cherrypicks bits and causes the reader's focus to be narrow and quick. Opinions are formed much too quickly today, imo. 'Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Saying fake news is justified much of the time.

Sep 16, 2019, 1:50 PM

This just tells me something is about to happen (IG Report) that the media is trying to overshadow with a large news story. True to form, this one’s a fake like all the others. Sadly, there’s a portion of the public that absorbs this and actually believes there’s a sitting Supreme Court justice who is a rapist. The media is so transparent now that it’s comical.

Re: Saying fake news is justified much of the time.

Sep 17, 2019, 11:11 PM

MemphisCat said:

This just tells me something is about to happen (IG Report) that the media is trying to overshadow with a large news story. True to form, this one’s a fake like all the others. Sadly, there’s a portion of the public that absorbs this and actually believes there’s a sitting Supreme Court justice who is a rapist. The media is so transparent now that it’s comical.

Geez Memphis, everything is not a conspiracy. They're not smart enough to pull of a real collaboration. It's just different entities acting the fool in their own way.

There is no grand conspiracy there is no 'deep state', there is no media conspiracy. There just real people doing real stupid stuff. It's been this stupid for 100 years. No need for a conspiracy, they hang themselves..publicly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interestingly, a quick Google search indicates that that

Sep 18, 2019, 12:28 AM [ in reply to Saying fake news is justified much of the time. ]

phrase "Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see" originated in the mid-19th Century.

https://www.encyclopedia.com/humanities/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/believe-nothing-what-you-hear-and-only-half-what-you-see

Imagine what the originator of that phrase would think if they could see 2019? "Believe nothing."?

Of course...that's if the link is telling the truth... :)

null

That phrase came to me in the middle of the 20th century.

Sep 18, 2019, 8:02 AM

My grandmother was raised by Cherokee in the middle to late 19th century. My personal experience suggest it may be a tribal saying. I have previously never considered the origin other than to remember she was the only person I ever heard say it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic