Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sports, but the opportunities today to hurt others with words have grown immeasurably.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,388

Not sports, but the opportunities today to hurt others with words have grown immeasurably.

Nov 12, 2019, 5:43 PM

yep, see this every minute even on TigerNet when I/You write something or misspell a word or whatever.

What a "Modern" world we live in.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

try being in my shoes... in broadcasting.

Nov 12, 2019, 5:54 PM

every single letter and word gets picked over. Hard to believe so many people get pleasure out of pointing at others' mistakes.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: try being in my shoes... in broadcasting.

Nov 12, 2019, 6:42 PM

yours is like being in law enforcement or politics where everything you do ticks some group off

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sports but the opportunities today to hurt others with words have grown immeasurably.

Nov 12, 2019, 5:55 PM

Perhaps Bill., but words can only hurt if you allow them to do so. Far too many today assign personal worth based on what others say about them on a social media platform; positive or negative.

Couple that with the fact that most social media platforms provide anonymity and don’t force an individual to own their words(not suggesting they should), and you have the social soup whereby any troll, or in our case scok, can say anything to anyone without consequence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sports but the opportunities today to hurt others with words have grown immeasurably.

Nov 12, 2019, 7:17 PM

Absolutely, but some have become use to others jabbing at them, or being bullied. Those are the ones that when I was a much younger I would get myself in trouble for by defending them from the bully. And I have to admit as bad as it was, but back then I loved punching a bully in the face and dare them to open their mouth to me. And yes I was bullied by my older cousin until I grew up and turned the tables on him one day, and the bully Henry stopped that day for everrrr!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There should be a comma after "Not sports"

Nov 12, 2019, 6:00 PM

Go back to Engrish class you hack. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It began with our youth and the Wizard of Oz

Nov 12, 2019, 6:04 PM

We were mesmerized by the 'Great Oz' to wield such power without being seen. Technology allowed for the many to become consumed with the 'power and courage' just like the Great Oz possessed...invisible, omnipotent...darn near perfect in all respects and opinions! LOL!

That's my theory...and I'm sticking to it. ;) (Pretty sure most of my punctuation is right...and I'm a retentive speller!)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It began with our youth and the Wizard of Oz

Nov 12, 2019, 6:56 PM

You nailed it....????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sports, but the opportunities today to hurt others with words have grown immeasurably.

Nov 12, 2019, 7:07 PM

Some people are pleased when they can hurt someone's feeling or correct them. They get their jollies off when they can find themselves a victim!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,388
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic