Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NIT Coaches’ Salaries
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

NIT Coaches’ Salaries

Mar 18, 2019, 11:57 PM

I was curious as to the yearly salaries of the coaches of the highest seeded NIT teams. Here they are:

1 seeds:
Indiana - Archie Miller, $3.35 million
Alabama - Avery Johnson, $2.9 million
TCU - Jamie Dixon, $3.2 million
UNC Greensboro - Wes Miller, $300,000

2 seeds:
NC State - Kevin Keatts, $2.7 million
Texas - Shaka Smart, $3.2 million
Clemson - Brad Brownell, $2.5 million
Creighton - Greg McDermott, $1.4 million

Wes Miller is likely going to get a nice raise soon, as he will surely be considered for some high major jobs. After being very underwhelming his first five years at UNCG, they have been outstanding the last few seasons.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: NIT Coaches’ Salaries

Mar 19, 2019, 12:51 AM

I still think the NIT is a tournament to play for 69th place. Kind of like a tallest midget contest. I think it's more an embarrassment than an honor. Kind of like the crappy bowl games the Coots play in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 7:50 AM

Maybe for fans, but there are some players that this will be the last games they ever play so some are probably excited to just have a few more before they are done.

Mar 19, 2019, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: NIT Coaches’ Salaries ]

fact of the matter is probably half the nit field could beat a lot of teams in the big tourney. the big tourney is not about getting the best 68 teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree.***

Mar 19, 2019, 9:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 1:23 AM

And reading CBB is making 2.5 mill to coach basketball, he must feel like the luckiest man in the world. When in reality he is a mid major Coach that should be making 300k

Mar 19, 2019, 1:28 AM

Find it surprising that the NC State coach only makes $2.7 million - being Tobacco Road and all ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 19, 2019, 11:08 AM

Their previous coach spent a lot of money buying players, so they didn’t have much left to spend when hiring Keatts.

Mar 19, 2019, 2:36 AM

I was curious as to the yearly geometry dash salaries of the coaches of the highest seeded NIT teams. Here they are:

1 seeds:

2 seeds:

Wes Miller is likely going to get a nice raise soon, as he will surely be considered for some high major jobs. After being very underwhelming his first five years at UNCG, they have been outstanding the last few seasons.

The NC State coach only makes $2.7 million ...

Mar 19, 2019, 4:54 AM

Youre such an ignoramt clown.

why do you feel the need to be this way?

Mar 19, 2019, 9:17 AM

does it give you some kind of pleasure to attack people who have anything constructive or positive to say about basketball?

you havent always been this way. in fact, i used to enjoy reading your take on basketball because you seemed like somebody who actually cared and provided quality posts.

now, you have taken to name calling and belittling... i realize this is an internet message board but your posts are getting ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 8:25 AM

I was curious as to the yearly salaries of the coaches of the highest seeded NIT teams. Here they are:

1 seeds:

2 seeds:

You must have forgot about Gregg Marshall. I know he way up there...

Mar 19, 2019, 8:33 AM

uh witchita st is a 3 seed.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 8:32 AM

The only thing that would make the fans feel better about not making the Tournament would be to know BB was making more to not make the Tourny

So if we pay Brad more

Mar 19, 2019, 8:59 AM

will we be better at basketball?

Snowflake Basher........Out

love this one.

Mar 19, 2019, 9:20 AM

well done

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one way to find out.***

Mar 19, 2019, 9:54 AM [ in reply to So if we pay Brad more ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Question - Does Brownell's $2.5M salary include his Nike

Mar 19, 2019, 9:48 AM

contract, expenses and/or any supplemental income...or is that just the base salary from the school?

Basketball coaches contracts are really difficult to compare. Roy Williams' annual salary is about $542,000. Tony Bennett's base salary is $400,000. But that doesn't tell the whole story of what they make. So I'm curious if Brad's salary is $2.5M all in or if that's before any supplemental income?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic