Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More SEC Myths
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

More SEC Myths

Sep 18, 2019, 3:28 PM

I am not saying the SEC is a bad conference. It's good. But sometimes it (and its media buddies) inundate us with SEC Mythology.

Watched a program on last week's Florida/Kentucky game. A mini-documentary on the game.

The docu-announcer said, "When you're in the SEC - you have to bring it every week!" Meaning what? Other conferences DON'T "bring it" every week? Of course they do. So far this year, the SEC - altogether - has lost 12 games. Of those 12 losses, only 4 have been to other SEC teams: UK lost to FL; Scar lost to Bama; Ole Miss lost to ARK; Vandy lost to UGA.

Now the other losses: Mizzou lost to Wyoming of the Mt West; Scar's other loss was to UNC (ACC); Tenn lost to (Indy) BYU & GaSt of the Sunbelt;

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More SEC Myths (...continued)

Sep 18, 2019, 3:34 PM

Sorry - fingers messed me up...

Vandy's other loss was to Purdue (Big 10); Ole Miss lost to Memphis (Amer.Ath.); MissSt lost to KanSt (Big 12); A&M lost to CU (ACC).

So HAS the SEC "brought it" every week, or are a bunch of other conferences bringing it too.

(Sorry for divided post)

Sep 18, 2019, 3:48 PM

I suspect they only "bring it" when playing other SEC teams.

Otherwise, it would seem that you're onto something. :)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: More SEC Myths (...continued) ]

I think when he said “you have to bring it” he may have been talking about a pillow, or rollaway bed. those games can be incredibly taxing on your stamina

Sep 18, 2019, 4:18 PM [ in reply to Re: More SEC Myths (...continued) ]

I think when he said “you have to bring it” he may have been talking about a pillow, or rollaway bed. those games can be incredibly taxing on your stamina

Self aggrandizing nonsense

Sep 18, 2019, 3:45 PM

I agree with you.

Fans from other conferences are sick and tired of that kind "mythological" SEC superiority talk.

Their on-field product simply doesn't support that sort of self-aggrandizing nonsense.

That sort of gibberish is the reason I never watch SEC football games on CBS or the SEC Network.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More SEC Myths

Sep 18, 2019, 3:50 PM

And they have two teams in the conference that confirm the myth: Mythissippi and Mythissippi State.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 3:56 PM

Doggone it Joe21 - you might be approaching 98 - but you are STILL razor sharp!!

Sep 18, 2019, 7:04 PM

They have a brand to sell and they are committed to it. Yes the ACC is not impressive as a conference at present, but there are some teams that are more physical than they use to be (even if they are not a good team). NC State, Pitt, and Cuse come to mind.

Sep 18, 2019, 4:20 PM

We need a pithy mantra like, "The ACC, it means even more to us than it does to the SEC. At least in Basketball."

My favorite SEC adjective is "SEC STADIUM!"

Sep 18, 2019, 4:36 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Another example of an "SEC Stadium"

Sep 18, 2019, 5:47 PM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic