Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More Canterbury Tales
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,502

More Canterbury Tales

Jun 16, 2019, 3:56 PM

One or two of you may remember a post I made in late summer 2018 re a Tiger Paw tale in Canterbury, England. I made another post a short time later that within 24 hours of my leaving a Tiger Paw at the Dolphin Restaurant, a Clemson Tiger fan saw the Paw and got a free beer. I had a recent post about this incident appearing in the most recent issue of Clemson World.

Last night, when I returned from a wedding and checked my email messages, there were many Facebook posts re the article in Clemson World. One of my grandsons had posted a message and photo of the article and I had received several responses and even more today from family members and friends.

Here is the post by my grandson---

"When I was a kid I remember my grandfather, Joe21, spreading Clemson Paws all over China, Korea and Pakistan, and giving Princess Diana's brother Charles, the 8th. Earl Spencer, Tiger Rags for his two twin daughters, when we were at Althorp*. When my parents told me the story when they went to England last year, I could only laugh. He is a very proud Tiger and I am glad that at age 97 he is still going to all of the football games and seeing the best years in the program's history. He is a wonderful ambassador for Clemson".

Here are a few of those responses ----

From Chicago---- "He put a Tiger Paw on my wedding dress".

Another from Chicago--- "How cute, We love finding Uncle Joe's Tiger Paws".

From Atlanta---"We have one in our wallet from your wedding". (My Grandson's wedding)

From Grandson's friend ---"Papa Joe is unrivaled".

From a family friend ----"I loved him telling me this story".

*Althorp was Lady Di's home and the location of her burial. Many, many years ago some of ancestors owned what is now Althorp. One married a Spencer lady and the property descended down the Spencer line.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hsppy Father's Day, Joe

Jun 16, 2019, 10:55 PM

from all of us on T'net, and from all of us in the real world (speaking only for myself, mind you!)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,502
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic