Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Minnesota
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,314

Minnesota

Nov 12, 2019, 7:22 PM

Beats Fresno by 3 in ot, beats SD state by 7,beats Ga So by 3, and Purdue by 7 and they are a top team!!!!!! Our own PITT came very close to beating the over rated PSU. Clowns

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Minnesota

Nov 12, 2019, 7:28 PM

Start of the season was rough... we had no expectations up here in MN to start the year. But they have played well the last 4-5 games... they were up more in the Purdue game, that game was never in doubt. All this being said MN has no chance against anyone currently in the top 5. It’s fun up here in Minneapolis but not playoff level fun.

Nov 12, 2019, 7:37 PM

I would like to see the strength of schedule program rerun wiith the ACC ranked in order where the SEC teams were preseason and vice versa. Same with the B1G preTENd!

That would be an interesting excercise.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 9:50 PM

Which ACC teams would you like to have seen start in the top 25?

Which SEC teams currently in the top 25 do you think wouldn’t be there had they not started in the top 25? OOC Auburn has a win over top 10 Oregon. Florida has a win over a Miami team that has beaten UVA, Louisville, and Pitt. LSU won on the road against Texas. Alabama blew out Duke, and Georgia beat ND. Say what you want about ND, but they’ve beaten every ACC team they’ve played this year.

Syracuse started the year ranked but lost by 43 points to a terrible Maryland team. BC was in the other receiving votes category but lost to Kansas. UVA, VT, and Louisville all had a chance to prove they belonged against ND, and all 3 came up short. UVA and VT both lost by more than 2 touchdowns.

I could keep going, but acting as if the only difference between the two conferences is the preseason rankings is simply ignoring reality.

Fair enough

Nov 12, 2019, 9:59 PM

I think we're all just fed up with the constant narrative of SEC greatness. Clemson's schedule being used to devalue the Tigers is actually working to our advantage, however, in every way except getting to play in Atl.

I love when they give us reason to feel disrespected.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Fair enough

Nov 12, 2019, 10:39 PM

Well the SEC is the best conference.

Maybe the "best conference" but definitely

Nov 12, 2019, 11:21 PM

NOT the juggernaut the sports media makes them out to be. There are two or three legit teams in the conference. The rest is garbage just like any other conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Nov 13, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota ]

"UVA and VT both lost by more than 2 touchdowns. " - just for clarification, VT lost by 1 point, and ND had to score in the final minute for a comeback win at HOME. VT owned ND the entire game IMO.

Nov 13, 2019, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota ]

I think that it would be an interesting exercise, but try it with the PAC 12 instead. I'll agree with others that I don't even know who you would use with the ACC.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota ]

I enjoyed watching them beat Penn State. Minnesota is maybe the best story of the season. Enjoy the ride!

Nov 12, 2019, 7:39 PM

Where should they be ranked and who should be ahead of them?

Nov 12, 2019, 7:41 PM

Minn. likely will not finish in the top fifteen.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:24 PM

Cool, but who should be ranked ahead of them? According to the consensus on this site every team is over-rated and trash. Someone has to be the 8th place team. Who should be ahead of them? Penn State? Florida? Auburn? Michigan? Notre Dame? Baylor? These are teams that everyone on here says are overrated. I can see a case for Oklahoma, but that’s it.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota ]

I had doubts regarding Minnesota myself, but they have been playing good the past few weeks. If they do get past #18 Iowa this weekend, then I can see them going into the BIG 10 championship game unbeaten. I dont see Wisconsin being able to beat them. Iowa has the best shot remaining imo.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota ]

I'd take that bet for $100. They'll likely go 11-1 in the regular season

Iowa is currently favored by 2

Nov 12, 2019, 10:23 PM

That game is probably 50/50 at best for Minnesota. Iowa is not an easy place for highly ranked teams to play and a team like Minnesota going on the road a week after getting a massive win at home is ripe for a let down performance.

Iowa getting the home 3 pt. push... It should be a good game

Nov 13, 2019, 9:28 AM

One thing not being mentioned very often is the right side of MN's OLine... Getting a third-and-1 behind those guys has a good probability...6'-5", 370# and 6'-9", 400# is a nice wall to run behind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2019, 9:33 PM

They lose this week. It was a fun while it lasted. That's what she said

Nov 12, 2019, 9:37 PM

I'll put money on that. Minnesota will win this weekend.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Minnesota ]

At Iowa, let down game for young program. Coach better bring his game. I think they’ll win because Iowa has zero offense, but it will be close at times.

They are an undefeated power 5 team.

Nov 12, 2019, 9:41 PM

I think it’s ridiculous for any one loss team to be ranked ahead of them.

I agree that they are unlikely to be one of the four best teams, but at this point, they are undefeated and that should be valued.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: They are an undefeated power 5 team.

Nov 13, 2019, 9:24 AM

I seldom agree with Judge, but I agree about undefeated teams. Until someone manages to beat your team, then you should be ahead of those 1-loss or 2-loss teams, even if it's Bama or UGA or UF. Otherwise, your bias is showing and you are making assumptions that those teams are better than the undefeated ones without any proof. The CFP bias is showing, and it reeks.

Nov 12, 2019, 10:41 PM

Don't toss Minnesota aside and assume it's all downhill from here.

If focused, they should win at Iowa this weekend. Northwestern will be a cakewalk.

Last game of the season against Wisconsin is a must-watch if they are 11-0.

But, they BEAT every one of the teams put in front of them

Nov 12, 2019, 10:41 PM

so far. They may keep doing it. Time will tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget, in our 1981 Natty season, we beat

Nov 13, 2019, 9:16 AM

TULANE 13-5.

That game was actually closer scorewise than the Jawja game, which we won 13-3. And, of course it had no relevance, but Jawja was the reigning, defending National Champions. We would be their only regular season loss. The SEC was just another conference back then.

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,314
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic