Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mikey Dukes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Mikey Dukes

Aug 21, 2019, 1:15 PM

Seems like he gets mentioned a lot from practice reports, interviews, etc. Sounds like he could be an asset on kickoff or punt return. It also sounds like he could be our best pass catching RB. I know a small minority wished we had taken a 4-5* RB last year, but sounds like the coaches found a good one in Dukes. I'm excited to see him the next few years. I heard the comparison of Andre Ellington thrown around and if he compares to Ellington then I think we will all be happy!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mikey Dukes

Aug 21, 2019, 1:18 PM

Ialways felt AE was underappreciated because he followed CJ. AE was a very good back for us. His NFL years prove that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AE

Aug 21, 2019, 1:31 PM

seemed to always have a nagging injury while at Clemson. If he was healthy then I don't think he would seem as underappreciated.

those runs against Auburn at the Chick Fil A kickoff in 2012 (?) was electric!

Re: CJ

Aug 21, 2019, 2:51 PM

Had that turf toe too if I'm remembering right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I trust our coaching staff to pick jewels. Look no further

Aug 21, 2019, 1:20 PM

than ETN. I had honestly never heard of him until we plucked him as a consolation prize after losing out on the "highly rated" RB who chose another school. I'd say he has worked out pretty well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I turst our coaching staff to pick jewels. Look no further

Aug 21, 2019, 1:24 PM

Don't forget we were tipped off by Bama because they didn't want LSU to get him.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I turst our coaching staff to pick jewels. Look no further

Aug 21, 2019, 3:20 PM

Loved how the ET referral bit Nicky in the backside

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

absolutely

Aug 21, 2019, 1:25 PM [ in reply to I trust our coaching staff to pick jewels. Look no further ]

I remember the coaches talking about ETN during camp and I was like he sounds like he'll be really good in a few years....I never imagined how electric he would be day 1.

Dukes might not be ETN (but who is) but I get the feeling he'll be a good take for us.

Our coaches don't waste scholarships, and they do as

Aug 21, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I trust our coaching staff to pick jewels. Look no further ]

good of a job as anybody at evaluating talent - star ratings be danged. As you mention, ETN is a great example; NOBODY expected him to be the best RB in the ACC at any point, or in the Heisman conversation, but our coaches recognized potential when they saw it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Ridardson is coming to DV this year

Aug 21, 2019, 4:07 PM [ in reply to I trust our coaching staff to pick jewels. Look no further ]

he plays for A&M now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2019, 1:32 PM

I believe the coaches had every intention of letting Dukes play a little and redshirting him when he showed up.

I'm not sure if Dukes is going to let that happen. It will be very interesting to see.

There are always a couple of freshmen who get a ton of camp hype and then see the field very little because of how the depth chart looks in front of them.

Unless there are injuries, I think Dukes has to pass Rencher on the depth chart to avoid of redshirt.

Otherwise, I think we see Dukes and Mellusi in their 4 games and we try to get an extra year out of each of them.

Aug 21, 2019, 1:44 PM

I doubt both Dukes and Mellusi are red-shirted regardless of who is 3rd during.

Aug 21, 2019, 2:04 PM

It may not be highly likely but last year there was only Dixon to come in and get "freshman" snaps. Once he proved that he was getting 8 yds per carry then he kept playing more.

This year those "freshman" snaps can be split between two guys. If each plays in 4, that is a bunch of snaps to give to a 4th/5th string back.

It sure would be a shame for either or both of them to play only 5 or 6 games as a garbage time back.

IMO if they are close to that then they will be held to only 4 games and take the redshirt.

If either of them are popping off runs like Dixon was then they won't be sitting at 4th string for the whole season.

I know Rencher knows the offense and the coaches trust him, but I don't think his ceiling is very high.

Aug 21, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Mikey Dukes ]

Not with the RB's we have coming in next year. One may end up redshirting but both highly unlikely.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can see that

Aug 21, 2019, 4:02 PM

As much as live rounds/pass pro matter at Clemson and how we will need their this year's experience to have a more prepared backfield heading in next season.

I can see that

Aug 21, 2019, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Mikey Dukes ]

As much as live rounds/pass pro matter at Clemson and how we will need their this year's experience to have a more prepared backfield heading in next season.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic