Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lots of DW4 love in this ESPN article.. good read
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Lots of DW4 love in this ESPN article.. good read

Jun 21, 2018, 3:28 AM

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/23853008/fantasy-football-why-deshaun-watson-no-1-qb-fantasy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Lots of DW4 love in this ESPN article.. good read

Jun 21, 2018, 6:22 AM

+1, it was a good read, and it just caused me to miss him more. I love college sports, and as far as following sports on a daily basis, Clemson sports is it for me. With that being said, I truly wish that it was so that college players had to complete their 4 years of eligibility before they move on to pro sports. I do believe that the fans that follow their favorite college in sports and are die hard fans of the players that play for us, I think we do deserve to see them play out their 4 full year in college. I don't think that would be asking to much bc the fans of the pro teams get to watch their favorite players for years, and for most through out their entire pro sport careers. For those that are going to defend them leaving college early bc of the risk of injury, there are insurance policies to protect them in case that happens, and those that do collect from those policies, the bright side is they won't have to get their entire body beat up over the years of NFL abuse... And they can use their college education to build a career with more than enough money to get them started in a lucrative career that won't destroy their bodies in 5 to 10 years!!! I personally hate hearing how much pain those Top NFL live through daily after their NFL days are over. I would have rather seen DW4 play 4 full years at Clemson and have a great life after Clemson, over hearing one day that he had to retire from the NFL bc he had been beat on for to long in the NFL!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 9:03 AM

I agree with you on that, but we both know it's never gonna happen. It's all about the Benjamins now. I'd love to see rookie pro players have a capped salary, but with basically unlimited incentive in the contract. Too many guys get in the NFL and, for a variety of reasons, never pan out. Not hard to imagine when you figure that so many of these 21-22 year olds suddenly had millions of dollars deposited in their bank accounts. Give them a flat salary - $250,000 (still pretty dang good for a 22 year old!) but let them have all the incentives they can come up with. Give them some, you know, incentives, to perform. Like yours, a great idea (I think, anyway!), but will never happen.

Sure would make college ball a lot more fun to have these guys for 4 years. Seems like Renfrow has been here forever, for example, with so many guys before him leaving early!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good article

Jun 21, 2018, 9:46 AM

Enjoyed it. I play fantasy football every year, and I had DW4 on my team last year. I was heartbroken when he tore his ACL, and not because he was on my fantasy team but because I have been wanting a Clemson QB to be successful in the NFL forever. So I'm hoping this guy's analysis is accurate, and DW4 is awesome again this year.

My only issue is do I try to get him on my team. I'm not into superstitions, but I have a bad track record of getting Clemson guys on my team only to have them get injured...probably just coincidence. I have had Nuk on my team the last few years, and I like to think he broke "the curse" for me.

Jun 21, 2018, 9:49 AM

I think that he has the potential to be the number one quarter back in "reality" and not just in "fantasy".

:)

Good article though.

I think he's a high risk / high reward guy to take #1 this

Jun 21, 2018, 10:23 AM

year. If he plays like he did last year for an entire season he's easily going to be the #1 fantasy QB. Buuuuut he only played 6 games last season so there's definitely potential for some regression in year 2. Six games was hardly enough for the proverbial "book" to get out on Watson. Teams have not had an entire off season to watch his film.

Good Read

Jun 21, 2018, 11:01 AM

It is very refreshing to read an article that is optimistic about any player returning from a serious injury. Even more so when it is about a former Tiger. Agree with the comment above that reading the article makes me miss seeing DW4 in Clemson Orange & White on Fall Saturdays. Hopefully, Lawrence will ease some of that this fall. Best of luck to Watson with the Texans and to all of our Tigers in the NFL this fall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!!

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic