Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing has its perks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Losing has its perks

May 27, 2018, 9:13 AM

An extra day of rest is always good. It also should light a fire in our guys. It is great to be on top and have confidence but sometimes it is good to have a reminder of what an L taste like. Especially coming right before the post season when losing really matters.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ when fact is stranger than fiction..

May 27, 2018, 9:20 AM

plus getting your manager tossed at the right time... I got the good feelins about the team headed to Regionals.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^ when fact is stranger than fiction..

May 27, 2018, 9:25 AM

Losing never feels good but I am with you. I have a great feeling as well. We probably will not see a team as good as FSU till Omaha.

May 27, 2018, 12:02 PM

Have you seen the 2 seeds they send to Clemson? I guarantee we will play a team as good as if not better than fsu by the supers

May 27, 2018, 2:05 PM

FSU is a top 10 team dude. No doubt we will play good teams but they could possible be a national seed.

We get to do like Alabama did in football

May 27, 2018, 9:27 AM

Not win the conference championship or even play in
the championship game and still get a national seed
and get some extra rest time. At least we won our
division. Man these sour grapes taste good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We get to do like Alabama did in football

May 27, 2018, 9:28 AM

Let's go get it!

Re: We get to do like Alabama did in football

May 27, 2018, 10:29 AM [ in reply to We get to do like Alabama did in football ]

Just sprinkle a little salt on them, and they taste much better!!!;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it helped ALA. last year no playing in SEC title game

May 27, 2018, 9:33 AM

in football

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing has its perks

May 27, 2018, 9:37 AM

I think you just made me feel good about losing yesterday! Thank you and Happy Memorial Day to all our Clemson Family!

May 27, 2018, 9:44 AM

Not unlike losing in the ACC BKB tourney if you've already got a NCAA bid wrapped up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 11:58 AM

For crying out loud, you're talking about a day of extra rest time? 1 day? These are college athletes lol
Not 1 player on the team would be excited about an extra day of rest compared to playing for a title.
You're right about dealing with the pain of a loss like this and learning how to respond from it, but the extra day of rest? Give me a break

May 27, 2018, 12:12 PM

There is not a player on the team if asked is glad they lost and are glad for the extra rest. I am sure they would loved to have brought the trophy home and getting fitted for a ring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2018, 12:19 PM

I’m so surprised we didn’t. Looking at this Louisville pitcher I’m pretty sure last nights game was the championship. Fsu is going to bomb Louisville now

May 27, 2018, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Losing has its perks ]

Nobody is happy that we lost dummie. An extra day of rest can make a difference tho and you are not very bright if you disagree. It is good to have a break or a day off to regroup especially towards the end of the year.

May 27, 2018, 3:19 PM

There's no need to start the name calling.
I can assure you winning yesterday and today would be bigger for this team having that momentum than having an extra day of rest.
I agree that an extra day of rest is better than not having one but how important is that really? Not a big difference between 5 or 6 days off. Any pitcher that would'vev thrown today would still be well rested come friday and ready to go. After we win a regional next weekend, not one person (other than you) will say it's because we had an extra day of rest lol
I think the overall message of your post is a good one though. It's good to find the postive in a loss. I do the same. I find it positive that Ryley Gilliam once again showed the ability to throw a lot of pitches when needed and he also showed he can get out of a huge jam like he did. Cromwell still plays great defense at third. Williams had 3 hits. Just struggled overall to get big hits and we know that's going to happen. We just need to have that ace performance from our pitching on that day when it happens next. More than likely the winners bracket game vs our 2 seed whoever it may be will have a really good pitcher that will limit us. That will be the day Crawford/Higginbotham need to be on

And three, we don't have worry about any of our players

May 27, 2018, 1:56 PM

getting injured in a victory celebration or pulling a muscle lifting a trophy!

May 27, 2018, 3:24 PM

Well if we got to lose one in the postseason I rather lose in the ACC tournament.
Let them learn from it and get it out their systems.
It’s time to stop all the playing and get serious about getting out of their own regional.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic