Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lawrence needs to take Vic Beasley’s advice...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Lawrence needs to take Vic Beasley’s advice...

Oct 6, 2018, 11:48 PM

Put peanut butter on everything and EAT! Would like to see him at 240-250 at his size.

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Vic-Beasley-NFL-Combine-success-fueled-bypeanut-butter-13554

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Peanut Butter Jelly Time!!!!!

Oct 7, 2018, 12:02 AM

Does wonders for me!!!!

Re: Lawrence needs to take Vic Beasley’s advice...

Oct 7, 2018, 5:11 AM

Pretty sure that was a joke article. Peanut butter is filled with cholesterol, which is the building block of something else that makes you gain rapid muscle mass.

Oct 7, 2018, 8:49 AM

Peanut butter has zero cholesterol. All plant items have zero cholesterol, it's a compound limited to animal tissue.

Oct 8, 2018, 7:09 AM

I was wondering where he got his info

Oct 7, 2018, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence needs to take Vic Beasley’s advice... ]

Uh nope. Only animal fat has cholesterol!

I’m confused...is the article a joke?

Oct 8, 2018, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Lawrence needs to take Vic Beasley’s advice... ]

Or your expertise on peanut butter and cholesterol???

Uh, no.

Oct 7, 2018, 5:52 AM

He doesn't need weight like Vic. Vic needed bulk and raw strength hurry. His skills were in speed and brute power. Trevor needs slowly gained bulk so his muscle memory won't have radical changes. That will throw off the vertical and horizontal locations of his passes.

Did you notice him dropping the ball behind him in his windup? That's because the muscles which determine his grip strength are changing too radically. The concept behind dropping his hand that far is complicated but nothing pleases me more than sharing my learning while studying baseball mechanics.

A pitcher wants his wrist limp so when his arm brings the ball above his head the hand will be leaning toward the rear. That makes it possible to snap the wrist forward and add velocity to the ball. If the hand is clenched the wrist will not snap it will be nothing more than an extension of the forearm. I don't know how much power is generated by a snapping wrist but if you will notice ever pro baseball pitcher will show that limp wrist after his hand leaves the glove during the windup. There's a hail of a lot more in the shoulder, arm, wrist and hand assembly in a windup. If you have other concerns I'll be happy to explain the little I understand.

The concept to maximize the power transferred to a ball by the wrist is to keep the hand relaxed to the point of dropping the ball. That fine line between barely holding onto the ball and dropping it is a function of muscle memory. As the muscles get stronger they must 'relearn,' to remember to barely hold on to the ball. It sound easy but no everybody gets every ounce of potential power on ever throw.

He needs to work out and develop slowly so he can continue to max the power and control over a football. He's a pitcher not a thrower. He's a surgeon not a butcher. He's a quarterback, not a running back.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Analysis

Oct 7, 2018, 7:05 AM

Paralysis has set in. Crikey!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, no.

Oct 7, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Uh, no. ]

Interesting explanation. I've always wondered about the way DW4 drops his wrist back when throwing. Looks dangerously predisposed to dropping the ball.

This is totally wrong...

Oct 8, 2018, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Uh, no. ]

The terminal velocity of a ball moving forward is compounded by the centripetal force of forward motion. The inertia of the distal radius upon rotation will greatly exgerate that of the ulnar as the ball and socket has limited flexion in a football throwing motion. Don’t even get me started on how a pitcher and quarterback’s motion are totally different. One utilizes a centered-mass explosiveness, the other a recoil/outward sling motion.

Combine that with exertional force needed between the core’s rectus abdominus and any posterior, lateral or anterior extensions and the common factor needed to maintain that magnitude of leverage is mass...muscle mass to be exact. So it is greatly necessary to increase centralized fast and slow twitch fiber mass throughout Trevor’s trunk region for optimal ball velocity and ultimate hardbodiness. An ‘eight pack’ is ideal but most would settle for a six pack as those are generally deemed sexy as well.

As a general rule, you need to be about four times as heavy as your height in inches which would place Trevor around the 312 lb mark. This may be a bit much at his position so taking that into account, I’d naturally limit the peanut butter consumption to around three pb & j’s a day. That should put him right around 240-250 within a few months. That’s IF he gets the peanut butter with heavy cholesterol and androgen promoting factors as Pedo_Tiger was alluding to.

If you have any further questions I’d be happy to discuss this with you but know that my research on this topic has been exhaustive and I get bored rather quickly.

Re: This is totally wrong...

Oct 8, 2018, 1:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is totally wrong...

Oct 8, 2018, 6:58 AM [ in reply to This is totally wrong... ]

Personally I think both of you are full of peanut butter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, no.

Oct 8, 2018, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Uh, no. ]

Yeah but the Braves still won last night!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic