Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last Big Thursday Game Ball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Last Big Thursday Game Ball

Nov 15, 2018, 5:26 PM

I mentioned this story in another post back a few weeks ago. My father, Class of ‘60, was at the last “Big Thursday” game and caught this ball when it went off the side of the Clemson punter’s foot and into the stands. The ball was initially deflected into the lower seats and went up to where my Dad was sitting. Being 6’7”, Dad was able to reach up and catch the ball amongst all of the other raised hands and he then quickly wrapped the ball up in his rain coat and placed it under his seat. Not long after, the highway patrol came up into the stands in search of the ball but eventually gave up as everyone acted like they had not seen anything. After the game, Dad had many of the students around him sign the ball with a ballpoint pen, these signatures have since worn off. This ball was proudly displayed in our den for many years.

The post that I responded to with this story back a few weeks ago had photos of the game attached, one close up of a Carolina player running with the ball, that could be Dad’s football.

Dad has decided to sell the ball and has placed it on E Bay, Item ID: 153261358381. That’s all I’ve got to say about that!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last Big Thursday Game Ball

Nov 15, 2018, 6:21 PM

I've got the game ball from our win over Virginia in the 1966 season opener. I had the ball signed by all of the tiger team members. I cherish this ball & would never think of selling it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic