Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lamar,Feaster, Mcmichael,Smith, Giella,and Galloway
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Lamar,Feaster, Mcmichael,Smith, Giella,and Galloway

Jul 21, 2019, 7:38 AM

6 players that are now off this years roster due to various circumstances. 2 of these were 5 star recruits when they signed, just speaks volumes of the amount of talent and depth we have. 10 years ago losing this many guys would have really hurt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having all these folks on the roster would

Jul 21, 2019, 7:56 AM

undoubtedly have made this strong team even stronger....but you're absolutely correct.....the fact that missing these folks won't cause a huge void because of high quality bench strength lends testament to just how strong a squad Clemson's staff has recruited and developed.

Laissez les bon temps roulez!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Having all these folks on the roster would

Jul 21, 2019, 11:36 AM

As we watched the Tide Roll away.

Re: Lamar,Feaster, Mcmichael,Smith, Giella,and Galloway

Jul 21, 2019, 8:18 AM

Imo Lamar and Galloway hurt us the most. Still can’t understand McMichael-2 on depth chart with the best coaches in the game??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 9:00 AM

McMichael is behind Kendrick already, but with Andrew Booth coming in this year maybe he thought he might stay behind those two for the rest of his career. At UNC, he will be a star.

IDK if we had any 5* 10 years ago??***

Jul 21, 2019, 9:00 AM

Re: IDK if we had any 5* 10 years ago??***

Jul 21, 2019, 10:05 AM

Da’Quan Bowers was no. 1 in ‘08 class per ESPN, I believe they mostly started coming in the ‘11 class.

Jul 21, 2019, 8:31 PM [ in reply to IDK if we had any 5* 10 years ago??*** ]

https://247sports.com/Player/Tajh-Boyd-5469/high-school-37306/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jul 21, 2019, 8:34 PM [ in reply to IDK if we had any 5* 10 years ago??*** ]

https://247sports.com/Player/CJ-Spiller-24875/high-school-40054/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jul 21, 2019, 9:05 AM

Lamar and Galloway hurt the most. Lamar and Smith likely would have started at LB, but it's also a position we have plenty of talent/depth so it's not a killer. Galloway really hurt because of our slim TE depth and the fact that he would have started.

Feaster, Geilla, and McMichael hurt our depth a little bit, but they were all in the process of being passed by younger players on the depth chart.

I really dislike the transfer portal. But, our depth had reached a point where players who start and backup are like 1.) and 1a). ...so the drop off is very minimal. Our backups are good enough to start. If the same thing happened at another school it would doom the position group for the season...not Clemson.

With the exception of Lamar and Galloway, everybody else was out-recruited (I include Smith in that group because he never started and it wasn't guaranteed that he would this season either).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 10:59 AM

Agree, and barring an improbable string of injuries at a single position; it's not a bad problem to have. Expect the same next year, also not that confident of the talent level of LB core, but it'll do. Shaq Smith will likely go down as a miss.

Jul 21, 2019, 11:14 AM

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank here, which Lamar are you referring to? My old brain can only think of Tre and he's in the NFL. I need to buy a vowel.

Jul 21, 2019, 11:39 AM

I was guessing Tre Lamar, as I think he was a JR last year and left early for the NFL. I'm probably wrong though.

Jul 21, 2019, 11:40 AM

Yes I was referring to Tre who declared early but went undrafted.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic