Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Justyn Ross
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Justyn Ross

Jun 20, 2018, 1:18 PM

do you expect he will contribute this year? Maybe comparable to Higgins and Rodgers' playing time last year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I think it depends on who's at QB ...

Jun 20, 2018, 1:20 PM

KB = run first offense
TL = pass first offense

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it depends on who's at QB ...

Jun 20, 2018, 1:23 PM

Yep, I agree with this sentiment. If it's KB as QB for the full season, I think we'll see Ross redshirt since we won't be throwing the football much...

...please god, don't let that happen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not going to redshirt. Unless he gets injured at least. Too much talent!

Jun 20, 2018, 2:51 PM

Justyn Ross was a huge pickup for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it depends on who's at QB ... ]

Please be Lawrence because Bryant can’t throw the ball.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:58 PM

#okdummy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jun 20, 2018, 1:23 PM [ in reply to I think it depends on who's at QB ... ]

Don't sleep on TL's running ability. He's pretty fast in his own right.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 1:31 PM

I don't think anyone is. I'm sure when he needs to run he will be good. Hopefully that need is a lot less often than KB's want

That doesn't mean anybody is sleeping on his running ability

Jun 20, 2018, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it depends on who's at QB ... ]

TL can move for sure. But make no mistake, he is absolutely a "past first and run when needed" guy and KB is a true "running" QB who will have designed runs mixed in

He is, but he's not physically ready to carry the ball 15+

Jun 20, 2018, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: I think it depends on who's at QB ... ]

times.

Yep

Jun 20, 2018, 1:32 PM [ in reply to I think it depends on who's at QB ... ]

He'll be wasted if TL isn't the QB, just like Tee was.

I don't think it's that simple. Against most of our schedule

Jun 20, 2018, 5:09 PM [ in reply to I think it depends on who's at QB ... ]

TL will also run a run first offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Justyn Ross

Jun 20, 2018, 1:26 PM

That's probably about right. Coming in he's going to be 4th at the 9 position behind Higgins, Thompson, and Overton. I'd expect them to all get a good amount of run though. The receiver that I'm feeling may see the field the least is Chase. If we're not putting teams away it becomes hard to take Renfrow off the field. If we take care of business and bury teams early when we can I'd expect all of them to get some good reps.

Jun 20, 2018, 1:29 PM

Putting teams away this season I don't think is going to be a problem. Dabo plays a lot of guys even when the outcome is still in doubt. Don't think ur gonna redshirt a 5-star WR.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 20, 2018, 1:33 PM

I think he will get plenty of PT and reps if TL is slinging it around. I also think our 2nd and 3rd string guys will get a bunch of reps too. Chase Brice will be slinging it around too.

All up to ross.. dabo said he will play the best players***

Jun 20, 2018, 1:47 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jun 20, 2018, 1:55 PM

Saw him up close running a drill station at the Swinney Youth Camp and he is full grown, much thicker than Tee already. He will be a stud from day 1 if he can learn some packages and plays. He will high point it and fight for it like Tee and Big Mike. That was something I just never saw Deon do.

Jun 20, 2018, 7:53 PM

This guy has NFL size and explosiveness right out of the box. If he works hard and learns fast he could get on the field.

Possible RS now that he could play in some games?

Jun 20, 2018, 1:57 PM

Not too far fetched, considering how deep we are at his position. I don't think he gives us anything at the 9 that we don't already have in Higgins/Overton...

I’d say a red shirt is improbable

Jun 20, 2018, 2:50 PM

Even wasteful
Ross is a 3 year guy unless he decides otherwise or injury, god forbid
A redshirt in his case would be closer to burning a year of availability

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Jun 20, 2018, 2:06 PM

I've been told that someone was asked who is the best receiver on the team...They said hes not on campus yet...This was a few months ago....No way he redshirts.

Jun 20, 2018, 2:42 PM

Don't forget about Derion Kendrick. Jeff Scott has described him as Sammy Watkins-esque in interviews with the way he moves. Embarrassment of riches at receiver that need to be utilized to their full potential this year

Jun 20, 2018, 2:35 PM

I'd have to say he gets a few plays in mop up time if KB can get us far enough ahead in some games. According to Don Munson on the radio KB is starting every game. ( I read that but didn't hear it ). If that is the truth and KB hasn't become an all world passer with an arm like HJ or TL or CB then I look for some transfers. At some point in time your play makers want to make plays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2018, 5:16 AM

I agree. We have to keep everyone involved. I am really hoping TL is the starter.

Jun 20, 2018, 2:53 PM

When we left a gimpy KB in the whole game against Syracuse, it may have cost us the game and Hunter Johnson. I have no problem listing KB as the starter at least for the beginning of Fall practice. He has earned that. However, if opposing team defenses effectively quit respecting our QB's ability to throw the mid-to-long pass, and we are losing, perhaps a change needs to occur at least for that game, regardless of how good the QB is in practice. I bet a lot of top flight wide receivers come here assuming that we will have a QB that can get the ball to them. I want them to keep assuming that. That being said, I have immense respect for Dabo and KB. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 20, 2018, 4:15 PM

Great post .

DB23

KB didn't play the whole game against Syracuse.

Jun 20, 2018, 4:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Justyn Ross ]

And before you suggest it, it think it would be ridiculous to suggest playing Cooper in that game is why Johnson transferred. Johnson fought all spring for the job, and I think it was clear Lawrence's talent would win out eventually.

Cooper got 2 quarters at that game, HJ, if he had one

Jun 20, 2018, 5:15 PM

quarter, I think we could have one that game. Cooper did squat...all year, while HJ had periods of brilliance such as 5 straight against WF and a td.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: KB didn't play the whole game against Syracuse.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:20 PM [ in reply to KB didn't play the whole game against Syracuse. ]

I stand corrected. We played ZC the whole second half, who was just as ineffective passing downfield, wasn't as good of a runner as a healthy KB, and didn't have command of the playbook as good as KB. I think that there was a chance that, given a quarter, HJ may have gone a long ways towards jumping ZC on the depth chart, and given HJ a lot of hope, but we will never know for sure. Then, KB had a very bad spring game, TL had an outstanding spring game, and HJ had very good spring game. I hope that it won't take another loss to a team that we should beat to trump seniority on the QB depth chart. I know what you are saying about HJ seeing the writing on the wall concerning TL, but playing HJ for at least a quarter vs. Syracuse may have given HJ enough hope to stay on anyway. He may have been OK being #2 behind TL knowing that an injury to TL would make him the starter. However, being #3 behind KB and TL was just too much. In the meantime, I want future WRs to feel confident that we will supply them with a QB, whoever it is, who can get the ball to them more than just dink and dunk passes. P.S.- Thanks for inferring that my opinion was "ridiculous."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jun 20, 2018, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Justyn Ross ]

Top flight receivers do not just assume we will throw the ball, they are promised it.

Just re-watched our winning Natty, and it gave me less reason to be upset with KB's Sugar Bowl performance. DW4 as a 3rd year starter had some of the same problems with Bama's D that KB did. Not that KB wasn't bad--he was--but expecting a first-year starter who holds the ball to suddenly start making good decisions isn't reasonable. The problem is that you have to beat that team with your arm, not your feet. A QB needs to use the run to set up the throw against them, or they will kill you at and behind the LoS.
Kelly's decision-making might get us through light competition but will not succeed against aggressive, physical teams.

KB will always take the turnover-avoidance route. He will tuck the ball and eat it if the receiver isn't totally uncovered, and he will keep it in the read-option when he isn't sure he should give.

If Scott and Elliott showed clips of KB's I-don't-trust-my-teammates play to recruits on the trail, they would never have signed with us.

Just sayin'. Go Tigers.

And don't forget, he can play in four games and not lose a

Jun 20, 2018, 5:10 PM

year now. He'll at least see the field in 4 games.

Re: And don't forget, he can play in four games and not lose a

Jun 20, 2018, 11:30 PM

No way Ross redshirts.

Jun 21, 2018, 9:12 AM

First, you do not redshirt a 3 and done 5* WR. I also believe Thompson ends up back as the #2 guy at the 5-man behind Renfrow, making Ross #3 at the 9-man with significant 2018 reps.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic