Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joey Batson S&C
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Joey Batson S&C

Jun 24, 2018, 11:59 AM

What did Batson and the staff change in regards to how the players lift and condition beggining in 2014 (our rise to prominence)? I know this site and especially shaking the southland were hard on Batson during the 5 loss stretch to the coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joey Batson S&C

Jun 24, 2018, 12:04 PM

They started watching Randy Savage workout videos .. and eating slim jims .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 24, 2018, 12:05 PM

Not a darn thing. And he paid no attention to Tigernet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

methinks Tiger in Cola hit the nail

Jun 24, 2018, 2:36 PM

directly on the head!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely nothing........

Jun 24, 2018, 12:16 PM

We just continued our awesome recruiting and may have even turned it up a little notch!

Jun 24, 2018, 12:52 PM

He just said that Tigers was suppose to beat up ###### A$S chickens, and that is what happen!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2018, 12:57 PM

I don't think he and the staff changed anything. I think the caliber of athlete changed.

Jun 24, 2018, 5:22 PM

I was wondering if he had a secret lift that he implemented. Something functional, of course.

Posters have told you what you don’t want to hear

Jun 24, 2018, 6:27 PM

undoubtedly. What is the answer you want??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Posters have told you what you don’t want to hear

Jun 24, 2018, 6:33 PM

Something tangible he can take back to cooterville to help them out of their pathetic softness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Posters have told you what you don’t want to hear

Jun 24, 2018, 9:03 PM

I promise I won't divulge the inside lifting information to the coots.

Our rise to being a top program actually started in 2012

Jun 24, 2018, 1:06 PM

about the time that all of Bowden’s players cycled out. That was the year we beat LSU, established ourselves as a physical team and began to slowly stake our claim among the nation’s elite.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our rise to being a top program actually started in 2012

Jun 24, 2018, 1:11 PM

Are you suggesting that some of the true fans on tnet had a negative remark to make about my Clemson Tigers?
I’ll never believe that.

GO Tigers Support Clemson. Join IPTAY

Jun 24, 2018, 2:18 PM

I realize the people I argued with on here back then went come out and play now, but as a CSCS, who actually went to school for S&C, I kept making the point that you dont serve with distinction if you dont know what you're doing. Batson does. But, you do only have 3-4 years with kids that aren't redshirting, and when recruiting is decent but not the best the kids you're redshirting are out of necessity, not because you're too deep. You cant make strides but getting a better foundation out of high school makes a huge difference. Think Tre Lamar vs. Corico Hawkins. Lamar was bigger and stronger probably as a junior in hs than Corico was when he left Clemson. Think Christian Wilkins vs most DL before 2011ish. Hes 300 plus doing splits. I do not mean this in a negative way, but it's the old saying that you cant take chicken crap and make chicken salad. A much better starting product equals a much higher end result. So many keyboard coaches on here tried to tell me I didn't know what I was talking about back then. I'm wrong about most things, but this is what I know.

Absolutely

Jun 24, 2018, 2:25 PM

Dabo brought in better players than what we were bringing in under Bowden. He also brought in guys who cared and had a better work ethic IMO. The lethargy of the Bowden era had to go. That’s why I posted above that our rise to being elite really began in 2012. 2011 was smoke and mirrors IMO. We did well but we weren’t physical enough and just flat out weren’t quite there yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Joey Batson S&C ]

As a CSCS, have there been any new inventions in weight training that we might be using? Shakin the southland said that we weren't using functional training back in 2012.

Jun 24, 2018, 5:24 PM

When Paul Hogan came in 5 years ago.

Jun 24, 2018, 5:58 PM

DING DING DING

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.mtv.com/onair/two_a_days/assets/season_2/images/flipbooks/episodes/finale/fb_10.jpg

The quantity of quality players.***

Jun 24, 2018, 5:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 24, 2018, 7:38 PM

As it's been said I think the biggest help was that our recruiting was slowly getting better and eventually we brought in full sized players. We used to bring in 6-4 260# O-linemen that needed 3 years to be big enough to play. Now they are all big enough so Batson can work on making them explosive and tough. He's done a great job.

To add to this I remember the TNET article about us going to Louisville in the last 2-3 years and David was talking to the Card's beat writer and he thought it was going to be an even match. Then they got out the elevator and walked onto the field and he saw how big our team was and immediately changes his mind. We are a daunting team to everyone not named Bama. It feel good to strike fear in the other guys as soon as they lay eyes on you.

Jun 24, 2018, 9:01 PM

It seems that everyone thinks we are just recruiting better athletes. That's probably the case. I was just curious if any inside sources knew of any special lifting or conditioning work we might be doing that is leading to all of this success.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic