Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jaron Blossingame received $1100 per FBI docs.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 4,757

Jaron Blossingame received $1100 per FBI docs.....

Feb 23, 2018, 7:04 AM

What effect will this have on Clemson? Former Cooter PJ Dozier received $6115 while in school. Many names and many schools were published in the Yahoo! story this morning. This will make for an interesting day on sports talk radio.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whoa. That must mean we were one of those 10 of the top

Feb 23, 2018, 7:08 AM

16 schools at the time to have some type of connection when it was reported earlier.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jaron Blossingame received $1100 per FBI docs.....

Feb 23, 2018, 7:15 AM

This has been underwhelming. I was really hoping they would have the good details about the big payments.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I trust you weren't one of the misguided chickens

Feb 23, 2018, 7:36 AM

who thought Bowen would actually suit up for Martin next season....and I keep reading in the media that usuck's athletic dept is "doing things the right way.".....Your compliance officer must have run screaming down the street when Bowen showed up on campus

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I trust you weren't one of the misguided chickens

Feb 23, 2018, 7:46 AM

Yeah this FBI investigation may squash that. I have no doubt the NCAA would have cleared him if this wasn't released.

I mean they didn't even punish UNC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it had already been made public during the initial

Feb 23, 2018, 7:51 AM

stages of the Louisville sinkhole that $25,000 had been paid to Bowen's dad----and thats $25,000 of a promised $100,000. Bowen said he didn't know about it, but what the heck difference can that possibly make??? His family took the dough

You may be right, though. After the unc debacle, its obvious enough money, lawyers, and PR firms can alter the correct decision in Indiannapolis

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But it had already been made public during the initial

Feb 23, 2018, 7:55 AM

The difference isn’t with Bowen it’s going to be with dozier and presumably Thornwell as well.

Banning Bowen won’t be about him, it will be about punishing us for cheating with Dozier.

Louisville messed up

Feb 23, 2018, 8:35 AM [ in reply to But it had already been made public during the initial ]

by not having a university-wide #### with strippers and hookers that was open to all students.

Then they could have used the UNC Defense.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Well...

Feb 23, 2018, 9:34 AM [ in reply to But it had already been made public during the initial ]

Cam Newton's father admitted to accepting $250,000 from an Auburn booster. Cam insisted he didn't know about it (which, per NCAA rules, doesn't matter), but Cam still got-off without so much as a slap on the wrist.

The NCAA is the epitome of selective enforcement of its own rules.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Well...

Feb 23, 2018, 10:35 AM

When did he say this?

Classof09 you are exactly right. The UNC debacle

Feb 23, 2018, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I trust you weren't one of the misguided chickens ]

Goes on without any repercussions but a $1000 payment means we might have to vacate what banners we earned while JB was here. Oh wait .... Seriously though the UNC fake classes, majors and diplomas is so much worse but this is the ACC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classof09 you are exactly right. The UNC debacle

Feb 23, 2018, 8:39 AM

UNCheat will always get a free pass!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Classof09 you are exactly right. The UNC debacle

Feb 23, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Classof09 you are exactly right. The UNC debacle ]

I Present the difference between a blue blood and us

Fake, no show, classes are apparently OK...

Feb 23, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: I trust you weren't one of the misguided chickens ]

even if they are designed for the sole purpose of keeping athletes academically eligible provided some non-student athletes get to take those same classes but, apparently providing hookers and strippers is where the NCAA draws the line.

Maybe if Louisville had made them available to some non-student athletes as well they'd have gotten off with only a mild slap on the wrist too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I also am underwhelmed. There are a handful here that need

Feb 23, 2018, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Jaron Blossingame received $1100 per FBI docs..... ]

a closer look but when you're talking about $1100 or even $6000 - my question is what was the $ used for. That literally could be plane tickets(and hotel) for the player and maybe his family(for the higher amount) to attend some workout/scouting camp. Obviously the NCSU player needs a hard look, Seton Hall guy and a few others but at some point it's just the normal secondary violations and repayment if the guy is still there. It also doesn't seem that any of this involves channeling guys to specific schools or benefiting one school over the other-- it's all seems individual. Now if you have proof coaches knew and didn't report or facilitated then obviously you have to do more as far as punishment, but other than the really large pmts, it would be hard to know it was happening.

I will say though.....this is only one agency....

Feb 23, 2018, 8:51 AM

I'm sure there is much more.

Whew! Glad some Tarholes on the list ... nuttin will happen***

Feb 23, 2018, 8:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whew! Glad some Tarholes on the list ... nuttin will happen***

Feb 23, 2018, 11:17 AM

To them. Everyone else will get nailed by the NCAA to punish UNC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

I'm glad the FBI doesn't have more important things to do***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, maybe the money came from Russia and was funneled

Feb 23, 2018, 12:42 PM

to the Trump campaign.

SPECIAL PROSECUTOR !!1!1!1!1!!11!11

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jaron Blossingame received $1100 per FBI docs.....

Feb 23, 2018, 11:30 AM

But since JB got that money from an agency, would Clemson still be punished since it wasn’t from the University?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jaron Blossingame received $1100..... Wait for it

Feb 23, 2018, 1:16 PM

We received no ‘competitive advantage’ so it’s like it never happen. Give back what banner? Now UStinkingC May have to expunge their first NCAA win in men’s B.B. in 40 years. Boohoo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 4,757
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic