Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m Way Behind, BUTT why did Hunter J leave?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I’m Way Behind, BUTT why did Hunter J leave?

Jun 20, 2018, 8:22 AM

Was the writing on the wall as far as T Law winning the QB competition?

Sirius question, I’ve been off the TNets for months.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m Way Behind, BUTT why did Hunter J leave?

Jun 20, 2018, 8:26 AM

Yes.

No one is going to say that for sure but that’s what we all think.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:29 AM

Hunter Johnson was too good to sit behind a younger qb. I don’t mean that in a way to belittle him or the way qb situation is handled. But it is the natural course of high level competition. He’s good enough to win at another school and is likely an nfl quarterback. So he needs to display his skills somewhere else. It likely means that KB was one TL was 2 or has progressed enough that he will be. HJ was not afraid of competition but in my mind made a good decision so that he could display his talent and make a career out of this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one is going to say that for sure but that’s what we all think.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:59 AM

Good choice in going to Northwestern. From what I understand, the Wildcats projected starter is recovering from an injury, so Hunter will have a much better chance of starting there. Best wishes to him.

Re: No one is going to say that for sure but that’s what we all think.

Jun 20, 2018, 9:12 AM

After he sits a year...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dunno. .still waiting for a letter from his lawyer***

Jun 20, 2018, 8:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Good thing you haven’t been on in months.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:38 AM

That means you missed the Josh Belk saga.

Wait wut??? We lost Josh Belk too.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:49 AM

At least the coots didn’t get him right???

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition.....

Jun 20, 2018, 8:39 AM

don't know if it was a lack of confidence or an inability to adjust to a Top-5 college program.

The fact that he's now going to Northwestern confirms that for me. If he's as good as many predict he is, then why is he going to a non-power like Northwestern? Again, this tells me he lacks confidence to go toe-to-toe with top college QBs. Otherwise, you'd think he be somewhere where he could get real exposure.

But who knows for sure except him?

Wow, really?

Jun 20, 2018, 8:43 AM

Congrats on being a dewsh today, and it didn't even take you until 9am!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Wow, really?

Jun 20, 2018, 12:50 PM

Congrats on being urban.

Re: Wow, really?

Jun 20, 2018, 6:09 PM

Serious question here. Why do so many Clemson fans think Urban is a bad guy?

He's not really that bad. He understands his new place in the list.

Jun 20, 2018, 6:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or he saw that he was going to expire his eligibility

Jun 20, 2018, 8:44 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

Before he got a chance to start so he wanted to go somewhere closer to home, get a good education, and have a chance at a wide open depth chart. If he was truly afraid of competition he would've left before last season

Exactly. He was just being practical.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:47 AM

Nothing wrong with that.

Re: Or he saw that he was going to expire his eligibility

Jun 20, 2018, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Or he saw that he was going to expire his eligibility ]

Ding ding ding, we have a winner folks. He knew TL was coming. So don’t think he was afraid of competition.

Just think he thought it was going to be a competition and when he was told he was third... But he didn’t have to be told that. He knew before spring that once the defense took us to 12-2 last year and he played just a few piddly snaps what the pecking order was going to be. Hey, I applaud him for at least sticking it out through spring.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition.....

Jun 20, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

CERTAINLY NOT YOU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignorant poast is ignorant.***

Jun 20, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

Disagree Tiger77! He wants playing time and he was likely

Jun 20, 2018, 8:52 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

to get a little but not enough to get him drafted had he stayed. He went to NW because his family knows the head coach personally and really like him.

I'm disappointed he left because he's a great kid and QB but certainly understand his decision for what it's worth.

Wow...just wow !!!***

Jun 20, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I stand corrected!! You all make good points***

Jun 20, 2018, 10:11 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

Lol... the 3rd qb drafted this year was from wyoming

Jun 20, 2018, 11:48 AM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

So clearly you can make our to the nfl from northwestern

Northwestern is close to home and an excelect school.

Plus purple unis. ..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition.....

Jun 20, 2018, 12:17 PM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

I see your point but I disagree. I think that the current offensive system at northwestern is perfect for hunter Johnson's skill set. He's got a great arm, decent mobility and is a smart qb.

They typically run a similar offensive set as clemson.

Close to home, great school. Its not that hard to figure out.

Jun 20, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to IMO I don't think he was able to handle the competition..... ]

He's going to be good, and NW will be better with him at QB. I wish him well!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He was better than the starter

Jun 20, 2018, 8:47 AM

and not as good as the next future starter.

Too good to ride the bench.

This ...

Jun 20, 2018, 9:23 AM

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/4/10/17219292/northwestern-new-practice-facility

Re: This ...

Jun 20, 2018, 9:41 AM

Crap, now we have to get a beach!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This ...

Jun 20, 2018, 10:50 AM [ in reply to This ... ]

Beautiful facility but no slide, no Dabo.

Pretty simple really...he wants more playing time***

Jun 20, 2018, 9:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I’m Way Behind, BUTT why did Hunter J leave?

Jun 20, 2018, 11:06 AM

Was the writing on the wall as far as T Law winning the QB competition?

Sirius question, I’ve been off the TNets for months.

Well, since you asked....he left because of you raginranger. He told us, if this guy doesnt care enough about me to come to TNet on a regular basis then I'm outa here!

Thanks man, thanks a lot!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is pure speculation.

Jun 20, 2018, 12:04 PM

I believe Dabo is an honest man. I also believe he really loves his/our/Clemson players and treats them like his own children. Sometimes the truth is hard to take and it's hard on a parent to be honest with kids sometimes in regard to some things. I've raised half a dozen kids and introducing them to adulthood and the reality of harshness and brutal truth about life is painful but that's why God gives them to us and it's our job.

As gently and thoroughly as possible Dabo helped Hunter reach an epiphany. Hunter isn't going to take the starting job this year.

I think the rules change played a big part in Hunter's and the other QB's transfer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic