Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's like a microcosm of Trumpism...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 313

It's like a microcosm of Trumpism...

Sep 10, 2019, 5:12 PM

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1VV11U?__twitter_impression=true

-"American farmers helped elect President Donald Trump...but many of his policies have actually stung farmers, notably his trade war with China and biofuel waivers for oil refiners."

-"Instead of directing their anger at Trump, dozens of farmers...blasted the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and other Washington institutions they believe are thwarting his true agenda. Unsubstantiated conspiracy theories involving USDA staff are circulating in farm country and gaining traction online."

-"Farmers are struggling with how to emotionally process their pain from the Trump administration's policies, and anger at the USDA may be a coping mechanism"

-"It's much easier to be angry at a faceless Washington bureaucracy than at the man you voted for," said Jere Solvie, 69, grain and hog farmer from west-central Minnesota who voted for Trump and still supports him."

-"One farmer, enraged by the USDA's corn crop estimate, threatened an agency employee last month. The threat of violence prompted USDA to pull all staff from a privately run crop tour that surveys Midwest crops."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange days.

Sep 10, 2019, 5:16 PM

Good news though: only 8 more years of KAG.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1171232004857323520?s=20

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's almost like this wasn't really about policy...***

Sep 10, 2019, 5:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever happened to -

Sep 10, 2019, 7:21 PM

Re: It's like a microcosm of Trumpism...

Sep 10, 2019, 7:34 PM

In truth the government should be out of the farm subsidy business. I watch corn planted every year wither and die while the "farmer" gets paid for nothing. A lot of them are in the scam business. Lots of them in politics too.

Ethanol blended fuel gets right at 10% less MPG, pits fuel systems and does nothing for the environment when one considers water use. I run ethanol free fuel in all my engines. Well as ethanol free as one can get considering they do not have tankers just for that fuel and there will always be residual.

If we are not sending pork to China then where the heck have all the hams gone? With this surplus there should be plenty and cheap too. Inquiring ham gluttons need an answer to this problem.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:39 PM

Yes, big oil should also get their snouts out the trough too.

Sep 10, 2019, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: It's like a microcosm of Trumpism... ]

True. I have a friend in NC who's family was paid $70,000 by the govt. NOT to plant cotton in one of their larger fields.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Farmers love them some farm welfare, but God forbid

Sep 11, 2019, 9:48 AM

you let a brown person get some.

The Trump Conundrum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 313
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic