Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there anyone left who doesn’t wish...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Is there anyone left who doesn’t wish...

Jul 18, 2019, 11:10 PM

...that Clemson had kept the starters in and blown Bammer out by 40+ or at least scored on the last drive?

They haven’t shown a ####### bit of gratitude towards us for taking it easy on ‘em. Not one bit. Only disrespect. Their whole classless organization.

And the nerve to even suggest we don’t know how to win. The problem is they don’t know how to lose.

Message was edited by: greene

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: Is there anyone left who doesn’t wish...

Jul 18, 2019, 11:41 PM

was really hoping Etienne would have scored on his long run on that drive,but I guess 3 tds was enough.can't quite remember,but others might.how many tds were scored by those all-world alabama rbs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Me

Jul 18, 2019, 11:53 PM

As a fan I don't need their well wishes.

Scoreboard speaks loudly enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 12:33 AM

What bothers me more than anything is the Alabama players haven't given Clemson any credit whatsoever, not a single one. It shows how classless they are, I've never even heard of that before. I used to get mad at Dabo for taking everybody out and the other team would score several times and make it closer, but now I see how important depth was and is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 7:08 AM

I agree it would have been cool, but I like to think we have more class than most programs. Everyone knows we could have scored again, even the excuse makers. Yesterday there were several news services calling out saban and his players for all the excuses. Plus it adds fuel to our fire.

They clearly kow how to lose. They just don't know how to

Jul 19, 2019, 7:13 AM

accept it with class....Bwahahahahaahahaaaa.

Jul 19, 2019, 8:15 AM

Number one, why sink to that level? We can keep it classy and let the rest of the world rip on Alabama for continuing to make excuses.

Number two, if we've learned anything about Dabo over the years, it's that he has a long memory and he's never afraid to twist the knife a little bit. See: onsides kick at the end of the 2016 championship. If we meet Bama again this year, you can be assured there will be a very visible response to all this off-season whining.

Jul 19, 2019, 8:18 AM

I hear ya but every player deserved to play in the Natty. They all earned it. Go Tigers!!!

Jul 19, 2019, 5:08 PM

I agree with you. The joy that every player that traveled with the team got to play far exceeds putting up another score. Those young men got to participate and feel they also earned that rung. It shows all of our players and recruits that if you put in the work and practice like you are suppose to you will get to play. It also pays off when the season is long and it’s hot as hell that we have depth with experience to rotate players. If they earn it on the practice field I’m good with all 120 playing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Actually I wish he had let the backups score...

Jul 19, 2019, 4:40 PM

... instead of milking the clock.

That would have been even more satisfying.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 5:00 PM

I have mixed emotions but think we did the right thing. It showed the world we were a class act. Alabama was already a dead duck and Dabo played the mercy rule. Our superiority was self evident and could have easily scored at least one more touchdown. Had we scored another touchdown, many fans and media members would have put Clemson down. We gained points and respect for calling off the horses. That 10:02 time of possession at the end of the game was a "we're the new king of the hill" explanation mark !!!!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2019, 5:19 PM

I'm one of those that wanted the backups in sooner, but totally understood the importance of guaranteeing the win. And I have no problem with taking the knee at the end. It basically says that our opponent is weak, they have given up, and we are extending mercy upon them.

Now if they make excuses and act like they won or were just lucky to beat their sorry butts, then mercy will not be shown next meeting or forever. NEVER FORGET!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic