Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Clemson the team to beat next season? (link)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Is Clemson the team to beat next season? (link)

Feb 23, 2018, 1:28 PM

https://n.rivals.com/news/take-two-is-clemson-the-team-to-beat-next-season-

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if we are the angriest ? Are we ? Angry ??***

Feb 23, 2018, 1:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Clemson the team to beat next season? (link)

Feb 23, 2018, 1:41 PM

A$M in week two , on their field ...will be our toughest test . FSU and whoever we face in Charlotte .
I see this team as having a big chip come September , and I have no fear in stating that we should be ...nay , will be undefeated in the ACC .
I don't ( aside from injury epidemics and weird stuff lingering at the QB position ) see us losing to anyone on our known schedule .
That's how I see this upcoming season . Playoffs are a different story .
We have a team capable of another National Championship .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 23, 2018, 1:43 PM

Our defense is going to be absurdly good, can't wait to see them play.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2018, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Clemson the team to beat next season? (link) ]

A$M in week two , on their field ...will be our toughest test . FSU and whoever we face in Charlotte .
I see this team as having a big chip come September , and I have no fear in stating that we should be ...nay , will be undefeated in the ACC .
I don't ( aside from injury epidemics and weird stuff lingering at the QB position ) see us losing to anyone on our known schedule .
That's how I see this upcoming season . Playoffs are a different story .
We have a team capable of another National Championship .

The thing about A&M is that they really don't have a ton of talent and I really, really question if they've got a QB that Jimbo Fisher can work with.

I don't like either of their QB's. Freshmen Nick Starkel and Kellen Mond split time last year, and both were in and out with inconsistency and injuries. Starkel was a fallback 3-star guy but he was probably the superior passer - he hit 123 of 205 for 1793 yards, 14 TD's, and 6 INT's...but he rushed for -42 yards and he's basically a statue who can't extend plays. Bad. Mond honestly looked like a 5-star flop or at best a fizzle...he was only 117 of 227 (51.5%, which is lousy) for 1375 yards against 8 TD's and 6 INT's, though he did added 340 yards and 3 TD's with his feet. Jimbo's offense usually features a pro-style guy so I'd look hard at Starkel to start since Mond's accuracy and decision-making are really suspect, but Oh My, is Jimbo's system ever complicated and hard for young players to grasp.

But can A&M protect the immobile Starkel...and how effective is Jimbo's often-clunky system going to be in just Week 2? Even if Starkel (or less likely, Mond) really take to Jimbo-ball, I very much doubt the O is going to look very good early since neither guy has any sort of foundation in the system; they're going from Sumlin's HUNH spread to a drop-back pro-style, which is a big switch. And their offense just wasn't particularly good anyway - it was just 56th overall last year. (Their D was even worse, ranking just 78th overall, out of 129 teams...and they lost 7 of 11 starters on that side of the ball to boot. Ouch.)

They were a 7-6 team and looked like a 7-6 team, and they lost by far their best player in WR Christian Kirk, who jumped early to the NFL draft. I think we'll move the ball pretty much at will against their D...and I'm not convinced their offense will even be able to get out of their own way against us.

Feb 23, 2018, 2:37 PM

Already called my bookie and placed a bet on championship game- sight unseen I bet the under.

Feb 23, 2018, 3:55 PM

Is Clemson "the" team to beat next year? No, I believe that is Alabama because they are the defending National Champions.

However, we will be atop of most schools "want to beat" list.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic