Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In mourning over parking spot loss
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

In mourning over parking spot loss

Aug 1, 2019, 1:03 PM

Hope the new folks welcome all the kids with nowhere else to go like we did. Spend years cheering on a mediocre team and now championships apparently punish the old faithful. Sad day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm right there with you

Aug 1, 2019, 1:06 PM

losing my Avenue of Champions spot that I've had forever was a huge kick in the nutz.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'm right there with you

Aug 1, 2019, 1:08 PM

Same. Where’d you get moved?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got moved to Rogers where the common folk tailgate***

Aug 1, 2019, 1:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I hope you like the smell of grilled possum and

Aug 1, 2019, 1:20 PM

Budwesier.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

^^^ This guy...

Aug 1, 2019, 4:03 PM

You know doggone well that we fry chitlins over there.

Grilled possum. SMDH Pfffft-

Can't wait...just a little more than a year away!

Aug 1, 2019, 4:04 PM

I'll bring the beers

Don't forget the chitlins...

Aug 1, 2019, 4:06 PM

We prefer pig, but honestly not that picky.

You missed the part where I said I was bringing the beers

Aug 1, 2019, 4:09 PM

not chilins, beers. Again...all the details have been worked out previously.

^^^ Cheapskate***

Aug 1, 2019, 4:11 PM

I only buy expensive beers

Aug 1, 2019, 4:25 PM

My wife gives me lots of grief about it

Re: In mourning over parking spot loss

Aug 1, 2019, 1:15 PM

Come on down to lot 16. They'll never move you from there. Hope you like hiking.

I purposely ask for 16 even though I'm eligible

Aug 1, 2019, 1:37 PM

For better

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I purposely ask for 16 even though I'm eligible

Aug 1, 2019, 1:50 PM

Me too. Plenty of room and shade trees. Let's keep it a secret though.

IPTAY in serious "money grab" mode right now.***

Aug 1, 2019, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IPTAY in serious "money grab" mode right now.***

Aug 1, 2019, 1:35 PM

Well, when great coaches cost 8 mil per year and football building cost 60 mil and great assistants make 2 mil do you think they have any choice?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude.. every1 turns into Bernie sanders come

Aug 1, 2019, 1:43 PM

Iptay donation time

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 1, 2019, 1:21 PM

Are you closer or farther away from where the football stabbings took place?

I guess you can put a price on safety.***

Aug 1, 2019, 1:24 PM

Aug 1, 2019, 1:31 PM

I bought a 96 silver Crown Victoria and plan on parking in the middle of the road and possibly stopping traffic after the game

Aug 1, 2019, 1:34 PM

I like you’re thinking.

Sigh... rich people problems***

Aug 1, 2019, 1:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sad.. and no. Keep those filthy kids outta my

Aug 1, 2019, 1:36 PM

Spot

Re: I'm not sad.. and no. Keep those filthy kids outta my

Aug 1, 2019, 1:57 PM

In 45 years since I graduated I've moved from 3a to 3 to 2a (best spot I have had!) to 10 to 1 to somewhere that wasn't even on the map (by practice field and only parked there once, the other times it was full and had to park by the cow barn or boat house). Gave up my tickets the next year with the reseating plan (and parking problem). Ordered tickets in 2016 on my son's recent graduate plan and we had spots in 25, Y Beach, 21 and 21 again this year.

I know those on Ave and Williamson have contributed a lot more $, but this is what the middle class has endured. At least now we do see some great football!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 1:52 PM

Marshall dumped on long standing season ticket holders several years ago. Fans who bought season tickets when the Herd was terrible (we cheered 1st downs as there were zero TDs in some games), kept getting worse and worse seats, while Johnny come lately got better seats.

It worked for a while, then they changed to Conference USA which has no fan appeal, plus the team has been down a bit. Now many of the bandwagoners aren't showing up, and the loyal fans got tired of it and are watching from home. The result is plenty of empty seats, especially in the higher priced sections.

Definitely an apples to oranges , or even apples to raisins, but still a cautionary tale for all colleges.

Aug 1, 2019, 2:10 PM

My goal every year is to stay off of the shuttle bus. I hate that thing. I call IPTAY and ask them how much do I need to contribute. During the down years I remember getting lot 9 for something like $100 a year IPTAY donation. I am sorry you guys are losing your longtime spots. The price of winning I guess. I love to see the team winning but, hate to see long time IPTAY donors negatively impacted.

Been that way for a while

Aug 1, 2019, 3:14 PM

We are life donors. Parked across from the tiger at little john for over 20 years. Now every year we either have to increase our contribution or move. when we signed for life donor in the 70's we were told we would never be downgraded. we are now parking near Y beach. Pathetic!

Re: Been that way for a while

Aug 1, 2019, 3:39 PM

58 year iptay, moved from Kulg ave to Strom Thurmond.long walk up hill for 82 year old person. makes for a long day.

It's not about fans any more.

Aug 1, 2019, 3:42 PM

It's about customers.

My grandpa's spot is in Shotgun Alley and he can barely walk

Aug 1, 2019, 3:44 PM

It'll be a sad day when he can't walk to the stadium with us anymore. It's a great parking spot for him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My grandpa's spot is in Shotgun Alley and he can barely walk

Aug 1, 2019, 4:12 PM

Stopped buying season tickets several years ago and opted to take-in a couple of games a year. When I do go, I park a block off of 123 for $20. I personally don’t mind the walk. I stop downtown and shop and have lunch and then venture over to the stadium. The one advantage to parking where I do is the fact that I miss the slow traffic and can be back in Greenville in 45 minutes.
To each his own!

Aug 1, 2019, 6:09 PM [ in reply to My grandpa's spot is in Shotgun Alley and he can barely walk ]

From experience the people riding around in golf carts will pick you up at your tailgate and take you to your gate. Now I don’t know how far out they go, but last year we was on the backside of littlejohn. While tailgating they were riding around and I asked if one of them would come back and they did. Good luck

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

864-656-2931 to request a golf cart ride on game day***

Aug 1, 2019, 6:53 PM

Aug 3, 2019, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: My grandpa's spot is in Shotgun Alley and he can barely walk ]

I park in Lot 10 and it is ideal for those who, like me, have seen many moons. Senior citizen busses operate from this area. Walking up that hill near the cemetery is brutal. I would recommend if you have someone in your family who has trouble walking you may want to consider this lot the next time you order tickets. The bus props off and picks up passengers near Gate 1.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2019, 6:20 PM

You could always join us on perimeter road and walker coarse parking space. We have our own family of black bears we have to shew away from the grill and you can tee off right off the back of the pickup truck! Heck, I’ve thought I saw a Sasquatch or two after some of the late games!

Aug 4, 2019, 1:25 PM

LOL! This is one of my favorite posts.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 3, 2019, 7:58 PM

Just curious, what did you list as your second and third choices for parking? Seems like they would have tried to get you into one of those lots.

I beg to differ.

Aug 4, 2019, 1:56 PM

I think it is important to insulate the Better Sort from those with a bad case of The Poor. I became a Clemson fan in 2015 (I support winners, not losers), and when I pull my Range Rover into North Lot 20 minutes before kickoff, I don't want a bunch of gents in camouflage attire enjoying their Bojangles chicken and David Allan Coe anywhere near my spot.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic