Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If your kid or someone you know didn't get into Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

If your kid or someone you know didn't get into Clemson

Feb 14, 2018, 2:41 AM

just realize that someone better got in. Hate to tell some of you that there are people out there whether in-state, out of state or foreign that are smarter and more qualified. Get over it. You'll live. Its fine to be upset and hurt but acting like a 2 year old probably shows the attributes you have instilled into your kid and why they didn't get in. Suck it up, put your big boy/girl pants on and realize that NOBODY owes you a dang thing. Clemson is taking the best of the best not just the best but the best of those best. If you despise Clemson now then goodbye and good day because nobody has time for that and you're clogging up a sports site with your whining.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because schools want to be diversified, your first statement

Feb 14, 2018, 3:56 AM

is absolutely wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Because schools want to be diversified, your first statement

Feb 14, 2018, 7:45 AM

Tuition and Fees In-state: $14,712 Out-of-state: $35,654

Don't think that this isn't a factor/tie breaker.

That said, admission has a lot to do with curriculum. Choosing a major with high demand limits a students chances of acceptance.

Going the Tech School route is a great way to get a second chance.

Feb 14, 2018, 8:41 AM

Is this for one semester or per year??????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Because schools want to be diversified, your first statement ]

Well this statement is wrong because Clemson has a race/gender neutral admissions process

There are a lot of families with Clemson ties with

Feb 14, 2018, 5:50 AM

children who have been immersed in Clemson culture, so to speak, all of their lives.

These young folks have dreamed of attending, and many have studied diligently to attain grades worthy of consideration. Obviously, not all will be successful, and hence, I certainly sympathize with their disappointment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are a lot of families with Clemson ties with

Feb 14, 2018, 6:41 AM

I think a lot also take if for granted that they will be accepted. I attended Daniel High and a fair number of faculty and town kids did not get accepted and that was a bit of a wake up call for them.

Im a high school dropout

Feb 14, 2018, 6:01 AM

2 years Greenville Tech
2-1/2 years at Clemson = BS Engineering
2 more years at Clemson = MS Engineering

Almost anyone can get to Clemson with hard work

You are correct Sir.

Feb 14, 2018, 6:49 AM

I followed a similar path in the 90's. Did not get in straight away so I got my Associates at GVille Tech and then moved on to Clemson for BS in Mech Engineering. Having the Associate Degree made the difference when I applied the second time. If you want to go to Clemson bad enough then there is a way to get there.

Go Tigers!

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Re: Im a high school dropout

Feb 14, 2018, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Im a high school dropout ]

But they don't want to do it that way! Now what?

thats very commendable and congrats

Feb 14, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Im a high school dropout ]

But what year was that because just like the admission requirements from HS have been on a steep path, I’m sure the same probably holds true to other avenues? At the end of the day, there’s just a certain # of seats. I’m sure the bridge program alone has eaten into transfer slots and the transfer slots available are likely highly competitive- maybe not to the degree the HS admissions are but certainly a helluva lot more difficult and the open door that existed prior to the 2000s and the rise in the last 5-10 could have been meteoritic like the HS has been. The escalation in SAT scores and GPA have been so fast that I bet there are kids that met with their counselors in 9th grade and said they wanted to go to Clemson and the guidance counselors advised what GPA and SATs it would take to get them there. Decisions were made based off that as to classes etc. Fast- forward 4 years and that data is probably garbage. My kids aren’t old enough yet but I know plenty of Clemson families and many of the kids that were getting in straight up just 2-3 years ago would be bridged this year and the bridged kids would be denied all together. It’s the kind of escalation most could understand over a 10-20 yr period not over a 1-5 where you literally are dealing with siblings and kids that attended school together. I do agree, if you want it bad enough and your grades are good, you can eventually find a way but I can certainly sympathize with these kids and parents in their disappointment. What I find ridiculous is the smugness and downright ahole behavior of many on this board especially if that is coupled with a comparison from 20+ years ago or even 5 for that matter, because a large # of them would have been kicked to the curb coming out of HS.

***kicked to the curb in recent

Feb 14, 2018, 9:06 AM

Years is what I’m referring to in the last sentence

Sounds good. Too bad it's false.

Feb 14, 2018, 7:34 AM

www.forbes.com/sites/stevecohen/2015/07/06/the-secret-quotas-in-college-admissions

My oldest is only one 15 but I would wager she us smarter

Feb 14, 2018, 8:09 AM

Than Xaxier thomas.
There goes your theory.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Now you're comparing apples and oranges...

Feb 14, 2018, 8:18 AM

Get back to us if she's 6'3" tall, weighs 270 pounds, and becomes one of the best defensive ends in the nation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's not really quite accurate....

Feb 14, 2018, 8:20 AM

If you don't think the admissions process is political, at least to a certain extent, you're lying to yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If your kid or someone you know didn't get into Clemson

Feb 14, 2018, 9:03 AM

You sound like you're upset over other's being upset .

The cycle ends with me then , cuz I ain't care .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic