Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you were invited to Dabo’s media BBQ
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,394

If you were invited to Dabo’s media BBQ

Jul 15, 2018, 2:55 PM

what football story would you want him to tell?

I would like to hear about the circumstances that led to Mike Mcintosh flipping to UF on signing day. Not that it mattered, he turned out to be a bust for UF, but I remember Bowden talking about Dabo being really upset about it, since he was the recruiting coordinator. (I know it’s pretty obscure and irrelevant)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you were invited to Dabo’s media BBQ

Jul 15, 2018, 3:01 PM

Wouldn't you need to ask the UF recruiters how they managed to do that?

Same with Montavious Adams and Carl Lawson with the AU recruiters, and the Ole Miss recruiters for Nkimdeche.

Inquiring minds want to know. LOL. In other words, we will never really know.

I’m sure Dabo would probably have more insight than most of us***

Jul 15, 2018, 3:06 PM

Re: I’m sure Dabo would probably have more insight than most of us***

Jul 15, 2018, 4:38 PM

But will he share some of that insight with his fan base, probably not!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serially, what would you like me to ask him?***

Jul 15, 2018, 4:55 PM

Jul 15, 2018, 4:56 PM

This is a question for Hood , Steele and Rink ... which is probably a really good name for a law practice now that I red it that way .

To the question. I would ask... Dabo , Any truth to the rumor that there are plans to build a second oculus and have the players zipline into the stadium from it , saving the grass on the hill?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 15, 2018, 4:58 PM

I thought this was going to be a question about what kind of BBQ sauce we prefer. Personally I like a sweet taste, like a honey bbq or a brown sugar taste.

Jul 15, 2018, 6:13 PM

Nah, mustard based all the way if we’re talking pork which I assume... didn’t know there was any other kind but obviously there is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 1:30 AM

… vinegar and brown sugar, (et al) all the way!!!

Jul 15, 2018, 7:03 PM

Why Tommy Bowden made Dabo quit recruiting Tim Tebow because Willy Korn committed to us .

Jul 15, 2018, 7:11 PM

Good one !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 15, 2018, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: If you were invited to Dabo’s media BBQ ]

Good one !

DB23

How surprised is he the young man from Daniel High

Jul 15, 2018, 8:06 PM

Nuk Hopkins has turned out to be an NFL superstar while Sammy Watkins has been a very average player (albeit highly paid). I am a big fan of both but shocked to see the difference in career paths even with Sammy's injuries and crappy teams. Hope to see Sammy receive some coaching from Andy Reid for the 1st time ever in the NFL and bounce back. Still Nuk has willed himself to greatness and deserves a lot of credit. Brian Dawkins and Nuk appear to be best Clemson NFL'ers though a healthy DW4 could be in the conversation real soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2018, 10:42 PM

I remember seeing Nuk and Sammy in the spring game and Nuk caught everything that was thrown to him really has better hands than Sammy no doubt about that. Underrated WR!

I like that 15 minute long story he told Finebaum...

Jul 16, 2018, 9:12 AM

a few years back about how many times The University of Alabama crushed his dreams. Oh, I know it well, the answer is five but I'd love to hear him tell it again.

Tell him to start by setting the story up like Finebaum set it up. Remember? The sports media was abuzz with the idea that Dabo had never unpacked when he moved to Clemson but had all his belongings in one of Allied® Van Lines trailers sitting in front of his house and prayed to God every night that Saban would retire immediately so he could get back to mama in Alabama and take Saban's place as the head coach at The University of His True and Only Home, Forrest Gump EWE?

Remember? Finebaum began to hint about even asking the question when Dabo began to tell the story of his history with Bama starting after his graduation. First he was a grad student and assistant coach. Then he was fired with Stallings...basically, the management at Bama blew smoke up his shorts for several years telling him to hold on and be patient because the a position on the coaching staff was just around the corner and/or over the next hill.

Anyway, if Reader's Digest did the story the writers would just say that Alabama broke his heart, half starved him for 3-5 years by leading him on with no real plan to ever hire him. Well, one coach there hired him to coach tight ends then fired him before he got to work the first day because he'd decided to hire his two sons to coach tight ends. Technically, he did work as a coach on Alabama's staff though they never did the paperwork or wrote the check.

Dabo told about Bowden calling him to come to Clemson some years later to coach and recruit. Dabo had been working with land and commercial property developers and praying to God everyday believing that God had a coaching job somewhere for him, the one that God had chosen, a custom fit for Dabo and the school, the perfect place to be planted and bloom. Y'all have heard that many times.

Rememeber? When Dabo finished Finebaum just said, 'I guess there's no reason to ask if you'd ever return.' Even Alabama's biggest fan knew that the pain Alabama had caused Dabo and his wife would last a lifetime.

The country folks who heard that story wept for how horrible Dabo was treated by his beloved. We remembered the how sweet love can sour and turn into bitterness and contempt and how quickly a hen learns to stay away from the fire.

I'd love to hear Dabo tell that story again.

I hope you don't mind me rambling on but you asked which football story I wanted to hear Dabo tell. Just ask him to tell about how patient God is when it comes to planting His flowers and how beautiful they grow when The Master tills the soil with divine providence for 30 years while He is germinating the seed then plants the seed and waters them with His divine hand. Or we might just take a look at our football program with note to the integrity and class our head coach has made standard, the winning ain't bad either.

Or you might just hint that you're about to ask him about leaving Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,394
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic