Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you watch the coots as they try to rebuild their program it’s
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

If you watch the coots as they try to rebuild their program it’s

Aug 19, 2018, 12:32 AM

obvious that they are trying to copy Dabo and Co’s Formula. They talk about the coot family, they have developed hype videos, hype posters, even their new facilities are sort of like the new Clemson complex. I love how they are trying to be like Clemson. They are the after market version of our Elite Clemson Tigers.

My neighbor a former coot LB says it’s possible for them to win 11 games this year. They keep talking about their 9 wins last year but will not admit to the quality of those wins. They only beat 4 teams with winning records. One of those being Wofford. They are all hyped up about beating an above average Michigan Team. A team who played like they did not want to be at their BG this past New Years Day.

They actually believe they can win the East this year. I predict 7 wins if they get some luck 8 wins.

They have penciled in UGA as a possible W, and they have us on upset alert. I don’t want the season to end so quickly as it seems to fly by every year, but I can’t want until we show those coots the deference in Elite Clemson football program vs Average SC football program.

PS: I learned something new about coot U. They have the highest tuition in the Southeastern Conferce with the exception of private schools Vanderbilt.

What do other TNetters see the coots accomplishing this season and why???

With this post I have reached a milestone. This was my 4000th post! ??

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Iowa State does similar things

Aug 19, 2018, 1:37 AM

Consider it a complement if those are original to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We didn’t invent these things but we set the standard

Aug 19, 2018, 6:34 AM

SC is trying to keep up and like the OP said they are trying to copy Clemson’s blueprint the whole way. We are WRU now they claim to have the best receivers in the country (they’re good but nowhere close to being the best). The HUNH is one of the things that played a major role in getting Clemson to where we are at so the coots are going to try it. I’ve seen some other stuff over the last couple of years since Muschamp got there. The problem is Muschamp isn’t Dabo, Columbia isn’t Clemson, and Muschamp isn’t recruiting at the level Dabo was by his third full season. By Dabo’s third season Dabo had a roster with a lot of future NFL guys and was well on his way to building an elite program. Muschamp isn’t there yet and I doubt he will ever get there. If he couldn’t win with the talent he had at FL I can’t see him winning anything significant at SC. He has had the advantage of playing in a really bad SEC east. That’s why they were thoroughly exposed by Clemson last year as was KY & FL. All were blown out by ACC Atlantic teams on rivalry weekend. Facts.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenvilleonline.com/amp/84320300

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independentmail.com/amp/97307192

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is one way to look at it

Aug 19, 2018, 10:50 AM

I did not realize a transfer defensive back saying he thinks SC has some of the best receivers in the country means the program thinks they are "WRU". Seems like you jumped to some big conclusions there.

I'm sure similar things were said about Dabo and Clemson before it clicked.

You have a lot of arguments driven by your fanhood. That's fine, but people not on Tigernet would not agree that everything on your list is relevant or true.

Again, Clemson does a number of things really well, but I would not consider a faster offense, good defense, facility upgrades, and a social media team to be a Clemson-specific blueprint. Dabo should get credit for recognizing these things before most programs, but these are the norm now.

What did I say?

Aug 19, 2018, 1:56 PM

We didn’t invent these things but we have set the standard. Many around the country know it and that’s why you have a lot of coaches visiting Clemson. Like one article said we are pioneers in the social media department and with the new facility. SC has fallen behind and are trying to catch up by doing the SAME things because they see Clemson’s success. It’s just a fact that anyone can see whether they are a Clemson fan or not. The only people with knowledge of the two programs that would deny it are gamecocks. And I have read enough of your posts to know you are one.

There's a difference between copying the concept and trying to duplicate its success***

Aug 19, 2018, 2:55 PM

Don’t be blinded by your coot fandom

Aug 19, 2018, 8:31 PM

Doing and saying the exact same things=copying in the hope you can duplicate the success

Hardly the thoughts of a transfer DB. Check out Garnet&black attack:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/garnetandcocky.com/2018/03/18/south-carolina-becoming-wide-receiver-u/amp/

Five head gets whipped 56-7 by the eventual national champions now he can win one because you know Clemson’s not that much better if at all

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/south-carolina/south-carolina-jake-bentley-national-championship/amp

Nice comments about “game changer”

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/game-changer-south-carolina-s-new-football-operations-building-will/article_bb41fd26-97ee-11e8-a88c-072fc23a8aab.html

Looks like it came out of a tigernet article from two years earlier

To put it simply, the new state-of-the-art football facility is a game-changer and will set the standard for similar facilities across the country. Once the 140,000 square foot facility is completed – right now it’s scheduled to open on January 26th – the rest of the country’s programs will be playing catch-up.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Clemsons-new-football-operations-facility-in-one-word-Wow-15046#ixzz5OfvtqEx2

You know what they say: imitation is the most sincere form of flattery but you can tell yourself whatever you need to tell yourself to make you believe your team isn’t trying to copy everything that Clemson is doing. Lol. Clemson’s success is on the minds of gamecocks 24/7. Clemson has set a standard that they want so bad but can’t attain.

That was nice of you to add links, it provides these Coots with pictures they need to read

Aug 19, 2018, 10:19 PM

They can say what they want, but the things they put out for the public to consume make it look like they are trying to copy Clemson.

Re: Don’t be blinded by your coot fandom

Aug 20, 2018, 7:13 AM [ in reply to Don’t be blinded by your coot fandom ]

I for one did not realize that Clemson invented good WRs and the football operations facility.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Aug 20, 2018, 7:31 AM

I see your reading comprehension is about as good as the other coot’s.

Aug 20, 2018, 7:34 AM

When we break down your argument to the simplest level, it sounds pretty dumb doesn't it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 20, 2018, 8:20 AM

What’s dumb is saying that you’re becoming WRU when you only have four guys in the NFL. I guess that’s the type of stuff you will say if you’re trying to one up a superior rival that is regarded by almost everyone as holding the title of WRU.

What’s dumb is calling your football ops facility a “game changer” two years after Clemson’s is called the same thing.

What’s dumb is Jake thinking he can win a national championship before he leaves just because Clemson won one. You and I both know that the only reason he said that is because Clemson’s NC was in his face 24/7 at the time.

What’s dumb is getting your butt kicked 56-7 by the eventual national champions and then saying they’re not that much better if at all.

What’s dumb is claiming that I’m inferring that I think we invented certain concepts when I clearly stated we did not invent them but we have set the standard in several areas and provided links. Your program is playing catch up to their rival by trying to do the same things. I guess that’s OK since a lot of others are doing the same.

What’s dumb is the fact that in spite of all the links I provided you’re still in denial.

Aug 20, 2018, 9:43 AM

Today I learned Clemson invented :

WRU/RBU/DBU
Game Changer
National Championships

You also didn’t set the standard for any of these things. Oregon set the standard for a football operations center. Alabama has clearly set the standard for national championships. Alabama set the standards for support staff and media relations.

Congratulations that Clemson is very successful right now. That doesn’t mean everyone is copying you.

Today I learned your reading comprehension skills still suck

Aug 20, 2018, 10:01 AM

and you are in denial about the gamecocks trying to imitate Clemson. It’s OK. I guess I would be too if I hated Clemson. BTW if we’re not setting a standard the coots are trying to imitate then explain to me why you guys hired our social media guy?

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/austin-koon-new-social-media-guy-has-been-cranking-out-vids-left-and-right.230112/

http://newsstand.clemson.edu/behind-the-camera-the-making-of-clemsons-viral-social-content/

Aug 20, 2018, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Don’t be blinded by your coot fandom ]

well lets see. coach superior said yall didnt need an indoor facility because it didnt rain that much in columbia. yet they named it after him. smh. and we get our operations facility up and running and the coots come up with a cheap facsimile. congrats lil brother.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Classof09 and Classof08 brothers???

Aug 20, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Don’t be blinded by your coot fandom ]

The only thing cootU is rebuilding is...

Aug 20, 2018, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Iowa State does similar things ]

a long sad history of sucking!

Re: If you watch the coots as they try to rebuild their program it’s

Aug 19, 2018, 5:47 AM

They have an idiot at coach that is going run a HUND with no depth and a spaz at QB. They will win 7-8 games again, but will get reminded of the talent difference at the end of the year.

Aug 19, 2018, 8:41 AM

At the risk of coming off like a noob... What is a HUND?

for the coots - Hurry Up..No Defense***

Aug 19, 2018, 9:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 6:37 AM

I have noticed that too in following their recruiting. It does seem to copy our mantra and culture. The problem is that you can pretend to be one thing, but the real you shows up at some point. As an example Meateads comments about Durkin. It is a compliment to what Dabo and staff are doing, reat assured Saban is still Saban, Smart is still Smart, Pruitt is still Pruitt, Muscrap is still Muscrap and as we have seen Meyer is still Meyer when the covers get pulled back.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Aug 19, 2018, 6:49 AM

I said back in June they'd be 7-5 and I stick to that . They play a weak schedule . Weak team , weak slate ... succeed @ about 60% .

They can't " rebuild " what was never constructed in the first place . Spurrier had them thinking they were on the top leading edge of CFB for about 6 years , when in reality they were simply biding time .
A coach like Spurrier can hide weaknesses , he made prime rib outta mush . Yes they recruited some good players during his time there , but the coach who led Duke to an ACC Championship could not get the Coots anything more than a single SEC divisional title .
They're not rebuilding , they're doing what they've always done and scrambling for unearned respect .
7 and 5 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I always bet with Danny Sheridan's Predictions***

Aug 19, 2018, 9:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you watch the coots

Aug 19, 2018, 6:58 AM

Their schedule is too weak for them not to get at least 8 wins this year.

Aug 19, 2018, 3:01 PM

They are due to beat Kentucky. Lol

Aug 19, 2018, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: If you watch the coots ]

Muscrap claimed to have learned from his many mistakes at UF, but now with another OC in three years we shall see. Usuck fans got spoiled by the few years of success by the OBC and thus have visions of returning to fleeting glory!

Living in NE Cola I see their facilities have advanced, but they are still behind Clemson, BAMA and other elite caliber programs because they have no identifiable legacy of long term success! One division and one conference championship from 1969 to the present and a few Outback bowl wins do not compare to multiple programs in the ACC or SEC!

I see toss up games scattered throughout their 2018 schedule and without major injuries, a bit of luck and average defense they could win seven games, but I predict 6-6 at best and 4-8 at worst! Losses to UGa., UK, TAMU, Ole Miss, UF and Clemson. If they beat UK they could just as easily lose to Mizzou.

Should they have any major injuries or academic casualties then their lack of decent depth will spell big trouble. Muscrap best attain wins now because next year and beyond BAMA, Auburn, LSU and other better programs are on the schedule. It will be critical for the chickens to beat UGa. to have a chance to compete, but I cannot see such an outcome with the levels of coaching and talent at UGa.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 20, 2018, 1:28 AM [ in reply to Re: If you watch the coots ]

ESPN just released SOS and scar is 44th

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 19, 2018, 8:28 AM

They have no tradition (s). Unless you count being average, at best, as a tradition. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery but I don't think many teams would be very flattered with the lamecocks trying to imitate them. I predict they'll get 8 wins this year,,, with a little luck that is.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:20 AM

I've lost count of the number of championships they've won in August. It sounds like they're back in stride.

They are five years behind us (at least)

Aug 19, 2018, 10:53 AM

and we are forging past the things we did five years ago and what they are currently doing.

Rebuild?

Aug 19, 2018, 10:54 AM

To what?

Aug 19, 2018, 11:01 AM

I've said this for awhile that the only thing South Carolina does well is trying to copy Clemson. Eventually the recruiting will come back to bite him because he is out there telling recruits you can come in and play immediately here and then the next week he brings in transfers. Recruits see that and coaches remind them of it. That is one of Dabo's selling points that he isn't going to bring someone in over the recruits head. Thats a main reason Clemson doesn't even attempt transfers for recruiting purposes as well as it being hard to get them in but even so Dabo isn't going to recruit transfers he doesn't believe in it and he believes in building through recruiting high school guys. Dabo doesn't recruit anyone who can't make it in school anymore. He use to take a guy here and there and place them but he doesn't even do that anymore. Vegas has South Carolina's over/under set at I think 7 and they can't comprehend it. Well if they revisit their schedule from last year they will notice they won like 7 or 8 games by a TD or less and what those geniuses don't understand is that Vegas takes that into account. Vegas splits those close games thinking your not going to get as lucky and win all but 1 of them. Gamecocks don't realize how close they were to a 6 or 7 win season last year. I mean a miracle chunk and catch or they would have been beaten by La Tech. I think the best thing that happened is Michigan turning the ball over like 5 times in their bowl game because it gave Gamecock fans belief that their new offense works. Go back and watch the game they had 2 explosive scores and the others basically came on short field after a Michigan turnover. Now they have this false sense of them actually being good. Thats why I can't wait til the 2nd week of the season s I can watch Georgia beat the heck out of them. I'm no Georgia fan but man I can't wait for the Gamecock's to realize that all the mess they have been talking was nothing more than their usual drivel.

Aug 19, 2018, 11:30 AM

For both Dabo and Muschamp it goes back to Nick Saban and how he built Alabama. And yes, we are building facilities to keep up with Clemson and Bama and Georgia and the rest of the present day elite programs. The new Football Operations Building is something long overdue if we expect to make the step to the next level.

Like Dabo and Saban, Muschamp knows that the only way to build a championship caliber team is through recruiting. We are not where we need to be yet but the foundation is there and unlike anytime during the Spurrier era there is an entire staff dedicated to it. Social media also has become a big recruiting tool and Dabo uses it as well.

Muschamp promoting a family atmosphere is not just talk, his players love him. If you need proof you can go back to any game he coaches against his Florida players and you will see every one of them seek him out after the game for a hug.

And lastly the HUNH offense will be a big role but it won't be consistent. Muschamp has said from day one that this is the type of offense that he wants to run because as a defensive coach it's the hardest to coach against. The game and opponent will dictate the pace. You will see it every game but how much it will be used will vary.

Aug 19, 2018, 9:13 PM

Dabo and Saban couldn’t be more opposite. Hth

Aug 19, 2018, 11:40 AM

Rebuild to what exactly? They are hardly a powerhouse who has fallen on recent bad times. As for the Georgia game, they are in for a double digit dose of sadness come Week 2.

Don't even slow down - Dawgs by 35***

Aug 19, 2018, 12:58 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 19, 2018, 11:43 AM

Is this the Coot family you speak of?

Here are the facts about South Carolina Football

Aug 19, 2018, 12:24 PM

1) They’ve improved from 3 to 6 to 9 wins since Willy arrived. Like it or not that’s progress.

2) They won their bowl game a big time head coach and big time program. We’d brag too.

3) They are returning some decent talent particularly on offense. The Edwards kid can play.

If I was a Gamecock fan, I’d be stoked too. But as uasual there are more facts.

1) They play in one of weakest divisions in college football.

2) Their best win last year was N.C. State, no Michigan or Vandy.

3) Jake Bentley still sucks as a QB. I hope he plays forever.

4) Thr best coach in SEC East is now Dan Mullen. Given the resources at UF, I’d look for them to climb quickly.

5) The window at in Columbia is closing. Sure they’ve recruited better, but UGa is gonna be elite, UF is in the way up, and permanent cross division rival(TAMU) just got Jimbo Fischer as it’s head coach.

This “mini rival” of Gamecock football is bound to be short lived. They just might win 10 game this season. Kinda hope they do. No way they in DV after Thanksgiving. Then in 2019 it’s gonna be back to being second class.

I was with you until you lauded aTm for landing

Aug 20, 2018, 11:47 AM

Dumbo Fisher. Mac Brown 2.0. Most overrated coach in the business who got lucky with an over-the-top QB who made him look way better than he is.

I don't blame the coots for thinking they're better than 2 years ago because they are. Where I shake my head is when they start talking about Clemson and UGA 'not being that much better, if at all'. Same old coot delusion. They may be better but they're a long way from elite.

They copy/imitate everything we do except win championships

Aug 19, 2018, 9:05 PM

Hired our social media guy
Recruited Josh Bell while he was on our roster
Plus the few you mentioned

Aug 19, 2018, 9:15 PM

Kinda like Tom Cruse tryin’ to play Jack Reacher in the movies. They are totally miss casted.

Aug 20, 2018, 10:04 AM

SEC gon SEC.......($41 mill pay out per team in 2017) but Kirby spent $63 mill on our West End Zone project alone. $50 mill for an entire complex seems like a deal.

Aug 20, 2018, 10:52 AM

Copy cats gonna copy cat. Too bad it doesn't change the fact of uGAY with ZERO All Americans and a 3rd team All Conference starting QB.

Coots L
UF L
LSU L ENJOY!!

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic