Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Furman wins...should they move it to the Bon Secours?...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

If Furman wins...should they move it to the Bon Secours?...

Mar 19, 2019, 9:49 PM

Get us back on the old stomping grounds....
Make it a neutral court game....
Get the game into the big city....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too short notice & pretty sure the hockey team is still playing there.***

Mar 19, 2019, 9:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Too short notice & pretty sure the hockey team is still playing there.***

Mar 19, 2019, 10:03 PM

That would be nice for those of us in adjoining zip codes, but the Well schedule is the busiest it will probably be til HS graduations. Not sure who the guy is playing there Friday, Swamp Rabbits are home Saturday, and Winter Jam is Sunday.

Good, reasonable info...

Mar 20, 2019, 8:39 AM

Thanks.

Re: If Furman wins...should they move it to the Bon Secours?...

Mar 19, 2019, 9:59 PM

That wouldn't be a bad idea although I'd still prefer to play at home. I expect a solid number of Furman fans if they win tomorrow. They've had good attendance this year and haven't been to the NIT or NCAA in years. Big tournament for them.

Mar 19, 2019, 10:04 PM

I hate watching games in these big arenas. So impersonable. I wish it was being played at Furman. Lots better atmosphere, and would be a huge draw for honestly, a team that performed much better than we did this season

Give up our home court advantage, as well as revenue

Mar 19, 2019, 11:44 PM

from ticket sales and concessions, while also making it less convenient for our players and coaches?

Sounds like a great idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Give up our home court advantage, as well as revenue

Mar 20, 2019, 1:11 AM

I said it would be a better atmosphere. This has been a great season for Furman basketball. And a colossal failure of a season for Clemson. I mean, it's kind of hard for even you to argue that, right?

I was just pointing out it would mean more to Furman students/fans to have this as a home game. Having a full 3500 seat Timmons is a lot more competitive environment as opposed to 3500 in Littlejohn. In the end, it doesn't matter. The games in Littlejohn

I’m not sure that much revenue was generated last night....

Mar 20, 2019, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Give up our home court advantage, as well as revenue ]

I’m sure a game with Furman will have better attendance in that regard.
Not sure it’s the biggest inconvenience....this is the NIT after all.....

I tend to think we should play a game there each year to generate interest in the largest city near Clemson...but we have not done that in a while. Maybe schedule a rotation with Furman and Wofford there.

Re: Give up our home court advantage, as well as revenue

Mar 20, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Give up our home court advantage, as well as revenue ]

If remember nit, they keep all money till final four.

And have an even MORE empty arena?

Mar 20, 2019, 6:23 AM

I mean, wasn't LJ (a smaller arena) empty looking enough for ya? Imagine how that same 2,000 person crowd would look in a 16,000 seat place!

Even if they GAVE AWAY tickets, nobody's coming for a meaningless NIT game & pay for those $30 sodas & $40 popcorn at Bon Sick-Coors.

I dread playing Furman. They're good & will play us all out. No Mitchell, so Skara's our 3-shot threat, but is he going to hit 4 in every game? Can't believe Brad's not letting the bench (next year's team) get more valuable minutes. The NIT should be used as practice for the next year - not winning a trophy that means - ZERO.

The NCAA Tourney is a big enough joke - but the NIT? You know you're not in a REAL tournament when: (1) Your tournament is used as a guinea pig for experimental rules & (2) your "selection show" is aired on ESPNU.

who would pay for that genius?

Mar 20, 2019, 8:04 AM

Which school? The NIT definitely won’t. Do you people ever think before you post stupid topics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mad, bro?

Mar 20, 2019, 8:26 AM

It’s just a question.

There are reasons not to do it listed above that make sense (mainly that the Well is already booked for the weekend), without resorting to this sort of thing.

No.***

Mar 20, 2019, 8:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: No.***

Mar 20, 2019, 8:51 AM

If they moved it to Fike and replayed
the Natty on the big screen in Littlejohn
at the same time
there would still be seats open for the
Prestigious NIT game.

I’d give that two thumbs up and a ginseng tablet
To make it look like three thumbs up. ??

No***

Mar 20, 2019, 9:43 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will probably get a 9:00 game which will

Mar 20, 2019, 9:49 AM

kill out-of-town attendance except for the diehard Furman fans dying for the chance of an upset. We better push for lots of students showing up. Heck, when I was a student, I would show up just to watch the cheerleaders.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO.....

Mar 20, 2019, 10:11 AM

Game should be @ Littlejohn w/general admission.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Mar 20, 2019, 2:00 PM

NO

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic