Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'd think there'd be a massive market for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

I'd think there'd be a massive market for

Jan 20, 2018, 1:07 PM

Combining VR and helmet cams in football, college or pro.

Imagine hooking up your VR headset, tuning in to your favorite football team and being able to see what ANY player on the field sees. It'd have to be set to where only when a player is on the field could the cam come active. No cams on the sideline or locker rooms obviously.

You could even charge a subscription for the experience. It'd be a new way to enjoy football from a players perspective. The overhead zip line cam was a marvel invention at its time...this is the logic next step.

Don't tell me it can't be done #### it. It's 2017.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd think there'd be a massive market for

Jan 20, 2018, 1:08 PM

2018...even better.

Jan 20, 2018, 1:51 PM

I think that a tight fit thing like Dabo has our guys wear over their helmets would be a good idea for every game use also for college and the pros!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2018, 2:13 PM

Can you imagine last years NC game with that view? Especially Renfrow's catch!

Jan 20, 2018, 2:26 PM

It would have to be small enough to fit within the “mold” of the helmet and not compromise the safety. But your right, it’s 2018 and doable. I have a relative who is a former FBI agent and they have all kinds of concealable cameras.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i love it!

Jan 20, 2018, 2:39 PM

I know we do this in practice for the coaches benefit. I remember an article a while back about it when Morris was here and they would watch footage of the helmet cams to diagnose what the QBs were looking at in practice.

as far as your idea, I imagine every coach in the league would take issue with this, but it would be pretty freaking amazing if they did develop and implement it. The VR goggles would be cool, but people get fatigued after a while and tend to want to take them off. You would want to have the option just to watch this on their TVs. I like the ability to switch players, and if they were panoramic cameras, the viewer could control camera movement on top of what the players sees, say looking behind them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i love it!

Jan 20, 2018, 2:44 PM

Exactly. Imagine being able to see who's line up across from a player, their coverage, and then the moment a huge play is made. I'd definitely buy it to experience it.

Maybe they could be audio-less and just have the broadcast coverage played instead. That way, no language or plays can be heard or relayed.

Re: i love it!

Jan 20, 2018, 2:48 PM

I think people would be happy just to be able to do this in Madden. I also think NFL viewership would double over night.

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

I think it would be mostly unwatchable.

Jan 20, 2018, 3:16 PM

Fast movements with head turns, changes of direction, and hits would make it very hard to watch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

for some people, yes

Jan 20, 2018, 3:21 PM

gamers will be right at home.

If you’re into adrenaline, you could watch jake Bentley’s view

Jan 20, 2018, 4:19 PM

Of getting smacked in the mouth over and over

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That sounds awesome.********

Jan 20, 2018, 4:23 PM

Replies: 11