Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was wrong Saturday night and was correctly called out.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

I was wrong Saturday night and was correctly called out.

Sep 17, 2019, 3:29 PM

TL was not having his best game and I mentioned that maybe bringing Brice in would send a message and "calm" Trevor down. Judge Keller® called me out and LOL'd at me and I don't blame him one bit. I like JK and enjoy reading his post but he was right. First of all, I'm not on the dang field playing the game. I'm not in TL's shoes and I'm not Dabo, Tony, or Jeff so the best thing I can do going forward, is to do what is best for me and shut my dang mouth, let them play or coach. I need to just sit back and appreciate what Dabo, his coaches and the player have and are doing up in Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was wrong Saturday night and was correctly called out.***

Sep 17, 2019, 3:33 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD

Sep 17, 2019, 3:34 PM

We all get caught up in criticism during the game on single plays that aren't executed to perfection. That said, we are witnessing what will be the greatest era of Clemson football in any of our lifetimes. We should all enjoy the ride.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was wrong Saturday night and was correctly called out.

Sep 17, 2019, 3:36 PM

Now that's the way it's done. My daddy always told me, the smartest person in the room is the one who keeps his mouth shut, listens, and learns.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

So, your dad would say there are no smart men @ T-Net

Sep 17, 2019, 4:22 PM

Would that be correct, @Pig ? ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I was wrong Saturday night and was correctly called out. ]

Then that means that your daddy was a wise man bc people who continue to talk aren't saying anything worth listening to bc they haven't shut their mouth long enough to learn about anything worth saying. Now my mom use to say that those type of people are talking just to hear themselves talk bc what they are saying don't mean a hill of beans to anybody that's hearing them rum their mouth non stop!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't sell yourself short.

Sep 17, 2019, 3:42 PM

You're allowed to have an opinion. Chase Brice is a good and capable QB. Maybe sitting TL for a series or 2 would've been the best option.

What if... right after your post of "pull trevor out of the game", a Syracuse player unblocked on a blitz takes out TL16's knee and he's out for the season. Then your post would've been spot on because Chase would've been out for the season instead of Trevor.

Just don't second guess yourself is what I would say to you. Stick to your guns.

Sep 17, 2019, 3:44 PM

Much respect to you. T.U.

is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get

Sep 17, 2019, 3:44 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get

Sep 17, 2019, 3:46 PM

I don't believe he needs them.

Re: is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get

Sep 17, 2019, 3:48 PM [ in reply to is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get ]

Nah, he would have claimed to be an Aggie if that were the case

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen!

Sep 17, 2019, 3:49 PM

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem MFO..

Sep 17, 2019, 3:49 PM [ in reply to is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get ]

you've been under some unreal & sad family situations in recent weeks & months and TN is a great place to unload, vent and/or share opinions.

Hope your life & Family are getting back to normalcy.

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get

Sep 17, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get ]

points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

#### making a post to get points?

Sep 17, 2019, 6:01 PM [ in reply to is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get ]

Shocker

Yours or the OP's?***

Sep 17, 2019, 5:20 PM [ in reply to is this a post to get points? This seems like a post to get ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If only everyone else realized that.***

Sep 17, 2019, 3:46 PM

Sep 17, 2019, 3:47 PM

Well, America and Tnet loves a repentant sinner and a comeback

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what happens on TNET during a game stays on TNET

Sep 17, 2019, 3:53 PM

(which is unfortunate as many of us act like #####)

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Except that it's public and forever!***

Sep 17, 2019, 9:10 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 3:53 PM

It’s natural. I’ve done it maybe twice myself ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you were kidding - if that helps.***

Sep 17, 2019, 3:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought you were kidding - if that helps.***

Sep 17, 2019, 8:51 PM

Helps a little. :). They, the offense, showed off so much in the playoffs,I think a lot of us were spoiled.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

Re: I thought you were kidding - if that helps.***

Sep 18, 2019, 1:00 PM

We are spoiled Myfav, but there isn't anything wrong with that. We were sad and with a broken ?? for about 35 years, we deserve being spoiled I think!!!

I never went that far but I did question all the 50/50 balls

Sep 17, 2019, 4:01 PM

However I did say that I trust the coaches. One of the posters on here, whom I’ve probably given over 100 TUs since I joined, posted sarcastically that we’re only completely 50% of them to which I replied that we are not getting anywhere near half of them. At that point I got a smart alec gif in response. All I did was state a fact.

In hindsight I could’ve kept my thoughts to myself but I’m not going to apologize for stating a fact. It’s Tuesday and I understand it’s part of the process. We know the coaches hold back on the playbook offensively. They don’t show more than they have to. It’s what they do.

All this to say MyFO that this is a message board. I’ve made plenty of dumb posts. I will make more. I’ve made good, fair posts and have gotten negative responses for them. The bottom line is don’t hold anything against that poster and hopefully no one holds anything against me for posting in the moment. You’re a good guy and a big Clemson fan. We might scold someone or get scolded in the moment but we are all Clemson fans minus the trolls of course. There are bigger things in life than a message board or even football for that matter. What I know is that it takes a genuine person to admit when they’re wrong and genuine people are in short supply nowadays. Keep doing what you’re doing brother.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never went that far but I did question all the 50/50 balls

Sep 17, 2019, 4:04 PM

Well said. Plus one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never went that far but I did question all the 50/50 balls

Sep 17, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to I never went that far but I did question all the 50/50 balls ]

We want "truth not facts!" :)

I think it is perfectly okay to make observations like that.

Sep 18, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to I never went that far but I did question all the 50/50 balls ]

Part of watching sports is talking it through, having opinions, listening to others, changing opinions, etc. Sometimes message board expectations grow to the point that every post is supposed to be a Grantland Rice piece, but conversations are not like that. For the record, yes, it seems like we just threw up a lot of balls.

Sep 17, 2019, 4:12 PM

MyFO, you know I’m a fan (of you) mainly because you have always exhibited moral character, integrity, and to my knowledge, have never said a mean spirited thing to a fellow tnetter, or anyone else for that matter. Anybody who has spent ANY time on this board also knows of your love of Clemson. This ‘apology’ is yet another example as to why. And as you say, Judge Kellar, too, is a stand-up guy who ALSO loves Clemson. I haven’t seen the post of which you speak, but somehow don’t think JK ‘called you out’, rather just disagreed with you on your ‘suggestion’.

Kudos to you - and TU - for yet another class act.

(Now I’ll go try to find your post! lol)

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 17, 2019, 4:29 PM

He was letting me know that I was wrong, nothing personal.

Thanks for the kind words. Really means a lot!

If the other of these "so-called fans"..

Sep 17, 2019, 4:35 PM

Could follow in your footsteps...

Because there were a lot of "bench trevor posts" on here Saturday night...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2019, 4:41 PM

I have been thinking a bit about the offense through the first 3 games... and am wondering if some of the passing game misses are partly due to us playing about 8 different receivers. Also, there are a few that should have been hauled in for completions and even TD's. Last year, Bama was hitting on all cylinders in Sept/Oct and we was not, then we were in Jan and they were not so I have to bite my tongue and let the coaches coach them up and trust by game 6 or 7 they will settle into a receiver rotation and we will light it up!

Go Tigers

Sep 18, 2019, 1:10 PM

Yep, I've said that same thing, nobody is finding their Grove bc they're not getting enough Ball's thrown to them, and they're not finding that QB/Receiver chemistry....

Dude, you have earned the right to post what you want.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:10 PM

Even if it was to bench the best player on the team. ??

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude, you have earned the right to post what you want.

Sep 17, 2019, 8:57 PM

I'm not benching Simmons!! :)

touché***

Sep 18, 2019, 5:47 PM

Sep 17, 2019, 5:37 PM

No need to apologize - Myfav - don’t know that you were wrong ... Sometimes the best thing to do is to let the QB sit a series , observe the field - and settle down.... -:)

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 17, 2019, 5:56 PM

defenses have been watching tape all off season on lawrence so know his tendencies....he just needs to adjust some.....but ross had some drops and lawrence still been making some serious throws.....i wouldnt of sat him at all unless injury or blowout...you let him make adjustments.....also clemson coaches are throwing more stuff at him....hes now allowed to audible and plays are now more about his decision making.....just a part of being a qb....this guy is really good....hes ahead of watson at this time and thats really saying something....i live in delaware and when i have a clemson hat or shirt on someone says something to me all the time bout lawrence....just enjoy the moments this doesnt come as easy as it has looked last few years.....

I remember more than several posters also called for DW

Sep 17, 2019, 6:09 PM

to be benched several times during the NC season. Probably during and after the Pitt game.

That was polite of you to apologize. My question is...

Sep 17, 2019, 6:10 PM

Is the Judge gonna make 15 or so of these apology poasts during the basketball season?

I’m leaning towards no.

~JKB

He’s already apologized for Brownell 15 times over. ??***

Sep 17, 2019, 7:56 PM

Sep 17, 2019, 7:58 PM

Did you lose a bet or something which required you to publicly apologize?

Sep 17, 2019, 8:48 PM

No. Just don't mind admitting I was wrong.

Sep 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

I've always heard that it takes a better man to admit when they're wrong, I just haven't seen anything that you said that was wrong. Maybe those that were offended by what you said, maybe they're the ones that need to check themselves bc you have the right to have your own opinion!!! And that is the name of that tune!!!!!!!

Sep 18, 2019, 12:30 PM

Myfav, you have been a friend of mine on this site for a long time, I've never read a negative post that you've made on here to date, and I still don't see where you have. You have a right to your opinion just as any other poster even though there are some that are opinionated, then they will abuse your right by TD-ing your post only bc it's not their opinion. But what you're apologizing for, I see no harm in what you said personally.

Sep 18, 2019, 10:42 PM

play/make mistakes/ learn from them/ win game ---repeat

on bench /no mistakes/ dejected player / lose game ---repeat

Sep 19, 2019, 3:28 AM

He's not a real judge .

I do believe your reassessment is on track though . It's tough , I do the same thing from time to time
. Means you're passionate about something and sometimes we let ourselves get ahead of the game , instead of just letting things happen and enjoying the overall experience .

Bravo for the recant . +1 MoFavO

DB23

Ozell Alberson told me a joke one time.

Sep 19, 2019, 5:12 AM

After the wedding the young man and his bride were riding in the buckboard wagon to the big city for their honeymoon. As they rode along the dirt trail the horse stopped dead in his tracks for no apparent reason.

The young man got down off the wagon, walked to the front of the horse, looked him dead in the eye and said, 'That's once.' Later the horse stopped again and the man repeated the previous action and said 'That's twice.'

When it happened the third time the man got down, walked out front of the horse, pulled his pistol and shot the horse in the head. The young bride screamed out 'Why did you do that?'

The young man turned to her and said, 'That's once.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic