Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on

May 25, 2018, 10:30 PM

Mickey Plyers show a couple of weeks and he said that Pickens would commit to USCjr soon, but that it wasn’t final. Muschamp pushes players to commit before they’re ready, that’s why they still take visits. Also for those still upset about JB remember he was a 3rd team DT at Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on

May 25, 2018, 10:33 PM

#### Belk was further along than XT(4th string) and Henry(5th string)?

May 25, 2018, 10:37 PM

So? They play different positions and we have more depth and talent at DE. Belk was still the 6th or 7th DT out of 7, we’ll sign 4 DT this year.

May 26, 2018, 6:54 AM

Belk was 4th team because he was only here a few moths. Nobody expected him to play significant time this year. It's next year and beyond that he would have had a big impact. We lose our top 3 DTs after this season, so it's very likely that he would have moved into a potential starting role next year. Even if we sign someone in the next class he would be a year behind what Belk would have been.

May 26, 2018, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on ]

You just proved dudes point. “We have way more depth and talent at DE”
That’s why he’s concerned we lost Belk. DT depth

Not

May 25, 2018, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on ]

Nm

May 26, 2018, 2:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on ]

JDude43 said:

#### Belk was further along than XT(4th string) and Henry(5th string)?

Try again ....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 10:33 PM

The Belk issue was about 2019.*****

May 25, 2018, 10:35 PM

Re: The Belk issue was about 2019.*****

May 25, 2018, 10:45 PM

We’ll be fine in 2019, this staff will sign 4 DT. I know some say he was a 5 star, but he is nowhere as talented as DL90 or CW42. Plus rivals had him as a low 4 star.

We have 3 returning DT's in 2019.

May 25, 2018, 11:15 PM

We could have really used him and he has the talent and ability to possibly start for us. He very well might have been in 2019 That was a big loss. I don't think anyone we have coming back in 2019 are as good as Wilkins or Dex. That's a very high bar.

Re: We have 3 returning DT's in 2019.

May 26, 2018, 1:33 AM

He might have the talent, but to succeed at this level you need drive, determination, and a strong work ethic, you also can’t be afraid of competing. He wasn’t competing against boys anymore and so he ran to a place with no competition. Clemson will sign 4 DT this year and I am very confident several will be more talented than Belk.

He may have the work ethic and drive.

May 26, 2018, 6:14 AM

We really don't know. I know our staff wanted him and that says a lot. I trust who they think is worthy.

May 26, 2018, 6:05 AM [ in reply to We have 3 returning DT's in 2019. ]

keywords here is lazy and primodonna. He saw that we was got going to a 2 deep. Was not going to get much or any playing time. Do not recruit lifetime coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2018, 7:11 AM

I never saw any reports that said he was lazy. I remember hearing that he was playing really well. Perhaps the coaches old him that a few DLs were going to go pro and he would get an early opportunity. Who knows?

What's annoying is that he's going to sit out this year anyway, so why not just stick it out here?

May 25, 2018, 10:42 PM

Understood but we need some good news like a stud 5* steals or anything. Can’t believe both he and Deal aren’t going to play for Clemson and along with belk and HJ leaving it’s just going south. Need to turn it around.

That and can’t stand the coots beating us out with anything!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 11:07 PM

They are not. It's just like the Otre Smith situation. He couldn't take the heat and stayed out the kitchen. I don't think the Pickens thing is over by any means but if he stays with USCjr he was probably scared he couldn't compete.

USCjr will wow some recruits with 9ish wins next year due to an easy schedule. Fans will be riding high thinking Boom is the savior. Then UT and UF will get out the ditch and their schedule will toughen up and those 6 win seasons will be back again. IDC who they beat next yet they will still get thrashed by Clemson. Clemson's double digit win and 4th consecutive playoff appearance, ACC championship appearance, and 4 DL likely getting drafted in the first 2 rounds will open some young kids eyes.

Good news is that we are ranked No. 1 or 2 in the preseason

May 25, 2018, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I was listening to the Clemson rivals recruiting reporter on ]

polls. We have played in 3 straight National Football Playoffs! Panic should NOT be setting in for you. Going south?? Turn it around?? LOL!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good news is that we are ranked No. 1 or 2 in the preseason

May 26, 2018, 6:24 AM

It's not the players you miss out on that hurts your program. It's the ones that you GET and don't live up to expectations. USUCK will be behind us for years to come. Our talent is 4-5 star talent coached by some very good coaches. Their 3-4 star talent minus PIckens (not there yet) is coached by anemic coaching staff. I'll take ours all day long.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus we have depth, will have some big leads, and will...

May 26, 2018, 6:28 AM

be able to keep our players healthy.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic