Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I seem to recall coach announcers last year laughing at Jay Guillermo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 5,108

I seem to recall coach announcers last year laughing at Jay Guillermo

Dec 10, 2017, 8:35 AM

When he was pushed back by Alabama’s DLine. Someone even did an in-game article:
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/01/espn-megacast-film-room-alabama-clemson-college-football-payne-guillermo

But they didn’t make fun of D’ron Payne when this happened:
https://deadspin.com/clemsons-offensive-line-turned-daron-payne-into-a-block-1791038475

Alabama, you can get some extra cardio in between now and our little game but it won’t matter come 4th quarter. Our boys have been doing this football thing all year like this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

I'm pretty sure Jay Guillermo got the last laugh when he

Dec 10, 2017, 8:51 AM

slid on that National Championship ring while all those laughing coaches went home full of envy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm pretty sure Jay Guillermo got the last laugh when he

Dec 10, 2017, 9:01 AM

Guillermo and Payne battled all game last year. I liked their shared moment when the game ended, talking to one another while everyone celebrated around them. A classy look.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I seem to recall coach announcers last year laughing at Jay Guillermo

Dec 10, 2017, 9:01 AM

Actually they did talk about how well they blocked on that play. Of course when Jay was pushed it was 1-on-1 when Jay had a blocking sled it was 2-on-1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree they talked about it but they didn’t laugh at him like they did at Jay***

Dec 10, 2017, 9:12 AM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Dec 10, 2017, 9:22 AM

I stopped reading after the ESPN writer said Guillermo weighed 291 lbs. That is the definition of hack-journalism.

Last year Guillermo played at 305 lbs. The previous year he played 325 lbs.

ESPN was trying to write an article to fit their self-styled narrative. The narrative being that Alabama is bigger, faster, stronger than Clemson.

Of course, in reality Jay Guillermo played at 305 lbs. not 291 lbs., Clemson's players are arguably just as big-fast-strong, and Clemson wore Alabama out.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2017, 9:25 AM

What made you think of this and post it almost a year later?

My point was who’s laughing now?

Dec 10, 2017, 9:38 AM

Did you see my last sentence?

Alabama, you can get some extra cardio in between now and our little game but it won’t matter come 4th quarter. Our boys have been doing this football thing all year like this.

Re: My point was who’s laughing now?

Dec 10, 2017, 9:55 AM

I did, and I hear you on that.

I was just expressing my disdain for ESPN's hilarious unprofessionalism. We're going to beat them again this year and ESPN will really have to dig deep to find something to write about.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They’ll just talk about how unbeatable OU or UGAy is.

Dec 10, 2017, 12:59 PM

doesn’t matter which one it is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 10, 2017, 4:38 PM

But-----but------but------but the 2016 Alabama team was the greatest college football team ever assembled. It's true because I read and heard about it all last year.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 5,108
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic