Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know I'm supposed to hate Joel Klatt, but I let him talk.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I know I'm supposed to hate Joel Klatt, but I let him talk.

Dec 9, 2017, 8:19 PM

I was getting annoyed during the first minute... but I let him finish his argument and I have to say it makes a LOT of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX6Th5-kduY

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Joel Klatt, but I let him talk.

Dec 9, 2017, 8:26 PM

Dude I can’t put up with cranky Yankee Klatt. He can’t compare Georgia to O310 st by saying yeah well Georgia almost lost by the same amount to Auburn as O310 st did to Iowa. It’s Auburn and IOWA!!! There’s a huge difference!!!!! He’s just cranky that his BIG10 teams that he and FOX sports cover/promote didn’t achieve anything significant this year...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he is an arrogant ########, but he is right on this

Dec 9, 2017, 10:15 PM

There is too much subjectivity with the committee now. It would be much better if they just decided which conference champ to leave out, then seed them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know I'm supposed to hate Joel Klatt, but I let him talk.

Dec 9, 2017, 11:19 PM

before the miami game he felt we should be left out. cowherd said along the line of, ' so your telling me a one loss ACC champ Clemson should be left out? Wow'

sorry he's an idiot

His position on some issues seems fair but he did...

Dec 10, 2017, 7:17 AM

sound a bit confused about the committee making up excuses to do what it/they want(s). It's fairly obvious if you flavor your view with least bit of objectivity.

There is no formula for picking the teams. It isn't math or science. It isn't black or white and probably will never be cut and dry. I believe the committee is climbing up a learning curve.

That doesn't mean the committee's success rate will be smooth without drops but there's a good chance it the can find a four team field that produces two good games someday. Until then we'll just have to settle for them including the best team and let them put three more in there for entertainment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got no use for talking heads with "hot takes" looking to

Dec 10, 2017, 9:07 AM

stir the pot for ratings.

There are a lot of'em.

To be more specific, his plan for picking the top 4 is the

Dec 10, 2017, 11:03 AM

best I've heard yet.

Upon listening to his most controversial soundbytes, I was convinced the dude was a Big12 homer-attention wh*re. But when I hear his breakdown of the flaws in the playoff, (he acknowledges Clemson is the most deserving team and its a shame we have to play Bama in round 1) and ESPECIALLY his plan to use the conference championships more effectively (get rid of divisions and always play two best teams in championship games and make the winner eligible for playoffs) I have to say his views have merit.

the 2 best teams played in each conf this year

Dec 10, 2017, 11:07 AM

except maybe USC. He is right USC should have played OOC scrubs like Alabama and they would have been in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I now agree that Bama should have not been allowed to be in

Dec 10, 2017, 11:10 AM

It has to be decided on the field. The "eye" test is largely arbitrary.

The good news is that the best 2 teams are definitely in, which is the REAL purpose of the 4 team playoff.

I agree that having the top 2 regardless is the ultimate

Dec 10, 2017, 1:41 PM

goal, and vast improvement, with the CFP. You definitely have that between CU, OK, and UGA based on the season and CCG's. Getting #4 right isn't as consequential IMO.

Anything that would allow conferences to get rid of divisions would be a huge plus. We leave a lot of potentially solid regular season games on the sideline each year amongst all the conferences, but especially in the ACC.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, his plan is the best I've heard to preserve the

Dec 10, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to To be more specific, his plan for picking the top 4 is the ]

importance of every game.

We HAVE to remove the popularity contest element of college football.

If Bama is so bad, why is it "wrong" we have to play them??

Dec 10, 2017, 11:13 AM [ in reply to To be more specific, his plan for picking the top 4 is the ]

Shouldn't we be excited that we get to play a team who can't even win their division?

Especially when we already beat the team who won the division.

Re: If Bama is so bad, why is it "wrong" we have to play them??

Dec 10, 2017, 5:07 PM

Bama is not "so bad!" I don't think anyone truly believes that. They will give us all we want in a virtual home game for them. If you pick #4 based on merit, it should've been Ohio State. If you pick it on "eye test" polls make it clear the majority think it should've been Bama. I prefer a merit based system.

The system is flawed even if you think Bama is deserving. By not playing in their conference championship they were afforded a bye to rest and not risk injury. The only options to fix this are: 1) only take 4 top ranked conference champs OR 2) expand to 5 or 6 to ensure lower ranked teams don't get a bye. I prefer 6 but a 5 team with Bama Vs OSU play-in game would've worked nicely this year.

This is fake news

Dec 10, 2017, 12:06 PM

Cowturd said he has a friend

It's basically an argument about BAMA

Dec 10, 2017, 5:01 PM

1. Bama made it in because they ARE Bama.

2. If Bama did not make the cut then all the biased talking heads would be screaming for a 6 or 8 team playoff next year to "fix the injustice".

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic