Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I have had several people say to me this week..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,887

I have had several people say to me this week..

Sep 19, 2018, 6:49 PM

That it doesn’t look like it’s going to be Clemson’s year or that they are worried about Clemson! What’s with this?
I’ve watched the games as closely as ever and I can’t find anything unusual that concerns me. Maybe we need to score a hundred Saturday to show the college football world that this is the same Clemson that they have followed for years now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to me it’s the same as the last 3 years. We looked sluggish first few games

Sep 19, 2018, 6:53 PM

When we won nc. Defense will keep score low and our offense will keep getting better. Hopefully we won’t have the random game where someone out gameplans us and scores 40.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have had several people say to me this week..

Sep 19, 2018, 6:54 PM

Etienne needs to touch the ball 20 times a game. Problem solved.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 7:01 PM

Clemson needs to continue building depth at all positions. Problems solved .... for years to come. Great job Dabo.

I feel like this is probably ridiculous, but here it goes:

Sep 19, 2018, 7:11 PM

We score 48 on GSU. That's a big number. I know there are 4q, and as long as we get the points it shouldn't matter. But we played 1/3 of the game against GSU before we scored.
How different would it feel if we scored 21 in the 1q? I think people would say we looked great and took our foot off the gas. Something about those 21 points not coming until under 10 mins in the second, leaving the whole first quarter scoreless, leaves folks feeling like this team is still trying to put it together. Then out of the half, where you expect a renewed vigor for the quarter, we scored 3.
Not complaining, its just what I think is happening. The stretch of not scoring in the first and only 3 points in the third against GSU leaves you waiting to see this offense consistently impose it's will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I feel like this is probably ridiculous, but here it goes:

Sep 19, 2018, 8:18 PM

Very nice summation. Just an odd week with the weather and time etc. and I’m glad it happened last week.

The only thing I’d add is the expectations on this team all spring and summer were not realistic. IMO, Clemson is the only one that’s stopped Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turnovers were the only downside of the GSU game

Sep 19, 2018, 9:17 PM [ in reply to I feel like this is probably ridiculous, but here it goes: ]

We had not been committing turnovers and suddenly we did.

It kept us out of the end zone when we were totally dominating on the field.

After we lost to Bama in '15...Dabo said they planned out

Sep 19, 2018, 7:16 PM

the entire season for '16..............and I am just guessing that one of the things they planned was keeping our starters healthy and FRESH for the course of the season...I want to see Etienne get a thousand plus.....but if he gets a hundred against the coots, a hnudred the next week, and a hundred each in the last two....I can live with it.......

Re: After we lost to Bama in '15...Dabo said they planned out

Sep 19, 2018, 7:31 PM

Well there was a reason for that. Remember Clemson played 9 consecutive weeks that year. That'll wear down any team. Fortunately the bye week has been closer to the middle of the year since 2016.

Yep, 30-24 vs Troy

Sep 19, 2018, 7:31 PM [ in reply to After we lost to Bama in '15...Dabo said they planned out ]

AND, Tigers won the National Championship! These fair weather fans were ready to jump back on the ####$ bandwagon after that game! Let's just let'em b!tch and moan and we'll find out who the real Tiger fans are. Win ugly, and I'm still here!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Sep 19, 2018, 8:28 PM

FWIW: It sounds like those people that are concerned do not understand the game of football. Plain and simple.

I remember people saying that to me

Sep 19, 2018, 8:32 PM

during the 2016 season.

That one turned out okay (as I thought it would).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it’s all about being

Sep 19, 2018, 8:46 PM

In sync and being on the same page. I think the o-line still has some work to do. On a side note it seems like the group that would put up the most points would be Tee, Amari, Justyn, Hunter, ETN, and Trevor at QB. You couldn’t double anyone and couldn’t stack the box because of the deep threats. Just my 2 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:07 PM

Are these people part of the coot community?

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,887
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic