Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate Duke, but that missed call on the Charge in OT was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I hate Duke, but that missed call on the Charge in OT was

Mar 26, 2018, 8:58 AM

the worst call by an Official in the Tournament, possibly this Year.

https://youtu.be/IJnpfvqZ6MI

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: I hate Duke, but that missed call on the Charge in OT was

Mar 26, 2018, 9:10 AM

game changer for sure

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will speak for @GWPtiger.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:14 AM

Why would you ever take Duke's side? Makes me question whether you not only hate Clemson, but America as well.

I don't need anyone to speak for me.

Mar 26, 2018, 9:20 AM

It was a terrible call, as was overturning the out of bounds call because I really don't think there was indisputable evidence to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You're taking Duke's side?*****

Mar 26, 2018, 9:22 AM

Let me see if I can help you out here...

Mar 26, 2018, 9:27 AM

1. The blocking call was awful, should've been a charge
2. The out of bounds reversal was wrong IMO because I don't think there was indisputable evidence to overturn the original call
3. Even though I thought the refs got it wrong in both instances, I was still hoping Kansas would win

Hth, if not I can type it slower for you...

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

All that support for Duke right there seems fishy.******

Mar 26, 2018, 9:30 AM

I wouldn't say it was a terrible call...

Mar 26, 2018, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I don't need anyone to speak for me. ]

Carter was still slightly moving and IMO did make an attempt to 'slide under' Newman.

I was glad to see it as I hate when a defender makes ZERO attempt to stop an offensive player and just stands in the way. Hes 7 feet tall trying to take a cheap #### charge on a guard? The block/charge is the absolute worst rule in sports and its a pure judgement call a very high percentage of the time. That crap cannot be rewarded.

As for the overturned out of bounds play, I never know what the whole 'indisputable evidence' means bc if you can tell the correct answer from watching the replay then you may the call. If you cant tell at all then you keep the call you have. In that case, I thought you could tell that the Duke player still had his fingertips on it last.

Re: I wouldn't say it was a terrible call...

Mar 26, 2018, 12:23 PM

Carter was dragging his right foot.

On the out of bounds it went out on the Kansas player's impetus. I would like to see a series of super slow motion slapped balls to see if any are not last in contact with the player with the ball.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless you're Mrs. GWP, probably not your best idea...***

Mar 26, 2018, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I will speak for @GWPtiger. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Poor Duke, them and UNCheat not protected by ACC Refs is

Mar 26, 2018, 9:54 AM

such a shame. NOT.

Re: Poor Duke, them and UNCheat not protected by ACC Refs is

Mar 26, 2018, 10:44 AM

you mean the same two schools that own 1/3 of this century's national championships?

and 9 Final Four appearances in the same span? (5 for UNC / 4 for D)

looks to me like they've done OK without "ACC Refs"

but why let the facts get in the way of your hate?

Mar 26, 2018, 10:20 AM

Agree....
The foul on Gabe instead of a tie up was bad too!

One questionable call against Duke...

Mar 26, 2018, 11:05 AM

And everyone goes bananas.

Plenty of worse calls out there this season.
Feel free to go watch Clemson vs Syracuse if you want to see worse calls....there are others but that one comes to mind.
And down the stretch in regulation Duke paraded to the foul line with minimal contact....while they apparently only fouled 4 times in a half.

No tears shed here.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:31 AM

I also thought it was a bad call but I will never shed a tear for Dook or UNCheat getting a bad call.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:42 AM

No. He should have contested the shot, instead of flopping.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:44 AM

Appears he was sliding into contact, and wasn't set. His right foot is moving, and he leans to the left as the offensive player was trying to move around him.

Close call that could go either way, but I think more often than not that will be a block (unless it's during ACC play).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That could go either way.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:44 AM

I would have called it a blocking foul if it was my call to make. Imo, when a guy is leaning to try and get his body centered on the shooter he's blocking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That could go either way.

Mar 26, 2018, 11:58 AM

Exactly, the most infuriating call is when the offensive player jumps to the side to avoid contact and the defender gets away with sliding a bit more and leaning in to get the contact.

It's similar to when players pump fake, get a defender in the air, and then jump laterally (no where close to a normal shooting motion) to initiate contact. In my opinion that should never be a foul, unless they begin to implement a flopping call.

lateral jump by the shooter

Mar 26, 2018, 1:15 PM

to initiate contact..

totally agree... shouldn't be a foul

and one of the dookies got just that call in the second half..Trent. stopped, jumped up to his left and put his shoulder into the defender as he threw the ball up.

let's see if this link works:

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=22912527

Re: lateral jump by the shooter

Mar 26, 2018, 1:49 PM

Exactly, that needs to be done away with. It's completely unfair to the defender, especially in this case, where he played good defense and the ref rewards an acting job by the Trent.

I know it's a big deal right now in the NBA with players complaining about the officials, but they aren't calling a lot of fouls where offensive players initiate the contact, and that's the way it should be.

If a defender is in position and plays good defense, it's not the ref's place to bail out the offensive player for flopping and taking a bad shot. That's honestly just trying to make the game a free throw contest, which is boring for all.

Re: That could go either way.

Mar 26, 2018, 12:16 PM [ in reply to That could go either way. ]

Agree. Watch his right leg. He wasn’t set and was moving left to get in front. I’d say Duke has gotten a lot more of these calls over the years than not. But they always have to whine about something when they lose.

Mar 26, 2018, 12:25 PM

Mikey will be the better man for working though this and understanding he doesnt get every single call

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Duke got screwed 20 times by the refs that game

Mar 26, 2018, 1:17 PM

they'd still have to get screwed a thousand times more just to make a dent in what they owe us.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic