Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I get it that ZC has maintained an edge over HJ in 100s of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

I get it that ZC has maintained an edge over HJ in 100s of

Oct 18, 2017, 9:30 PM

reps in practice, but it seems to me HJ is a gamer. When given the chance, he made the most of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

evidence?***

Oct 18, 2017, 9:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe the standard term is "Link?".***

Oct 18, 2017, 9:44 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see what your saying but when HJ

Oct 18, 2017, 9:50 PM

was in he threw 5 short passes with one to a wide open TE who no one expected it to go to. Not much to tell from that. Coaches know more than i do so i trust them with putting in ZC over HJ

Re: I see what your saying but when HJ

Oct 18, 2017, 9:52 PM

Does the name Cole Stoudt come to mind?

Oct 18, 2017, 10:00 PM

Get used to it... Same thing will likely happen when Lawrence gets in to town. Saying that if KB can get back healthy it's his job to lose by what happens on the field.

null

Oct 18, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I see what your saying but when HJ ]

Cut the coaches with some slack in that decision. They knew DW was the better QB but didnt know if he could make the correct reads, adjustments at the line of scrimmage Cole could with being a senior. They quickly moved DW as the starter after the 3rd game so i dont give them $hit for that. I mean think about it, how many of u would question dabo if he started a true freshman over a senior whose been in the system for 4 yrs against GA at their house.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:14 PM

Impossible to tell, but I suspect we lose that UGA game either way in 2014. The one I sort of quibble with is the FSU game week 3 after an open date. Truly believe that game never goes into OT and we get the W if Watson plays the entire game.

Oh well, I’ll take what has transpired the succeeding 3 years as compensation. Clemson fans, myself included, have so little to complain about over the last 3 years that we can obsess over a few details here and there.

Big picture....I wouldn’t trade Dabo and his staff for anyone else in CFB.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:53 PM

The UGA game was lost due to Chad's inability to adjust for the CB biltz that Pruitt kept on throwing at him. We left 21 points on the board against FSU, and had Alexander fall down on FSU's lone deep completion, we should have won that game regardless of how the reps were split between Stoudt and Watson.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I see what your saying but when HJ ]

That's a fair point but they do get to see these guys in in practice everyday. Watson trumps Stoudt in talent. There is no way you could watch that and say yea we need experience. Don't buy all that coach talk when it took Watson no time to adapt to the NFL.

null

I cut them some slack with the current QB situation......

Oct 19, 2017, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: I see what your saying but when HJ ]

I think they felt KB could go vs cuse.......but when he limped to outrun a DLineman he should've been pulled (it was obvious to EVERYBODY he couldn't be effective running and that's his game)..........I trust that ZC deserved the 2nd string shot vs cuse, BUT after a few drives of nothing happening IMO HJ shouldve got a shot to do something.

as for the DW4 to Cole situation it was botched. I had ZERO problem with cole "starting" at UGA for reasons you mentioned, however when the offense fell stagnant and DW4 got his shot..........he shined.............then never saw the field again until the game was out of reach in the 4th. I'll give us a loss either way there, but we beat FSU in Tally if DW4 is in the entire game.

Re: I get it that ZC has maintained an edge over HJ in 100s of

Oct 18, 2017, 10:47 PM

I believe bleedorange just made 78’s point on HJ. Yeah wide open TE but HJ checked out to that play. In fact Dabo even said he did great making the d reads and checked out to the correct option.

Mho is both kb and ZC have trouble reading the defense and going through their progressions fast enough. Both seem to get ancy too quickly and want to run.

Doesn’t mean either are bad qbs or that you can’t win with them. It’s just who has the highest ceiling etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I get it that ZC has maintained an edge over HJ in 100s of

Oct 19, 2017, 3:53 AM

The one that has the highest ceiling is the one that I would like to see with the ball in their hands. You just can't replace Talent at the QB position, and it wouldn't matter if the other guy ran a 3.7 or a 3.8 40 that none of them can do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic