Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hate to the debbie downer but do we deserve the #2 spot?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hate to the debbie downer but do we deserve the #2 spot?

Nov 15, 2017, 1:47 AM

Just asking a question here so dont get mad at me. I do think we are top 4 worthy right now but #2 is a little high just in my opinion but obv ill take it. I wasnt able to watch the fsu game sat night but watched a replay this morning and i have to say, that game was alot closer than the score. Fsu had many chances to score but Blackman could not deliver a good pass but the play call by Jimbo was, dare i say, almost perfect. Has me a little worried to be honest. I think the shots Blackman took early on made him play scared the rest of the game which forced the overthrows. Go back & watch his face after the Tre Lamar hit. When he got up he just looked scared/did not want to be there. I give him alot of credit for staying in the game unlike that one guy last yr (Bentley) after those hits by our D. But then again, Byrant missed alot of open downfield throws. The passes we're so used to seeing. The 1 on 1s, Wrs with 2-3yds separation but Bryant cant hit them. Sry guys, hate to be the downer, maybe its just me used to Clemson football the past few years and not expecting this different offense but im worried that we're too one dimensional, rely on our defense to make plays. We'll see

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to the debbie downer but do we deserve the #2 spot?

Nov 15, 2017, 2:14 AM

If not us then who? Okie has no D and Miami has played soft most of the year. Point being you can make a case for several teams being number two including CU as there is no dominant team.

Good thing is will be settled on the field so stop fretting.

It doesn't matter

Nov 15, 2017, 2:24 AM

I didn't care when OU and Miami jumped us in the other polls.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Nov 15, 2017, 6:48 AM

I don't know why anybody has a huge reaction to the polls every week. There's enough football left to sort things out in our case. The only poll that matters is the final poll and being number 1 is the same as being number 4. You're either proven to be the best or you're not. If Clemson wins out then we are in. If not then we aren't. It's that simple. Any and all debates about Clemson will be settled on the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on what you mean by deserve

Nov 15, 2017, 2:40 AM

We've had the toughest schedule by far and only stumbled in 1 game where our QB wasn't 100% and eventually had to come out. On the other hand, are we playing like the #2 team in the country? I'd say no. Just too inconsistent on the offensive side of the football to know what you're gonna get from week to week.

Recently, we've been too consistantly mediocre on offense***

Nov 15, 2017, 3:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recently, we've been too consistantly mediocre on offense***

Nov 15, 2017, 3:18 AM

Ill go with facts over innuendos, the committee has clemson #2. Thecchuckens are nowhere in sight another board is in complete meltdown. You'll probably find them all outside screaming at tgecsky in the morning in protest. lol bunch of pansies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 5:15 AM

Yeah , we kind of do . We have played the best schedule overall , have the best win out of the top 10 and now the others seem to be eating themselves .
When we banish Miami to the Orange Bowl on December 2nd, our high worth will be more clear to you I suppose, but until then it's just a " YES " .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 15, 2017, 5:30 AM

We’re as deserving as anyone.
Over the next three weeks we will have the opportunity to validate.
Every week of every season is about proving someone’s expectations either right or wrong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Nov 15, 2017, 5:44 AM

I would have had us at 4 but it will all sort itself out shortly

The CFP committee is showing us respect for who we are now

Nov 15, 2017, 5:52 AM

We've earned that respect and it's appropriate and kind of nice to see it recognized.

The committee knows that all this will get sorted out on the field over the next few weeks and things will be much clearer after Rivalry Week and the conference championship games.

Bama still has to beat Auburn and Georgia.

Clemson still has to beat SCar and Miami

Miami still has to beat Virginia, Pitt, and Clemson

Oklahoma still has to beat West Virginia

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First, dont ever say "don't get mad at me" on TNet

Nov 15, 2017, 6:45 AM

Your opinion or question is as valuable on here as anyone's. And if folks do,get "mad", then you've most likely made a good post because you've challenged someone's thinking.

My thoughts: this year we are as deserving as any #2. The chairman laid out the reasoning but one can make arguments for Miami or OU at #2.

Don't have a short memory. We had more true nail biters each of the last two seasons compared to this year. Because of the more conservative play calling working in tandem with our defensive prowess - we are in more control of the games. DW bailed us out at the end of many games.

Last years team was an exotic sports car that was awesome at times but often had to go into the shop for unintended maintenance - though nothing major.

This years team is like a Lexus. Well built, a little bit of flash, very reliable, and to be honest ....boring compared to the exotic. Also, it is just a more polished version of Danny Ford's Toyota.

Yes, the downfield passing success is concerning - but for now I'm going to enjoy this boring Lexus. But am going to hope the coaches can continue to tweak things to up the performance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First, dont ever say "don't get mad at me" on TNet

Nov 15, 2017, 7:16 AM

Don't have a short memory. We had more true nail biters each of the last two seasons compared to this year. Because of the more conservative play calling working in tandem with our defensive prowess - we are in more control of the games. DW bailed us out at the end of many games

This bears repeating...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First, dont ever say "don't get mad at me" on TNet

Nov 15, 2017, 7:47 AM [ in reply to First, dont ever say "don't get mad at me" on TNet ]

Nice car analogy.

I will only add, at this point in the season the cfp could just as easily have said,

"In no particular order , the following teams are ranked in the top 4, AL, Clemson, Miami, OK" As Dabo said, the only one that matters is the last one. We win, we in.

By this logic bama doesnt either***

Nov 15, 2017, 7:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you going to feel when we jump to #1 in 2 weeks

Nov 15, 2017, 8:31 AM

after Awbarn beats Bammer? Enjoy this and let the haters and yard birds fret and writhe in misery

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Yes.***

Nov 15, 2017, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Simply - yes! Based on

Nov 15, 2017, 8:43 AM

our SOS and wins over teams with winning records. Nuff said.

Did you really want to risk an INT that would have flipped

Nov 15, 2017, 8:51 AM

the game in a heartbeat? We had already fumbled the ball twice but still had the lead. I support KB's decision to tuck it and run.

Nov 15, 2017, 9:02 AM

If my memory of math long since forgotten is correct, then there are 10 different orders that you can put the top 4 in, and I think this is one poll that you could actually make a case for any one of them. Like many have said, the next three weeks will change a lot, but we control our own destiny. That is a better situation than I expected to be in at this point.

Nov 15, 2017, 9:04 AM

We should be 1 Alabama schedule is dog ish.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2017, 9:13 AM

Yes we deserve the number 2 spot, we had a lot more drama last year and look what happened. We had a lot of close games last year, this year we just wear out the opponent towards the end of the game and win....no one thought we would be here except Clemson. We have the talent and the passion to win and that's what we are doing.

Please define this "deserve" thingy....***

Nov 15, 2017, 10:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's definitely up for debate

Nov 15, 2017, 10:13 AM

but as was pointed out by some pundit (can't remember which one) Alabama did what championship teams do and pulled out the win over Miss St.

was it pretty? no
was it a win? yes

you aren't going to win every game by 20+, but finding a way to win is a what it is all about. you aren't going to be 100% every week.

are we beatable? absolutely
do we come through in the stretch and win some close ones? yes

i've always thought that style points and the eye test are BS measures. who cares if you win by 100 or by 1? when you are getting everyone's best effort and keep winning, you are doing something right.

i don't know if we are the 2nd best team in college football, but we are winning that's all that matters

KB seemed to lose confidence in downfield passing after one

Nov 15, 2017, 11:05 AM

pass, his first one, in NCSU game. And Dabo really hates turnovers, which may be a reason? I hope he gets his confidence back this week and throws like he did in first part of season, runs less, and hands off more?

Re: KB seemed to lose confidence in downfield passing after one

Nov 15, 2017, 11:12 AM

All this talk about KB losing confidence in his downfield passing. Please. Can we stop with this nonsense and support the man instead of picking apart the little crap? Clemson is ranked #2, deserved or not, the committee put Clemson there for a reason. KB is the quarterback and leader of the team, and he has done it without the help of Mike Williams, Leggett, Scott, Gallman. It's a different offense this year, after 10 games, you'd think some would be used to it by now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you can make a pretty good case for both Miami

Nov 15, 2017, 11:11 AM

and OU. We still have better wins than Miami, but they are undefeated. We beat VT on the road whereas they beat them at home. We beat Auburn at home and they beat ND at home (albeit much more impressively). Beyond that our schedule has been much tougher.

OU has arguably the best trio of wins in CFB. Road wins at Ohio State and OK State plus the home blowout of TCU. I think that's more impressive than Auburn at home, and NC ST and VT on the road. They also lost a pretty darn good team in Iowa State. That's certainly a "better loss" than Syracuse. I think the rest of our schedule is a bit tougher than theirs, but i am a bit surprised OU isn't ahead of us.

Nov 15, 2017, 11:14 AM

null

Deer Debbie

Nov 15, 2017, 11:51 AM

Deer Mrs.Downer (NOT THAT I'M ASSUMING YOUR GENDER or MARITAL STATUS)

CLEMSON DESERVED #1 at the beginning of the season. CLEMSON WILL win every game left in front of them. So, you're incorrect in your assessment. CLEMSON DESERVES #1 and will more than likely have it when the dust settles. GO TIGERS!

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic