Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got this from Bill Hudson's family about a year ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,751

Got this from Bill Hudson's family about a year ago

Dec 23, 2017, 11:33 AM

Got it hanging on my hallway wall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know about..but please tell the Younguns a little about Billy.

Dec 23, 2017, 11:49 AM

TIA Cmoney.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know about..but please tell the Younguns a little about Billy.

Dec 23, 2017, 12:03 PM

I don't know much about him. His niece, i believe, works in my dad's office. I have an autographed chargers card from him and his west endzone construction helmet. I know he was a big part of getting the west endzone done and put a lot of time and money into it. He was part of the fearsome foursome on the chargers team in the early 60s. He was an all star in 61. He owned a big business and gave to many charities in the upstate. From all I have heard he was a great man and a Clemson man for sure. He won an ACC championship at Clemson and an AFC championship at San Diego. He was a great man on and off the field from what I know. It is pretty awesome for me to get some things from him especially because I am also a Chargers fan. I wish I would have gotten to meet him.

Dec 23, 2017, 12:23 PM

His son Bill played OL on 78 11-1 Gator Bowl Champon Team and believe he played some pro ball too along with Steve Kinney and the Bostics.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 12:43 PM

Bill Hudson's son went by Alex while at Clemson. Alex actually played on the '81 Championship team. I know 'cuz I roomed with his sister her first year at Clemson. All 3 of the kids went to Clemson, and evidently the youngest daughter is married to the SC state atty general. Someone from Sparkle City told me that. I don't now since I didn't hang out with them...I just roomed with his sister her freshman year. But I had no idea her dad had done all that stuff when I roomed with her.

My father in law Chad Davis was Bill's pastor in Spartanburg

Dec 23, 2017, 12:48 PM

ha and his brother, or cousin JC (can't remember which) both played @ Clemson if I remember right. My dad and JC were hunting buddies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,751
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic