Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good read on the whole Kavanaugh saga:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 457

Good read on the whole Kavanaugh saga:

Sep 17, 2019, 4:47 PM

It’s a messy world and we’d like for there to be karma enough for the good guys to always win and the bad guys to pay.
This is one of those times, that we’ll probably never know the truth.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/pogrebin-kelly-kavanaugh/598159/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Appreciate you posting it, but

Sep 17, 2019, 4:53 PM

In full admission, I’m probably too far over the whole thing to read it—-it feels like the media are flogging a dead horse mercilessly at this point.

It’s like day three of coverage of baby Jessica being in the well.....we get it, she’s in the well—pull her out or stop talking about it.

In other words, (to the media), post a pic of him giving some drunk coed a pair of Arabian goggles, or ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That’s basically where I am too. The amount of energy the left

Sep 17, 2019, 8:10 PM

has put into trying to convince us that Kavanaugh was a pig 30+ years ago is mind blowing. And to do so in so embarrassingly a transparent fashion. They, and the media, deserve the mockery they get. And the indifference in the next bombshell, regardless of the target. Cried “Wolf!” About 7,000 times too many.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Still no evidence Kavanaugh mistreated anyone....

Sep 17, 2019, 5:09 PM

Just pissed off Dems afraid that Kavanaugh might represent overturning Roe v Wade....

So, you’re of the opinion that it’s all made up?

Sep 17, 2019, 5:18 PM

Surprising.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did he do some crazy things as a teenager?

Sep 17, 2019, 5:21 PM

Yeah, probably, we all did...

Did he assault anyone, you gonna have to show real evidence, not just a Clinton lawyer pushing a narrative cause Kavanaugh helped investigate Slick Willie...

Whole thing smacks of a revenge conspiracy.

You are a serious sucker***

Sep 17, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to So, you’re of the opinion that it’s all made up? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Still no evidence Kavanaugh mistreated anyone....

Sep 17, 2019, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Still no evidence Kavanaugh mistreated anyone.... ]

You would have to be pretty naive to think that Roe v Wade will ever be over turned. Kavanaugh was their first choice because of his role in ushering in Citizens United, and that his appointment all but guarantees that it stays the law of the land, meaning corporations and special interests will continue to corrupt our democracy with unlimited campaign spending.

But here we are still talking about something he did while he was drunk in High School, and not the real, long term. ramifications of his appointment. And it really is a shame the Evangelicals believe that the GOP has any intent of over turning Roe, at best they will fight it in the state courts but know full and well that any effort to repeal it on a federal level would be a death sentence for the party.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, but that doesn’t stopped crazed Dems

Sep 17, 2019, 5:25 PM

From thinking that’s what he’s up to...

Sep 17, 2019, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Still no evidence Kavanaugh mistreated anyone.... ]

Balm, think the point is that the States will chip away at Roe and land particular cases before SCOTUS. Once they chip away at the State level Roe can be Federal Law but gutted by ruling for individual States. At least that is my take on it, Roe at a Federal level will not be over turned but neutered by rulings at the State level.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:38 PM

This will be done under States Rights issues on funding, timeframes, heartbeat bills etc........

So essentialy you can still get an abortion but only under very specific guidelines that would effectively eliminate most if not all.

I don't believe that.

Sep 17, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Still no evidence Kavanaugh mistreated anyone.... ]

If either side wants to change the law all they have to do is take the whitehouse and congress. Dems have used the courts to liberalize our law for decades.

If the dems really believed that Roe v Wade belongs in the constitution they would legislate it into law instead of using the courts to do the dirty work. It would then take an act of congress to change it. Why haven't they?

The same reason you say pubs won't change it now. RvW should be congress' concern.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't believe that.

Sep 17, 2019, 7:23 PM

If either side wants to change the law all they have to do is take the whitehouse and congress. Dems have used the courts to liberalize our law for decades.

If the dems really believed that Roe v Wade belongs in the constitution they would legislate it into law instead of using the courts to do the dirty work. It would then take an act of congress to change it. Why haven't they?

The same reason you say pubs won't change it now. RvW should be congress' concern.

I agree...in theory.

The problem is the fact that we no longer live in a representative democracy. The Senate is getting to be a problem because it's a corrupted co-equal branch; Wyoming (population 577k) has exactly the same representation in Congress as California (population 39.56 million) or Texas (28.7 million.)

Yes, I know this is a holdover of the original big state/small state compromise that allowed the United States to form in the first place, but it's an anti-democratic anachronism that's long past outlived its usefulness, and it's encouraged the Republican Party to go away from soliciting votes to playing win-at-all-costs hyper-partisan politics. Add in the fact that the Republicans gerrymandered the heck out of the congressional districts in the House and you've got one party essentially doing its best to short-circuit democracy itself...to the benefit of no one.

When one citizen no longer equals one vote, there's a problem. It basically means that even though an overwhelming majority of voters support Roe v. Wade, there's essentially no democratic path past the Senate and Mitch McConnell, whose sole purpose seems to be to make votes in the Senate not happen...it's the most dangerous and reductive form of politics I've ever seen take root in this country and it'll destroy us from within if it's not corrected.

The problem is, I'm not sure there really is a path for the people to be heard anymore. It's a long way back from where we are...which paradoxically benefits the incompetent blowhards like Trump, since populists thrive in dysfunctional environments.

You don't understand secular folks.

Sep 17, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Still no evidence Kavanaugh mistreated anyone.... ]

There standard for right and wrong is what they believe. Everyone who doesn't believe what they believe is a heathen, unworthy of truth, due process or fair treatment. It's ok to lie to the heathen or about the heathen. Why? Because anyone who doesn't believe what they believe is evil, satan incarnate, deserves helll if they believe in helll and damnation here on earth if they don't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I refrained from commenting on Ford's testimony until...

Sep 17, 2019, 5:49 PM

her story started showing holes and weak spots. Imo, if people didn't want her story to be true they could see she's a liar.

She lied to America when she said she didn't fly because of her nerves just to get another week to prepare. She didn't have to make excuses for wanting another week, dems in congress would have driven to Cali to pick her up if she asked.

She didn't know what day her relative was buried. Confused? No, just careful which lie she was telling and who she was telling it to. She had a witness but the witness said she didn't know Kavanaugh. That sounds like the witness was telling everyone Ford is a liar.

Well, now you have two women contradicting one another. Be a man and pick the one that's most believable not the one who you desperately want to believe. Even Ford's lawyer said part of Ford's motivation for bring the allegation was political. There are many more indicators of Ford's dishonesty but I can't remember them because it was fairly obvious that nothing would come of Ford's accusation.

Still, in the face of all the evidence indicating Ford concocted this, I believe you believe she was telling the truth. Wonder why?

Fords lawyer was Max Steyer!

Sep 17, 2019, 6:14 PM

He is responsible for starting the latest rumor with NYTimes! He would not be interviewed by the FBI! He was a Clinton lawyer defending Slick Willie in the Lewinsky case! Kavanaugh worked for Ken Starr!

IS THE REVENGE CONSPIRACY NOT CLEAR??

I can't assign motivation on this.

Sep 17, 2019, 6:27 PM

I'm not claiming to know his heart but I can say I firmly believe this is political.

Re: Good read on the whole Kavanaugh saga:

Sep 17, 2019, 7:31 PM

No evidence. No witness corroboration. FBI did not pursue because of same. Jesus, please stop.

And there is this:

https://www.newsweek.com/christine-blasey-ford-attorney-debra-katz-roe-v-wade-video-politically-motivated-testimony-1458217

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 457
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic