Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone recal if Alabama has ever...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Does anyone recal if Alabama has ever...

Oct 18, 2017, 7:42 PM

Played a game on a Thurs or Friday. For that matter, has any upper echelon SEC or Big10 team played on a knock off day?

Just wondering as I think Clemson having to play on Friday at Syracuse was a significant handicap for the Tigers. Still should have won but clearly the team, especially the defense was out of whack. The offense and kicking game were hampered by injuries for sure but something was up with the D.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone recal if Alabama has ever...

Oct 18, 2017, 7:52 PM

Not to avoid your question, but if you claim to be #1, you will take all comers anywhere and anytime. Clemson could have beaten Syracuse any night of the week at any location, but for a variety of reasons, they chose not to. Not slamming the team, coaches or players, they just didn't play up to the standard and Syracuse was the beneficiary of finding them in a weak moment. You live, you lose, you learn and you move on. Next team up will see the real Tigers.

Oct 18, 2017, 8:12 PM

Your point is well taken, I do not disagree at all. Was just trying to recall a Friday game for one of the other "contenders". I do believe it puts the away team at a disadvantage and don't see the "Aabamas" of the college football world being put in that situation.

Oct 18, 2017, 8:38 PM

agree.just a bit curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Let me answer you..Bama & SEC would NEVER allow Tide to be embarrassed!

Oct 18, 2017, 8:50 PM

Nuff said!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this way Alabama has 8 home games every year ?

Oct 18, 2017, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone recal if Alabama has ever... ]

Anybody ... anytime ... anywhere ... as long as its our house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 18, 2017, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone recal if Alabama has ever... ]

"Next team up will see the real Tigers. "

Curious as I probably missed it - did we fix our QB situation? Who is our QB starter for the GT game? I have not heard yet.

I agree, the road team on a Friday game is at a big

Oct 18, 2017, 9:38 PM

disadvantage after playing the previous Saturday. But we should have won. We just weren't ready for how much improved Syracuse was. Also, Cuse quarterback Dungy is one of the toughest to defend in the country. He is really good. As for the Friday disadvantage, it is, but we on last year on a Friday at Boston College 56-10. Almost beat them as bad as we beat South Carolina 56-7.

Oct 18, 2017, 9:46 PM

I think they have played Auburn on Friday, day after Thanksgiving. So yes but not the the same as a regular season game in middle of season as that's a rivalry and last game of the season.

null

Oct 18, 2017, 9:50 PM

Should have added disadvantage or not should be enough to keep the teams attention in the near future. Be prepared especially on a short week

null

Oct 18, 2017, 9:48 PM

The Sec would never approve it and ESPN would never ask that of them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2017, 8:46 AM

The SEC made #2 ranked Auburn play on the road on a Thursday night in 2006.

The SEC used to play big games on Thursday nights but stopped now that the NFL has been aggressive on Thursday nights.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

That Auburn game was over a decade ago...Tubberville was

Oct 25, 2017, 3:25 PM

still coaching them then

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 3:59 PM

I don't think any top tier SEC team will play on Thu or Fri PM. But they don't have a Swofford to throw them under the bus either. The only Thu matchup this year (besides opening weekend when they will play on a weeknight) is Ole Miss vs Miss St.

http://www.secsports.com/article/17538190/sec-releases-2017-football-schedule

On another note - who did Boise State p155 off that they have to play like every other Fri PM????

Oct 25, 2017, 4:10 PM

Ohio State opened with the Thursday night game this year. You could argue special circumstances with GameDay there and all. They still played on a weeknight though to answer your question. The important think here after reading all of the comments is that Clemson has/had no business losing to Cuse no matter where or when. They’d have lost that game on a Saturday too. Poor play and poor play calling. Friday night had nothing to do with it.

To put in another perspective...

Oct 25, 2017, 4:13 PM

Playing on Friday night hurts recruiting. Think about it. Recruits can not come to your game or even watch it on TV because Friday night is when they play. I know it was a road game so recruits weren't coming anyway, but my point is Friday night should be exclusively for high school Football.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic