Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think AL would have been 8-4 or 9-3 with our schedule?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Do you think AL would have been 8-4 or 9-3 with our schedule?

Jan 22, 2019, 8:28 AM

I’ll hang up and listen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think AL would have been 8-4 or 9-3 with our schedule?***

Jan 22, 2019, 8:35 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think AL would have been 8-4 or 9-3 with our schedule?

Jan 22, 2019, 8:37 AM

Do you think they would have lost 3-4 games with our schedule? If so , I’m curious to know who you think woulda beat them.

Jan 22, 2019, 8:40 AM

With their struggles against el cid I would of liked to see them play an option team with better athletes. Maybe GT or Georgia Southern.

I could see them struggling against Syracuse as well if Dungee had one of his on games. But no they wouldn’t lose 3 or more.

Jan 22, 2019, 8:58 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 9:05 AM

I think they may have had closer margins and teams would have scored a few more points but no, they would have been undefeated.

Bama is a great team and what we accomplished is nothing short of miraculous. They weren’t outmanned, they were out coached.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 9:43 AM

Their corners were outmanned

And etienne dragging two of their line backers for 5 yards, they look outmanned too

Well, get back on the line cause I need some responses.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:31 AM

Alabama is a good team which would have beaten everyone on our schedule except ND. I'm not sure about that one but it would have been the best game had they been paired in the CFP.

The truth is that Clemson is a 17 point better team than Bama this season. I attribute the other 11 points to Bama being blindsided by the talent on our team even after seeing it on film. Bama's coaches had a good plan but Venables knew what they'd do. Bama's defensive coaches had a good plan but were overwhelmed by Clemson hiding offense, the growth of Trevor between the ACCCCG and CLemson's insulation against fearing a loss.

It was our day. It was not their day. We are cycling in and they are cycling out. Our next year's stars handled Bama's starters while Bama's depth was the poorest I've seen in six or seven years. We exposed their lack of depth on both sides of the ball and coupled that with an overwhelming amount of superior talent then pounded them into the ground.

It gets much worse for Nick. His abilities lie with the type of football played 10+ years ago. He can't recruit a spread quarterback and he can't find anyone who can that will stay long enough to recruit and develop one. Nick and Bama will continue to win a lot of ball games but the glory days have come and gone. Nick will soon go with them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, get back on the line cause I need some responses.

Jan 22, 2019, 9:40 AM

Alabama would have blown out every team on our schedule including ND. ND would have lost 3 or 4 games in the SEC.

To whom?

Jan 22, 2019, 2:24 PM

We have to stop with this SEC meatgrinder BS. Who the heck is any good in that league? Bama? Then who? LSU? LOL. Auburn? LOL. UGA? Let me remind you they lost 3 games themselves this year. The league is mediocre. Take Bama out and they might be less than mediocre.

Re: Well, get back on the line cause I need some responses.

Jan 22, 2019, 12:42 PM [ in reply to Well, get back on the line cause I need some responses. ]

Can't recruit a spread QB? So are we claiming that Tua isn't good now or something? He may not be as good as Lawrence, but the dude is still very good.

I've said before.

Jan 22, 2019, 1:33 PM

Tua is a fine college quarterback but he's been challenged only a few times on a college football field. You saw what happened when he had to think on his feet. I predicted he would panic and see phantoms in our game. That's why I predicted a 17 point Clemson win which would feel more like 30.

Tua has tunnel vision. He reads a key defender and decides where the ball is going before the snap. Fortunately for him his receivers are almost always where he throws it. He can't adjust to a route and he can't check down except to dump the ball when things go haywire. Sometimes he can't do that.

KB and Tajh were about the same.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 11:23 AM

Playing the exact [regular] season schedule, they would go Undefeated just like us.
Their toughest home games would have been Syracuse and N.C.State and while they may be close they win them.
They would win the Conference Championship, get Notre Dame, and beat them, maybe not by 27, more like 2 TDs at best.
But using the same scenario, how do you think Clemson would have done playing Bama's schedule?
And I will hang up and listen.

Jan 22, 2019, 11:42 AM

Alabama would have been undefeated with our schedule.

I don't understand why everybody is trying to bash Alabama. They are a very good football team, and in most seasons would have been good enough to win a National Championship. Unfortunately for them, this year, they ran into a better team who had their number.

We should all just enjoy Clemson's season, with out feeling the need to belittle Alabama. If anything we should praise Alabama and embellish their season, because that just makes what we did to them, an even greater achievement.

Jan 22, 2019, 1:09 PM

why are people still fearful of Alabama? we beat them by 4 TDs. They would have gone undefeated against our schedule, maybe 11-1.

8-4? is that real? You think they'd lose to Wake?

no***

Jan 22, 2019, 2:19 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic