Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Benish on LW's podcast. Great interview.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 891

Dan Benish on LW's podcast. Great interview.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:16 AM

Crazy story how he was in the airport to visit Ohio St when Woody Hayes was fired and Hayes took all his recruiting files with him. Then, gets on a pay phone with Danny Ford and gets a ticket to Clemson instead while sitting at the airport.

Obviously, that's how we were able to get Mitch Hyatt to Clemson years later. Pretty wild story!

Also talks about how we had guys in yellow jerseys before the Bama game 2015, and he knew some guys had checked out (Obviously talking about Kearse, Mac Alexander) Boulware said the same thing on a previous podcast with LW.

https://clemsondubcast.podbean.com/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Phoenix national Championship game ? How does

Sep 18, 2018, 10:20 AM

ANYONE "check out" before the biggest game ever in their careers ?

Don't care what kinda paycheck is looming - no way these fiery competitors "check out" prior to their biggest game ever to date.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Check out what Boulware had to say also...

Sep 18, 2018, 10:24 AM

It's been confirmed by pretty much everyone. Boulware and Wilkins were having none of it the 2nd time around. Boulware stated in the podcast that the whole defense probably hated him in Tampa. He was organizing extra meetings early in the morning.

Re: Dan Benish on LW's podcast. Great interview.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:25 AM

I would say some didn't checkout but Alexander wasn't one of them. He was playing lights out until his injury just before halftime. If he doesn't get hurt that game is all Clemson. Alexander had complete control over the secondary and when he left it looked like the rest of the secondary wasn't talking, which led to those big plays that allowed Bama to get back into the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Benish on LW's podcast. Great interview.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:29 AM

There are a lot of rumblings from teammates that the coaches wanted Mac to go back in the game after halftime and he refused. Now, I'm not suggesting that he made the wrong decision because you've gotta protect your body. But he was cleared to play.

Replies: 4
| visibility 891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic