Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4....a little perspective
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,519

DW4....a little perspective

Sep 18, 2018, 9:08 AM

From ESecPN

Watson has been sacked seven times and hit a league-leading 21 times over the first two weeks of the season.

Spin: The Texans were the object of much preseason anticipation, largely due to the potential Watson showed in his half-season run in 2017. The first two games of 2018 haven't exactly worked out as planned as Watson is playing behind an offensive line that was rated last by Pro Football Focus heading into the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4....a little perspective

Sep 18, 2018, 9:13 AM

DW4 should be glad he isn't playing behind the line in Buffalo, worse than what he has by far. The bonus in Houston, much better receivers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True....Buffalo is a dumpster fire across the board...just

Sep 18, 2018, 9:16 AM

wish Houston would get a line to protect Watson...and wouldn't mind a new head coach either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, he's got incredible WRs, but a really bad OL.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:14 AM

Who did they lose from last year? I don't keep up with NFL enough to know.

The line wasn't much better last year...from what I've

Sep 18, 2018, 9:19 AM

read they did nothing to bolster the line during the off-season. Only 2 games in...maybe they'll improve.

The Texans added...

Sep 18, 2018, 9:35 AM

Henderson, Fulton and Kelemete this offseason, but I'm not sure any of these guys would start for any other team in the league. They'd be solid back-ups but not starters. The only draft pick was Martinas Rankin (their 2nd overall pick and 2nd pick in the third round).

The problem; it was a dreadful free agent offensive tackle class and to further compound the problem, Houston had no picks in the first or second round of the draft, so trying to upgrade four starting positions up front was like trying to find an $CU fan with common sense and intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

unfortunately its the norm for a first round drafted QB.

Sep 18, 2018, 9:19 AM

theres usually a lot of reasons why previous QB's are unsuccessful with certain teams. Texans needs to start accumulating insulation for their highly marketable and capable young QB or they'll miss their window. Losing Duane Brown last year was a huge whiff...

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,519
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic