Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DT seems to be our greatest need for 2019.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

DT seems to be our greatest need for 2019.

Feb 8, 2018, 8:05 AM

Losing Wilkins, Huggins, probably Big Dex with only 4 left on the roster after next year: Pinckney, Jordan Williams, Belk, and Jeffries. Should be able to get some good ones with a great chance for early playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And LB, secondary and OL..

Feb 8, 2018, 8:20 AM

But we definitely need at least 2 DT's... Really 3.

We lose the Davis twins, Joseph and Jalen Williams. Lamar could go too but doubtful. We should have Lamar, both Smith's, Skalski, Spector, Venables and Jones.. We will need 2 LB's next year.

In the secondary we lose Fields. Terrell and Mullen are draft eligible and so is Kvon Wallace who could potentially make the jump. We have 1 really good safety in Charleston committed and we need another and 2 CB's as well.

Hyatt and Facinelli are gone next year and I could see someone like Giella graduating and moving on. We only signed 2 this year and the number every year should be between 3 and 5. We will need to sign at least 4 next year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrell is not draft eligible next year -- he is a true Soph

Feb 8, 2018, 9:41 AM

next season. OL we'll probably sign 3 but probably not 4 unless we have transfers and/or if there are just an abundance of "Clemson" OL in this upcoming HS class. We have 3 guys that were RS this year + 2 incoming FR. The following year will be bigger for OL.

Re: And LB, secondary and OL..

Feb 8, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to And LB, secondary and OL.. ]

The staff knows our immediate needs, but I would not be surprised if we signed four OL prospects, three DL candidates and a number of LB and secondary commits. We need another QB, a RB and several WRs as well. While our depth in certain areas this year will be young and somewhat inexperienced, I know the 2019 class should be top notch as well.

Go Tigers!

Dabo says we will have room for 25 in 2019, add for any attrition

Feb 8, 2018, 11:14 AM

We will sign minimal 2 DT’s but 3 most likely. 3 LB’s, 1 safety and 2 DB’s, 1 DE for Defense.
2 WR, 2 TE, 3 OL, 1 or 2 QB’s, 2 RB’s for Offense. 2 athletes to fill safety/TE, LB, RB, WR roles.

Then a couple spots to fill any depth issues.

Another great class with larger numbers will secure yet another top 10 and most likely to 5 class. Not that it matters, this coaching staff knows talent and will get the right players for Clemson ??

Go Tigers!! ????

LB too******

Feb 8, 2018, 11:19 AM

With our scholarship numbers for 2019, no reason we can't

Feb 8, 2018, 11:48 AM

... no reason we can't get whatever we need.

Since low numbers seem to always hold us back in the recruiting rankings, 2019 may be our opportunity to land the #1 ranked class for the first time.

... not that it really means anything.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic