Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crytpocurrency
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 45
| visibility 1

Crytpocurrency

Jan 17, 2018, 12:52 PM

Anybody invested in one form or another? Tough couple days for the market. Saw today Mark Cuban will allow season ticket holders to pay for their tickets through bitcoin. Somebody call D-Rad about this!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crypto-currency...

Jan 17, 2018, 12:59 PM

was about to invest $1000 today for 1st time (on a Chainblock tech firm) but saw the $360,000,000 worth of losses for Bitcoin & others over past 10 days..

so i chickened out & now $1000 richer!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 1:07 PM

Well you're missing a great opportunity it sounds like! Ever heard buy low sell high? The crypto world is a seesaw on steroids

Jan 18, 2018, 7:26 AM

**** THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE DELETED IMMEDIATELY ****

Lest FGF figures out the funding source of Newspring!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Jan 17, 2018, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Crypto-currency... ]

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Invest now. It's about to snap back soon. I'm talking

Jan 18, 2018, 1:18 PM

I've tripled my money in one day. ??

Glad i didn't bow out during the sell off.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did set the bar pretty low for crypto.

Jan 18, 2018, 1:22 PM

"You mean this coin has only TRIPLED this year? Lame!"

Re: I did set the bar pretty low for crypto.

Jan 18, 2018, 1:27 PM

Ether, litecoin, bela, civic, tron, ripple for me.

I was kidding above but today is looking mighty fine in crypto world. ??

I even made a quick buck from doge coin. Got several thousand at 0.0000059 and sold at 0.0000085 last week.

Gotta get lucky.

I have a friend who has made over $100,000 profit in just a few months, that's what im hoping for lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of people with rich crypto friends these days.***

Jan 18, 2018, 1:36 PM

Ahh.. Crypto-currency... a money launderers new favorite

Jan 17, 2018, 1:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Crypto-currency... ]

friend. It definitely is a product that causes headaches for law enforcement and countries that try enforcing embargos. North Korea nd Iran are BIG bitcoin fans.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Well it's obvious where YOU learned a tad about crypto. haha***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:02 PM

Re: Crytpocurrency

Jan 17, 2018, 1:00 PM

Of course Cuban will, the bitcoin game is currently about market share and he has the funds if it fails. Other than the possible payoff of cashing out at the right time it is about successful as a real currency as a stack of trading cards. Some have already and will potentially make a lot of money, but those that are not financially stable outside of these currencies could also be ruined overnight. The technology behind it is the real value it adds to society, but it also makes it appealing to the criminal world.

null

And, the world's governments don't like not having better control of these $..

Jan 17, 2018, 1:05 PM

so S Korea, China, Russia & others getting wise and about to play bully ball by enacting structure (as in laws, taxation, red tape, etc).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some of coins that are regulation-friendly.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:33 PM

Ripple/xrp being chief among them. XLM is another, and TRX and NEO are probably going to have a special relationship with the Chinese govt.

Anyone who invests (in nearly any cryptocurrency) this week will make over %1,000 ROI by the end of the summer. I'm fully loaded so I couldn't buy during this latest huge dip. Learned my lesson.

Re: There are some of coins that are regulation-friendly.

Jan 17, 2018, 11:19 PM

Totally I agree. I loaded up on TRX, XLM, and XRP this morning.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if Mark Cuban's doing it, then by all means

Jan 17, 2018, 1:03 PM

I'll not do it.

Actually I do have a thimble full of Ripple. Just playin' money. Crypto is a greater fool's game. Run, don't walk, away.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:08 PM

I had a little etherium and litecoin. I sold all of my etherium last week at around 1380 a share which was about a 30% gain on what I bought it for. Unfortunately I kept all of my litecoin which is 50% what I payed for it currently. Not sure where it's going from here. Now's the time to buy if you're a gambler.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:10 PM

Well done on selling that ETH sir. So tough to time the market but you got that one nearly perfect

Jan 17, 2018, 1:08 PM

I had a little etherium and litecoin. I sold all of my etherium last week at around 1380 a share which was about a 30% gain on what I bought it for. Unfortunately I kept all of my litecoin which is 50% what I payed for it currently. Not sure where it's going from here. Now's the time to buy if you're a gambler.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:11 PM

First poast!

I'm invested. My portfolio took a small hit but it will bounce back. Fortunately, I don't scare very easy. If you know what you are doing, it could be a very good time to make some money.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:12 PM

Edit - First poast I can remember.....

Jan 17, 2018, 1:37 PM

So...etherium is like...uranium/North Korean futures' play...and litecoin is...an alternative-lifestyle 'asset'?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 1:40 PM

Invested and will be holding what I have, I have a small amount invested relative to my net worth so not worried at all about the last several days. I would invest that 1k in the next several days if I were you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here are my recommendations.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:41 PM

XRP, TRX, XEM, POWR, XLM, OMG, LEND, SC, and NEO.

I own XVG too but I am not recommending it right now.

One's I'm looking into soon, DRGN, ARDR, ADA, and XRB

I use Litecoin to quickly send assets among the exchanges, even though xrp is fastest, not all exchanges have it.

I got murdered by the latest correction (really more of a temporary collapse) but I had %1,200 ROI before that. I was too greedy to sell it and wait for a dip. Lesson learned.

Re: Here are my recommendations.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:47 PM

And obviously do your own research, but if you have any questions let me know.

Well

Jan 17, 2018, 1:58 PM

What about

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 17, 2018, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are my recommendations. ]

Do you have a crypto community that you are involved in that is open to the public (or just not super top secret)?

I'm not personally involved in any public groups.

Jan 17, 2018, 2:06 PM

From what I understand most "groups" that are looking for people are pump and dump scams.

I guess it depends on what type of group you are referring to.

I mean... I read reddit, Telegram and twitter like everyone else, and have a private group of people I trust to discuss strategies and research. But that's the extent of my crypto networking.

Jan 17, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are my recommendations. ]

Definitely check out Reddit and look at Stellar, Ripple, all types of crypto communities. Stellar I can say from firsthand experience is very welcoming especially to the newcomer

If you had $10k to play around with & it was your first dip

Jan 17, 2018, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Here are my recommendations. ]

into this - what would you suggest ? And how do you go about the purchase - I’m sure not through Schwab or others of similar ilk ???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: If you had $10k to play around with & it was your first dip

Jan 17, 2018, 4:10 PM

Getting money in is the biggest pain in the @ss right now.

When I got in I was able to use a friggin 0% interest credit card on Bitstamp (an exchange) that made an instant purchase. That window has been closed. Now it looks like Coinbase is the best exchange to deposit fiat (Dollars). There are two ways to do this. Credit Card or Bank account. Credit card is the fastest but they limit you to $300 a week. Bank account can be done two ways. Linking a bank account and doing a transfer (takes like 6 or 7 days) or going to your bank and doing a wire transfer using the account info on your Coinbase account.

To clarify about Coinbase, it's an exchange. (Like TD Ameritrade, but not regulated and FAR less fees)

The problem with Coinbase is that the available coins to purchase are limited to 4. I use Coinbase as a conduit to deposit fiat, and send it to other exchanges with much better options.

To be continued... kid is breaking something.

Jan 17, 2018, 4:36 PM

Ok...

So I would recommend XRP, XLM, LEND, NEO and TRX

XRP is the safest bet imo. It's backed by an actual company (Ripple). The token is intended to replace a very old and out-dated system for transferring money across international borders. MoneyGram, American Express and other large financial institutions are already working with Ripple. There is no real direct competition and they are saving banks like 90% on these transactions.

XLM is extremely similar to XRP but it is focsed more on small transactions/transfers of money. It usually follows xrp in profits and I consider it a profitable hedge against any unexpected catastrophe with Ripple.

LEND is another disruptive tech. (Good thing) It is decentralizing the lending of money. Essentially making loans peer-to-peer instead of needing to go through a bank. Beyond that, many experts consider it to be one of the most potential for profits in 2018 (in an insanely profitable field)

TRX is the riskiest (of the others mentioned) but I am convinced it will grow %10,000 over the next couple of years. It went from $.002 to .40 in a few weeks (do the math) and it shrank back to .077 (at the time I typed this) but it has a chance to be worth like $50 or more if they are successful on their plan. Plus the Chinese government has hinted that it will support it (It's Chinese)

NEO has been one of the best performing assets over the last 6 months. Growing steady (relative to the volatile, new market) and it has a lot of experts/insiders drooling at its potential. The Alibaba dude (Jack Ma) is the main backer and he is Asian Amazon guy.

Another break...

Jan 17, 2018, 7:24 PM

Coin base ups your limit once verified. I’m at $2500 a week to buy with debit card and $20,000 per week with bank transfer - you lock in at the price when you initiate, though it takes time to show in your account while transfer is in process. Can pull up to $100,000 a month - though that’s not gonna happen any time soon. Now is definitely a time to buy, even just a little bit.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Here are my recommendations. ]

I am invested in Stellar XLM. Love the vision, mission, and team in place. Not to mention the partnership with IBM and the upcoming launch of FairX will have a huge impact on the crypto world as a whole.

Jan 17, 2018, 3:15 PM

Really like XRB to take off

Jan 17, 2018, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Here are my recommendations. ]

Why would you not recommend XVG right now? I've been in and out of it several times over the past few weeks and done pretty well. I just bought back in this morning and I'm up about 30% for the day. Are you worried about whether it's as private as they claim?

I''l be honest, part of what scared me off was a bad rumor,

Jan 18, 2018, 1:03 PM

I knew that whether or not the rumor was true, XVG was going down. So I got out ahead. Then I got back in 2 days ago during the dip. I see it as a HUGE potential upside.

The reason I am not recommending it, despite owning some, is it looks like they don't have any purely original tech. It looks like they are simply piggy backing off of other platform/coins/software in order to offer something slightly different. My hope is that this won't matter and that the end result will be the first functional coin which is totally private, but only when you want it to be. Having the option to turn privacy on or off is unique and potentially huge.

Jan 17, 2018, 1:43 PM

If it fails how on earth will we pay our players?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 4:18 PM

Chicken grit and bird feed for the Coots .

Its called Clucktocurrency .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 17, 2018, 5:11 PM

I don't own any of the currencies, but do have at least 3 stocks that might benefit somewhat tangentially through blockchain technology infrastructure provision:

IBM - servers, software and cloud storage
ORCL - database software and cloud storage
INTC - chips and cloud storage

I'm no IT expert, but it looks like blockchain technology is going to be huge - and I have no idea how to invest in it without undue risk.

XLM is the tip of the spear with what IBM is doing.

Jan 18, 2018, 1:11 PM

...regarding blockchain.

Buying XLM (Stellar Lumens) will literally proit you hundreds of times more than IBM stock. That has already been the case over the last 6 months. It will continue.

Jan 17, 2018, 9:10 PM

Bought a little bit of litecoin a couple months back. Tripled my money in less than a week. Like everyone else I’ve taken a beating lately. But I am still up over 30%. I am going to let it ride and see what happens.

Jan 17, 2018, 11:16 PM

I've been day trading cryptos on Binance. I've tripled my money since I started in October. A lot of those gains came from XRP (Ripple).

Ripple

Jan 17, 2018, 11:26 PM

It’s like Vegas. It’s gambling.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ripple

Jan 18, 2018, 7:23 AM

Look, this is very simple to figure out. If one cannot explain cryptocurrency in a paragraph then it is a highly speculative risk. Much the same a laying it all on 18 Black in Vegas. When something can be moved dramatically higher by a VERY few people then conversely it can move FAR lower just as easily.Same as the CDO's/CDS during 2008, not even the folks selling/buying could explain them and that ended rather badly. Now, you put you money in an UNINSURED account and what happens if it goes BK? You lose it all because no Federal FDIC. This is Duth Tulip mania and only risk what one can afford to lose and not sweat. All just my opinion but I have looked at it and took a pass.

Meanwhile people are making 500%- 5,000% ROI. That is real.

Jan 18, 2018, 1:09 PM

The stock market is not insured either. Hell, the U.S. economy isn't insured.

If you dig deep enough looking at Ripple, it is a no-brainer that it will be huge. It's already grown from a fraction of a penny to $1.50. It got as high as $3.40. You could just set a conservative target, and pull out when you hit that. The thing may grow 500% this year. Or more. Seriously. It's free money if you know what you are doing and you trust your ability to think critically.

It's the best investment opportunity in our lifetime. Blockchain will replace the way we exchange value. The sooner people figure that out, the sooner they can benefit.

Replies: 45
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic