Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cowboys and Indians
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,204

Cowboys and Indians

Jun 17, 2019, 7:32 PM

After V-E Day and V-J Day in 1945, my company was disbanded. About half of the men were sent to Bremen, Germany. and the rest of us sent down to Marseille, France. About 30 of us, including myself and another of the "Fearsome Foursome", Steve "Pollock" Kozak, were sent to Port-de Bouc. There wasn't much to do in Port de Bouc so when off duty, we went to a Martigues, a nearby city with much more to offer.

On our first trip to Martigues we, by chance, went to a restaurant that served good food at reasonable prices. It was family operated and the family treated us like kings. The family head had a grandson about five years old and when he was in the restaurant, he always came to our table. He had learned a little English so it was fun to talk with him. Apparently, he had seen some old American Cowboy and Indian movies and wanted to know if we knew some cowboys and Indians. When he wasn't busy, his Grandfather would come to our table and visit and we talked to him about cowboys and Indians.

About two weeks later when we made a visit to the restaurant, the little boy was dressed up in a cowboy outfit, complete with a hat and boots. We never knew where the family found the cowboy outfit in the Marseille area. The Grandfather came to our table and presented a photo of his grandson in his cowboy outfit sitting on a small pony. I still have that photo stored somewhere within the confines of this house. His name is on the back of the photo. If he is still living, that little boy should now be about 79 years old.

Every time we went to the restaurant, the family members would come to our table to visit and before we left, each one of us was served a special dessert with their compliments.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cowboys and Indians

Jun 17, 2019, 10:05 PM

I never got a pony picture but some of my older cousins did. Apparently the man would bring the pony to your house and do the pictures.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,204
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic