Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could partial-ACC DOMERs beat SEC Georgia?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,576

Could partial-ACC DOMERs beat SEC Georgia?

Sep 18, 2019, 3:20 PM

I say No!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Could partial-ACC DOMERs beat SEC Georgia?

Sep 18, 2019, 3:29 PM

*Yes*

Kelly tends to better early in the season than late and finally never underestimate Jawja to lose the important game. They are kinda like our version of NC State. Great under the Carter administration, nothing since.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2019, 3:34 PM

I'm not saying they will, but I hope it happens.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Even if they do, I ain't claiming them. In football, they

Sep 18, 2019, 4:03 PM

are still outcast independent bastids.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doing my best Dusty Springfield impression .......

Sep 18, 2019, 7:21 PM

…… " Wishing and Hoping!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt it...but it'd be a nice surprise***

Sep 18, 2019, 7:26 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not but maybe. I'd give them like a 20% chance

Sep 18, 2019, 7:29 PM

at best.

yes. UGA won 20-19 2 years ago.

Sep 18, 2019, 7:31 PM

Do you remember the players drafted from that team?

Look for ND to stuff the box and try to take away the run.

Somebody tell me why this UGA team is so much better than 2017 UGA?

I don’t expect ND to whip them but I think they can pull it off. Their D was pretty good last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you are reading too much into a game from 2 years ago ***

Sep 18, 2019, 7:35 PM

Re: I think you are reading too much into a game from 2 years ago ***

Sep 18, 2019, 7:37 PM

I’m also factoring in ND last year. I think their defense will be good again. I could be wrong.

UGA passing game is weak this year.

I referenced the game 2 years ago because these teams are closer matched than people think. They also play a similar style of football.

I've yet to see confirmation that Georgia's passing game is

Sep 18, 2019, 7:44 PM

actually weak. Obviously ND is a big step up in competition but Fromm is averaging like 11 YPA and they have a ridiculously good OL.

Re: I've yet to see confirmation that Georgia's passing game is

Sep 18, 2019, 10:24 PM

I think Fromm is good but not great. He would probably be better in a different offense.

His ypa last year was 9.0

We’ll see how good ND secondary is. ND is going to have to pack the box. I just saw they have given up 200+ yards per game so far on the ground

Re: I've yet to see confirmation that Georgia's passing game is

Sep 19, 2019, 7:16 AM [ in reply to I've yet to see confirmation that Georgia's passing game is ]

"I've yet to see confirmation that Georgia's passing game is actually weak."

That's only because you ain't watching. They lost their 2 best receivers to the NFL, and the 3rd best one got kicked off the team. They had NOBODY with a single catch in a game on their roster at the beginning of the season, and they run, run, run, and hardly ever pass (because there is nobody to pass it to).

That being said - I felt like UGA is so one-dimensional that any decent D that can stop the run will beat them. ND is the closest thing to being able to do that, but I'm not sure they can stop them either. Pulling for the Domers though.

Yeah im aware of all of that, i just don't think it's

Sep 19, 2019, 11:25 AM

playing out that way. Despite those losses Georgia still has:

1) An elite QB (he's not Tua or Trevor, but IMO he's solidly in the next tier)

2) Possibly the best OL in the country

3) A running game that's really hard to stop and helps to open up the passing game for Fromm

4) A lot of really talented players from their last few recruiting classes including 5* WR George Pickens who has already flashed this year.

See what I mean now? 187 yards from Fromm the world beater

Sep 22, 2019, 10:19 AM [ in reply to I've yet to see confirmation that Georgia's passing game is ]

The announcers are praising him like the next joe Montana

ND and UGA are still on the same level as they were in 2017. A level below us

@tigersandcubs

Re: I think you are reading too much into a game from 2 years ago ***

Sep 18, 2019, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you are reading too much into a game from 2 years ago *** ]

@TigerDominance®I think Brian Kelly will have ND ready to play Georgia hard. ND has elite DE's. The game in my mind will come down to how well ND stops Georgia from running the football. If they do a good job and put the leg humpers in 3rd and long - advantage ND!
ND has a physical OL that will maul just as much as the big OL Georgia has. I just don't know about their RB production. The kid they had last year was good; not sure about this new starter. Book is capable of being a Bulldog "thrilla" Saturday night. If Georgia can't get to him enough; it could be lights out. I think they ranked in the triple digits in sacks last year; which will be a bad thing vs. a Brian Kelly offense this early in the season.
It isn't bowl time where you have a month. He will have ND ready with some new stuff that will test the fundamental discipline of the Georgia defense.

I wouldn't be stunned to see ND win.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Bee Bee Heads rank 120th in rush defense...

Sep 19, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to yes. UGA won 20-19 2 years ago. ]

They gave up 266 yards on the ground to Louisville and 212 to New Mexico.

The Leg Humping Hydrant Chasers, on the other hand, have a great big ole offensive line and two pretty darn good RB's in D'Andre Swift and Zeus White. Behind those two are Kenny McIntosh, Brian Herrien and James Cook.

ND is probably going to load the box and make Fromm beat them with his arm but that may be akin to trying to stop a speeding freight train with one of those little Smart EQ Fortwo cars.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 19, 2019, 7:04 AM

If we don’t want a 2 SEC team in the playoff situation we better hope this happens. Sadly though, Georgia is going to beat them soundly this year!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,576
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic