Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Congrats to Kyler.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Congrats to Kyler.

Jul 20, 2019, 1:36 PM

May he be successful in his first game this year.. and suffer a L towards the end of September. ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

you can transfer, but have to sit out a year, correct?***

Jul 20, 2019, 1:42 PM

Re: you can transfer, but have to sit out a year, correct?***

Jul 20, 2019, 4:22 PM

not if you earned an undergraduate degree at the program you are transferring from, or transfer to an FCS school, like in the case of Zerrick Cooper.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you can transfer, but have to sit out a year, correct?***

Jul 20, 2019, 7:00 PM

Or if you lie about wanting to be closer to a sick mama and lawyer up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Hope he does well, but his team loses every game -1

Jul 20, 2019, 1:42 PM

I don't pull for UNCheat unless they are playing the coots (meaning I hope they win the first game).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Congrats to Kyler.

Jul 20, 2019, 1:44 PM

He has to sit out this year. I think this is the 3rd highly ranked DB to transfer to the tarholes this year. I hope he gets beat in every game that he plays in because I hate the holes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looks like recruiting never ends now***

Jul 20, 2019, 1:45 PM

Jul 20, 2019, 1:48 PM

Luckily for us with our depth we will still be fine in the secondary even with that loss. Im guessing it was PT related? No telling with the tarholes.. free basketball tickets thrown in?

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Jul 20, 2019, 2:24 PM

I believe he saw the new recruits and knew he wouldn’t start. Boone is very special, lock down CB.

He may have had an injury and wanted to workout a year the try to start for unc.

He definitely had contact w/unc but I believe Dabo knew well before this.

The bright side we have another scholarship for a player like Joe Ngata’s brothet or another TE, LB or DE.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 20, 2019, 2:37 PM

Unc sites say our coaches spent the whole week trying to talk him out of it, who knows we will be fine this year and in the future. I am more concerned about our safety play than corners for this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 2:44 PM

Yep. Tarholes are trash!!!!!

I’m pawsitive Dabo and staff had the best advice he could get from anyone and then wished the young man well.

Personally, I think he’s crazy for transferring. Why would you Not want to learn from the best? That’s what puzzles me...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have all 4 safeties back from last year

Jul 20, 2019, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Kyler. ]

and they all played great. Plus we have 4 new safeties.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have all 4 safeties back from last year

Jul 20, 2019, 10:41 PM

Come on Muse or Turner do not play well against the pass and it was hard to watch at times.

that makes no sense

Jul 20, 2019, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Kyler. ]

if Clemson truly didnt want him to go to Carolina, they could block this transfer

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 20, 2019, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Kyler. ]

The thing that baffles me is the McMichael was so highly thought of as a player. He was supposed to be a star in waiting. If he was right behind AJ, that is no shame. Maybe McMichael IS very good, which frustrates me that this has happened.

Contact between a player and another school/their staff...even an intermediary...should NEVER be allowed. The ONLY type of communication should be via some sort of NCAA-established communication council that operates within strict rules (e.g., coaching staffs could provide general information regarding possible openings to transfers, which players could search for info).

Having said all of that, if a player does not ultimately want to be a Tiger, it is best that he leave. It isn't good for the locker room/morale. What I mean by "ultimately" is after there has been a legitimate chance with the staff and all, as some players get homesick or upset at any disappointment, yet, after some counsel and maturity, they very much change their minds and become Tigers for life.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He really didn't play a whole lot last year

Jul 20, 2019, 2:57 PM

and he didn't look good in the spring game. Goodrich got more playing time. Jones is the real deal for sure, and everyone seems to think that Booth will be too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He really didn't play a whole lot last year

Jul 20, 2019, 5:26 PM

Agree, Sheridan Jones us the best DB i have seen in a spring game since Christian Wilkins the year before! But seriously... That dude looks like a future star.

That's what I don't understand. There had to be some contact

Jul 20, 2019, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Congrats to Kyler. ]

prior to yesterday.

I think we need to hit the portal for a couple of thin positions.

We aren't thin anywhere but maybe TE

Jul 20, 2019, 7:27 PM

and we've got a lot of WR to catch the ball instead of TEs

This happened after the summer position roster ..

Jul 20, 2019, 8:59 PM

was released. I am sure he saw Derion as a starter after he didn't even play that position last year. Then add in the skills Sheridon showed in the Spring game. Pretty sure he saw the writing on the wall. Then we brought in like 6 DBs. May have been his best move? Hate seeing guys leave the team though!

Jul 20, 2019, 10:20 PM

My guess is watching Booth in summer workouts was the final straw. Kyler knew he didn't measure up to the other CBs. He wants to be on the field.

I have no problem with his decision because it doesn't hurt the team in any way. Won't miss him at all.

Wish him well.

Jul 21, 2019, 1:06 AM

Probably has very good straight-line speed, but has the build of RB. The majority of his position group(-LeWill):have the prototype build of a lock down NFL CB(or close to it), can probably best his straight line speed, have better hip flexibility, lateral quickness, and agility. Good problem to have for us, maybe he possesses the rare self-awareness to see the reality of his situation, due to predominantly unforeseen circumstances. Can't subscribe to the "GD quitter should have sucked it up & resigned himself to coming off the bench, for the remainder of his eligibility, and liked it" viewpoint. I do wish he would have made this decision a couple of months earlier.

Jul 21, 2019, 5:37 AM

What does a few months earlier do? Our 2019 class was not looking to fill up late. Seems like we already kept 1 scholarship in out pocket.

I agree with everything else and I also bet the Tarholes talk their "victory" up. I am sure Kyler was asked to stay but not at the level they are said to making it out to be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 7:58 PM

Stay in regular communication & contact w/ uncommitted blue chippers; who were once favoring us like: Henry Gray-

Who?***

Jul 21, 2019, 8:35 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic