Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson -17
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Clemson -17

Sep 18, 2018, 10:24 AM

I know some major sites are saying Tigers should only be -14 but i have a hard time convincing myself that Clemson wont score atleast 4 tds and that GT offense will score 1 if any touchdowns.

Is that crazy? or are these big bet sites just not as invested into program watching Clemson like I am?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson -17

Sep 18, 2018, 10:27 AM

You are also a fan with tunnel vision. Yes, we could very well win by 20+, but GT does cause teams trouble and will be playing at home.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's very difficult to project the spread of a clemson game

Sep 18, 2018, 10:33 AM

for several reasons.

-we get up by 10-14 and the 2s & 3s start rotating in (right, wrong, or indifferent)
-how does the QB rotation affect the rhythm of each QB (offense sputters?)
-with the defensive rotation towards the end of games we have a tendency to give up some points

you get the point. A 21+ point victory is well within reach, but due to the above i can also see a 28-13 type game..........it all depends on how we "click" on offense IMO...........defense will probably do what they do.

This game will be a lot like Georgia Southern...

Sep 18, 2018, 11:04 AM

Clemson will dominate on both sides of the ball. As long as Clemson doesn't shoot itself in the foot and cleans-up some of the miscues from last week (three turnovers, two missed field goals and a couple of stupid penalties), the game won't be close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:36 AM

Pretty sure we bust out the offensive whooping sticks on the Jackets to the tune of 42 points

GaTech's never been a bigger underdog during PaulJohnson era

Sep 18, 2018, 10:36 AM

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/georgia-tech-has-never-been-bigger-underdog-johnson-tenure/0DC86hUb6KSI5wK3dDjdLJ/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GaTech's never been a bigger underdog during PaulJohnson era

Sep 18, 2018, 4:02 PM

that’s crazy

Sep 18, 2018, 10:38 AM

I just want a win, period. Too many bad memories of our Atlanta trips where could have and should have but lost our minds football wise. Ijust hope we are well past that as we seem to be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 8:07 AM

I’m with you 74! Remember too many years Clemson should have won but didn’t - particularly in Atlanta. But I am as always - well - Hopeful!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Sep 18, 2018, 10:48 AM

Part of it is your orange-tinted glasses. First conference game, on the road, against an option team that will limit possessions all bring the line down some.

But right now the total is at 50.5 which I think is an easy under. Don’t see a score being higher than like 35-14 or 42-7

I think GT will quit if we can get up 2 scores.

Sep 18, 2018, 10:53 AM

I think this is a game that we win pretty convincingly.

38-10

What we can't afford to do is come out and commit turnovers

Sep 18, 2018, 5:00 PM

... keeping them in the game.

While Ga Tech is not built to mount a big comeback, they are certainly built to protect a big lead.

We need to score early and often.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What we can't afford to do is come out and commit turnovers

Sep 18, 2018, 10:27 PM

How are the roads around Apex since Florence moved away. Driving there Sat from the Charlotte area for a pre wedding event.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

No problems in this area that I know of ...***

Sep 19, 2018, 2:10 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No problems in this area that I know of ...***

Sep 19, 2018, 5:22 PM

Thanks for the info.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: Clemson -17***

Sep 18, 2018, 10:56 AM

We won this game by 14 last year and 19 two years ago with our

Sep 18, 2018, 11:00 AM

title team. I wouldn't feel great about Clemson -17. Also have to consider the Dabo factor. If the Tigers are up something like 31-10 in the 4th quarter the backups are all coming in and a 31-17 final is very possible.

Most obvious backdoor push last year

Sep 18, 2018, 11:14 AM

Had us -14 and up 21 with like 6 to go in the 4th and GT got the ball back with all their starters in and we had all backups and you just knew they were going to go on a 5 min drive for a push

Tech is also pretty banged-up

Sep 18, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to We won this game by 14 last year and 19 two years ago with our ]

Two offensive linemen, Andrew Marshall and Will Bryan, anr both nursing injuries and their starting RB, KirVonte Benson, is out for the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:25 PM

Thanks y’all cus Tbh I seen the spread and jumped on it. Kinda been second guessing it today but I saw some negatives and some positives so that’s good. I think we have a solid chance at beating the spread but y’all are right..good chance it’s a get ahead early and let them sneak back in. I knew their running back was out but the two O-line.. I didn’t know so that’s pretty awesome to hear. Either way beat the spread or not I will be happy with a good performance and a W!

GT games are usually either a nail biter, or a bigarse

Sep 18, 2018, 12:28 PM

blowout one way or the other. Given it's in Atlanta, probably the nail biter variety.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 2:02 PM

Since 2003, GT is 5-1 vs the Tigers in Atlanta.

I will happy (aka relieved) if we get out with a win, any win.

Sep 18, 2018, 4:00 PM

I just feel like our O is teeter tottering on breaking out. With a gt team that runs the option (given we have seen the option twice this year) I say we hold em big and Dabo is tired of hearing of the "problems" with offense so he lets the dogs off the chains and we pin our ears back and put up a 50 burger on GT and our D line forces them to throw. We get 2 picks and GT scores 3 field goals or 10 points tops.....

Wishful thinking or reality? Hopefully both!

Sep 18, 2018, 4:11 PM

I have read half of the 1st page and all I see is typical answers that reflect other years and not this one. GT's defense is basically nonexistent. They are freshman/sophomores on the back end and it shows. Dabo isn't going to say that right now, just like he didn't last time we faced 0hio St. Then their offense has taken a hit with 1 QB out for the season, Marshall playing with a hurt toe, and Benson out for the season. Marshall is not the same player he was for the first quarter - into the second versus USF and PJ does not trust the other QB #10 to run the offense. We already have had Paul's number before these injuries. Hence; Clemson -17 @ GT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 18, 2018, 4:24 PM

This is the most refreshing thing I've read about the game today! and I agree with it all!

Clemson -17 @ GT is a steal in my eyes too!
GO TIGERS!

Tech has average less than 200 yds total offense

Sep 19, 2018, 5:43 PM

in our last 3 games. And this defense is better than those last 3. If PJ doesn't come up with a serious curve ball this outcome is already decided.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic