Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cheaters... But we already knew
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Cheaters... But we already knew

Feb 23, 2018, 9:07 AM

http://myfox8.com/2018/02/23/duke-unc-nc-state-named-in-federal-ncaa-investigation/

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cheaters... But we already knew

Feb 23, 2018, 9:19 AM

Prediction:

1. Nothing will happen to UNCheat (again)

2. Since this appears to be widespread and involves many elite programs, there will be a push to legally pay players as a response to this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2018, 9:23 AM

I'm hearing they got us also. Chicken radio was reporting this morning that Jarone Blossomgame's name is surfacing in connection with the pay for play.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:31 AM

Yep. It’s listed in the yahoo article. He only got 1,100 or so. Think it was a couple coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2018, 9:23 AM

Yeah, unfortunately Blossomgame is listed too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can they hold a school responsible if they had

Feb 23, 2018, 9:33 AM

No knowledge or involvement? The NCAA or a school doesn’t have the authority or toools to investigate this type activity. The only reason the FBI cares about this is because the agency wasn’t sending the players 1099 so they could pay taxes on the income. The feds are like the mob they get mad when they’re getting a cut on economic activity.

Re: How can they hold a school responsible if they had

Feb 23, 2018, 9:47 AM

Yep, pay up or they will send their key board assassins after you!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How can they hold a school responsible if they had

Feb 23, 2018, 9:55 AM [ in reply to How can they hold a school responsible if they had ]

I'm sorry, but if a player is getting $50k+ there is no way you wouldn't know about that. Players like Bgame that got $1,100 or VanVleet at WSU that got $1,000 would be harder to track.

The FBI is involved due to bribery, corruption, and wire fraud, which is why arrests were made a few months ago. The FBI wouldn't care about a 1099, that would be the IRS (which no one likes).

None of the players will be arrested, but the agents/shoe companies are the ones in trouble legally. The issue with players would be NCAA violations possibly effecting some teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re right the FBI is investigating

Feb 23, 2018, 10:20 AM

Bribery and corruption, but the only reason that was happening was because the agencies couldn’t do it above board because of amateur status. The entire NCAA amateur status rules are outdated.

A coach or school wouldn’t necessarily know a player took 50+K , because those players are only on campus 8 months.

That is the key.. ".IF...they had no involment or

Feb 23, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to How can they hold a school responsible if they had ]

Knowledge "

This is why it is so important to notify the compliance office. IF they can find out about this stuff and notify the NCAA, the punishment is less.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

20+ Schools, basically everyone going Dancing...& Us.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:49 AM

nvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2018/02/23/former-clemson-usc-players-named-federal-college-basketball-probe/366425002/

Re: 20+ Schools, basically everyone going Dancing...& Us.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:50 AM

www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2018/02/23/former-clemson-usc-players-named-federal-college-basketball-probe/366425002/

Who was Blossomgame’s “mentor”?***

Feb 23, 2018, 10:30 AM

null

Its so widespread I dont know what the NCAA

Feb 23, 2018, 9:57 AM

will do. I dont think penalizing all the schools solves the problem bc thats not where it is. Its the AAU system and is unqiue to college bball. Yes, you have to do something to those schools and players to set precedence to deter future violators but they'll just find other ways until you change the AAU system (which wont bc its a big Business now) or lock up these corrupt agents.

Re: Its so widespread I dont know what the NCAA

Feb 23, 2018, 9:59 AM

It's not really just AAU, each shoe company has their own circuit and wants to attract top talent to it and then get them into a school that they sponsor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh I didnt realize that....well that does make it worse***

Feb 23, 2018, 10:16 AM

Re: Its so widespread I dont know what the NCAA

Feb 23, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to Its so widespread I dont know what the NCAA ]

Just end Division basketball for 3 years .
Nobody plays a game , anywhere .

By year 4 they'll all just be happy to make popcorn for the fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic